• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

500mg Tramadol has zero affect (fake?)

Friedcurls69420

Greenlighter
SWIM recently received some Tramadol Blister packs from a magical onion man. They are 100mg x10 blister packs. SWIM has used tramadol recreationally before, swim has taken 150mg of American tramadol before and it was awesome and very relaxing.

However the tramadol swim took this time was manufactured by an Indian pharmaceutical company called Hab pharmaceuticals. I'm sure there are different regulations for pharmaceutical manufacturing in India. But my concern is that these pills did almost NOTHING. Swim stupidly took about 500mg and they did nothing but make me slightly relaxed. I did some research and apparently this amount is enough for an OD but it did literally nothing for me.

I can't possibly think of an explanation for this other than two things:
The blister packs are fake
My body somehow doesn't react to Tramadol

Are there any seasoned opioid users here that can weigh in on this?

Front of the pack:

Back of pack:

Never seen that brand of tram but seen fake Valium in the same packaging.
Are on any anti depressants or other meds? Sometimes these can have an effect?
I've taken 400mg of legit tram before and felt hardly anything whereas other days 200-250mg will have me fucked up and I'm not on any other meds. Stomach content can play a factor, and if you took the whole dose at once or spread out?

Bottom line is I wouldn't trust the Indian pharmacys, or onion men either thesedays not for pharmaceuticals, so easy to fake, opiates are especially dodgy as so much fent gets sold as other opiates. You could send one or two to WEDINOS to be sure.

The onion man had almost nothing but positive reviews on his website which is why I'm so confused. None of the feedback claimed the products were fake The first day I took about 750mg over the course of 7 hours. Like 2-3 100mg tablets at a time. And I felt nothing but mild relaxation. I also took the tablets on a full stomach, I had like 3 slices of pizza so maybe that had something to do with it.

The second day I took 500mg, 3 at first and then another 2 an hour later. My stomach was maybe half full at the time and it still did nothing. What is WEDINOS?

Last edited:
Wedinos is a Welsh company that you send a sample to and they test it for free for exactly what is in it and then post it on their website, completely free and anonymous.

Also, I'm with drac, if I took 750mg and felt nothing then I wouldn't expect to have feel anything from 500 - throw them away they could be inconsistently dosed with fent, and you could end up getting a hotspotted one and dying really easily.
Just go to the doctor and tell them you got back pain and get some legit ones.

Also onions vendors can have padded feedback, do you know how easy it is to make multiples of accounts and go give yourself loads of fake feedback buying stuff from private links set to £0, seen it done loads of times.

750 is a massive/heroic/stupid dose of tram. You do know the ceiling dose is 400 in 24hrs right? You're just begging for a seizure taking 750 please be more careful if you get more.
To get maximum effect take it in 50mg increments every half hour.

Who knows is the answer...

That said, usually when its in a blister pack someone has gone through a fair amount of effort and there is at least some active ingredient in said pills. Particularly with tramadol. I used to buy tramadol from india and it was always pretty good.

Curiously, on an unrelated side note i searched Hab pharmaceuticals and found this bizarre compounded pill of low dose etizolam and propanolol. Seems as though it was particularly formulated for performance anxiety:

750 is a massive/heroic/stupid dose of tram. You do know the ceiling dose is 400 in 24hrs right? You're just begging for a seizure taking 750 please be more careful if you get more.
To get maximum effect take it in 50mg increments every half hour.
I did not know that. After I took that dose I wore a finger pulse oximeter and both my oxygen and heart rate levels were both normal. I would assume if it was real tramadol and it caused respiratory depression my oxygen levels would go down significantly. The fact that I'm still alive probably means they're fake I guess.

Also onions vendors can have padded feedback, do you know how easy it is to make multiples of accounts and go give yourself loads of fake feedback buying stuff from private links set to £0, seen it done loads of times

Shit, is that how it's done, I had no idea how they got positive feedback I thought they bought feedback or something

I've had zopiclone in that exact packaging from Hab Pharmaceuticals they was legit, I've not seen those ones though or had 100mg tramadol, I've only seen 50mg ones but then again I've only had capsules

Agree with Lady Alk - you got BURNED darling cos any ordinary person who took so Tramadol much at once would be vomiting and in a truly wretched state.
You really CAN'T take more than 400 mg over 24 hours without suffering.
Not long ago I accidentally took 11 x 50 mg tabs over 24 hours and even just an extra 150 mg made me nauseated for 2 days. And my doses were all at least 4 hours apart.

Get a script. And bear in mind too that for some reason many brands of generic Tramadol don't seem to do shit anyway. There's only one generic brand I like, called "Tramedo". If I can't get that I will I always get the "name brand" (Trammel in Australia).

Efficacy is improved if you take 2 paracetamol tablets at the same time.

And presumably you know NEVER to take more paracetamol than it says to on the box - unless you fancy agonizing protracted death from liver failure...

I dunno, my instinct by nature is that anything in a blister pack usually has some active ingredient. I feel like everything ive ever had in a blister pack worked to some degree (including weird indian pharmaceuticals).

That said, if you ever are going to get bunk blister packs its going to come from india. So its clearly possible, but its a horrible business model. No one reorder fakes.

Several years back I worked with a colleague who supposedly had connections and easy access to most pharmaceutical products. He offered me a free blister pack of Tram to go with my order, and it was also from an Indian company, although I have no idea what their name was now.

Anyway, the product did absolutely nothing for me. It was the equivalent of taking sugar pills, although I suspect even sugar pills would have given me greater physical effects than this stuff. Never experimented with it further to determine if the pills were indeed fake, or my body just did not cling to it at all.

On a side note, I have found over the years that a lot of Indian manufactured pharmaceuticals can be just as potent and legit as anything obtained elsewhere. I wouldn’t necessarily write them all off.

if you inhibit CPY2D6 enzyme with flouxetine or any other inhibitor, tramadol will not work, because she need to be convert to its active metabolism to work.
That's interesting: I always though tramadol was contraindicated if you were on SSRI or SNRI antidepressants because of risk of "serotonin syndrome" and seizures.
I'm on quite a high dose of TWO anti-deps but tramadol still works quite well on me.
I've had 2 seizures over about 12 years of tramadol use, but have never been sure whether that was cos both times I was also in process of giving up valium.
Usually doctors will NOT prescribe Tramadol if you are on antidepressants but my GP seems ok with it cos, I suppose, I ain't dead yet...
But in general it's a big no no to mix anti-depressants with tramadol.
People can die from serotonin syndrome.

Some people I know just don’t get high at all from tramadol. I had prescribed tramadol left over from a family member and I couldn’t get high after snorting line after line. I went to work because I didn’t feel high and it was there that I overdosed. I didn’t realize how high of a dose I took because I didn’t feel anything. Moral of the story, if u don’t feel any effects from tramadol, DO NOT keep increasing dose. This may seem obvious to most of you but as a frequent drug user and teenager, to my dumbass this wasn’t as obvious as it seems. It appears that some people’s body chemistry just doesn’t respond to tramadol

I'm actually watching a documentary now on Amazon Prime called Trafficking Pills, it is about Indian Pharmaceuticals, it seems they sell fakes and real pills, lots of out of date stuff kept in unhygienic conditions, stuff out of bins found in rubbish dumps in the crazy heat of indea, near sewers, they have alcohol solution to rub out the use by dates too

The doctors are corrupt and send their patients to pharmacys that stock fake medicines too, the ones that complain or tell on these traffickers, doctors and pharmacys etc are bloody jailed or murder, seems police corrupt and in on it as all day long boxes and oakagibg are being carried around, delivered and sent out of India

Seems lots of legit medication gets sent out of the country, or medication made or kept in squalor, but the people that live there get fake shit that they know don't make them better

One place who makes pills said you can choose what goes into your pills, they'll make up pills either fake or real and what strength you want etc

Its worth a watch

That's interesting: I always though tramadol was contraindicated if you were on SSRI or SNRI antidepressants because of risk of "serotonin syndrome" and seizures.
I'm on quite a high dose of TWO anti-deps but tramadol still works quite well on me.
I've had 2 seizures over about 12 years of tramadol use, but have never been sure whether that was cos both times I was also in process of giving up valium.
Usually doctors will NOT prescribe Tramadol if you are on antidepressants but my GP seems ok with it cos, I suppose, I ain't dead yet...
But in general it's a big no no to mix anti-depressants with tramadol.
People can die from serotonin syndrome.
You can most definitely get serotonin syndrome with Tramadol and being on SSRI’s/SNRI’s. It’s something that Dr should have flagged up on his computer as soon as he’s prescribing it. So he’s overriding that and prescribing anyway which is downright dangerous. The fact you had seizures could definitely be down to the fact you were taking SSRI’s with Tramadol.

Last edited:
If 500mg did nothing, and you have no tolerance, something is suspect.

Remember that the tolerance threshold for Tramadol is ~700mg

It is a dirty drug anyway. Why anyone would spend money on those things is beyond my understanding.

If 500mg did nothing, and you have no tolerance, something is suspect.

Remember that the tolerance threshold for Tramadol is ~700mg

It is a dirty drug anyway. Why anyone would spend money on those things is beyond my understanding.
Doses of over 400mg are incredibly dangerous with Tramadol. The seizure threshold is lowered at that dose.

OP Those were definitely not real Tramadol. 750mg with no tolerance would have you on your ass. Please do not take such ridiculous doses of medications. You very likely would have had a seizure or something worse. The Tramadol high is not worth those risks.