Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

500 ug of LSD - Ego Death ; Turning a Bad Trip into a Good Trip

Grigore

Bluelighter
Substance: 1-P LSD
Mood: Good.
Setting: Not very comfortable.
Health: No Heart disease,mentally and physically healthy.

Into the experience:

30 minutes in the trip,heart rate elevates.
40 minutes: Heart rate alarmingly high already. (~160 beats/min)

1 hour: Legs shivering,realizing shit is serious. Taking deep breaths - barely useful. Satanic symbols, panic, serious thoughts about dying, severe ringing in the ears.
1 hour 30 minutes: Listening to relaxing music in order to calm down, losing sense of identity - coming close to ego death.

2 hours: Ego death. No longer able to see objects due to full blown horrifying visuals related to death.
~3 hours: At this point,the bad trip is taking a slight turn for the better. Bathroom visit: reflection of self in the mirror - beautiful as fuck,morphing into reptilian figures,seeing the younger then the older version of self.
~4 hours: Heart rate around 150 beats/min.
~5 hours: Finally able to smoke a cigarette (cigarettes are orgasmic on LSD)

QUESTION: Is there a risk of dying from taking 1000ug of 1-P LSD (heart attack),taking in consideration what happened on 500ug?

QUESTION: Is there a risk of dying from taking 1000ug of 1-P LSD (heart attack),taking in consideration what happened on 500ug?

Are you seriously considering doing this?

AFAIK, we don't have an LD-50 for 1P-LSD yet, but remember we all react differently to different substances: what could kill you might not even make another person feel uncomfortable. Listen to your body and take it easy.

Are you seriously considering doing this?
Yes, I am seriously considering this and...I just hope I won't die, that's all. What do you think? (apart from the fact that you are saying that taking such a dose isn't worth the risk)

Is there a chance of dying from that dose?

Well, as i said, if your body reacts badly to this substance, let's say you are slightly allergic to it, i'd say there's fair chances you might die.

AFAIK, allergic reaction get worse every time.

Certainly isn't worth risking your life for something that really looks like it will be bad times at best... Would be a friggin' nasty way to go...

What would you do if you wanted a very intense experience that might be obtained only from a dose of about 1 mg with the ''I dont know if possible'' - risk of having a heart attack?

at least have a xanax or 2 on hand IMO. i heard there was was ceiling dose for LSD. at some point almost no difference is noticed iirc. can't say that 1mg will not be a waste.

Substance: 1-P LSD
Mood: Good.
Setting: Not very comfortable.
Health: No Heart disease,mentally and physically healthy.

Into the experience:

30 minutes in the trip,heart rate elevates.
40 minutes: Heart rate alarmingly high already. (~160 beats/min)

1 hour: Legs shivering,realizing shit is serious. Taking deep breaths - barely useful. Satanic symbols, panic, serious thoughts about dying, severe ringing in the ears.
1 hour 30 minutes: Listening to relaxing music in order to calm down, losing sense of identity - coming close to ego death.

2 hours: Ego death. No longer able to see objects due to full blown horrifying visuals related to death.
~3 hours: At this point,the bad trip is taking a slight turn for the better. Bathroom visit: reflection of self in the mirror - beautiful as fuck,morphing into reptilian figures,seeing the younger then the older version of self.
~4 hours: Heart rate around 150 beats/min.
~5 hours: Finally able to smoke a cigarette (cigarettes are orgasmic on LSD)

Of course there's a risk. A significant risk, I would say. Your heart rate was over 150 bpm for at least 4 hours. That is quite a strain.

Of course I remember you man,I guess you're impressed I'm still alive though. :D
How's life going? :)
And btw,what would you do if you were in my place in this so called situation?

Life is going pretty alright.
Yes I'm glad you're still alive and (I hope) well.
Well it depends, I'm guessing you don't have heart diseases or stuff like that but I still wouldn't do it, but knowing the crazy shit you do I will just say stay safe and if you can have a mate trip-sit you and keep an eye on you if you really can't avoid taking that high of a dose.

but knowing the crazy shit you do I will just say stay safe and if you can have a mate trip-sit you and keep an eye on you if you really can't avoid taking that high of a dose.

As funny as it might sound like,I currently have no friends,am living ''isolated'' in my apartment from the outside world,constantly hallucinating from HPPD,hearing voices now and then,but I got used to all of this. It's just the way life is for me.
...Miserable yet fascinating.

Guess my mind will be my own tripsitter.

As funny as it might sound like,I currently have no friends,am living ''isolated'' in my apartment from the outside world,constantly hallucinating from HPPD,hearing voices now and then,but I got used to all of this. It's just the way life is for me.

So I guess not much has changed from our last exchanges, hasn't it?
I don't know man, I wouldn't take take high of a dose, it's really really high, especially considering the effects you got from just HALF of that.

If the LD50 of 1P-LSD is similar to that of LSD at least you shouldn't die if you don't have heart problems and stuff like that but that's just a wild guess and I still advise you take it easy.
And if you do have a heart attack and somehow manage to not die (unlikely if you're alone without sitter and have a heart attack) you will most likely suffer permanent damage.

What would you gain from this? And even if you gained something would it be worth the risk? I'm actually curious, what do you think you would gain from this?

Anyways I'm pretty sure you'll do it anyway (if you haven't done it already) so at the very least try to stay hydrated and well fed and keep some benzos on hand to get some sleep when you comedown.

And of course make sure to write a trip report or if you don't want to send me a PM so I know that you're alive.

Sorry for the rambling but I'm high on a combo on ketamine and speed and I just want you to stay safe, alright man?

Keep us updated and good luck.

Last edited:
What would you gain from this? And even if you gained something would it be worth the risk? I'm actually curious, what do you think you would gain from this?

Good question,you might think I have a straight answer for it,but,no,not this time,I do not know what I'll gain from this but I also do not know what I'll gain from continuing to live like this,so I'm left with nothing except trying.

Am I doing something productive with my life? No.
Am I enjoying life? ...
Am I willing to keep living like this? Yes and no.
Would I regret dying from drugs? No.
Is there any hope for me? Not really.

And of course make sure to write a trip report or if you don't want to send me a PM so I know that you're alive.

Sorry for the rambling but I'm high on a combo on ketamine and speed and I just want you to stay safe, alright man?

I like your way of thinking,I feel like I'm some kind of weird little creature for you that is completely useless,but it would be nice if that weird living being is alive and well.
It's something like...ComfortablyNumb95 family: check ; drugs: check ; nice life: check ; Grigore still alive and replying on topics during his psychotic break: check. :D

I care about you as much as you care about me,I want you to be happy and well as much as you want me to be happy and well,but,unfortunately,I do not care about my life as much as an usual human being should.

We all die man,the enthusiasm of being the change I would like to see in the world is long lost to where no pathway goes.

Hey man, please please don't try 1mg if that's what happened with 500ug. Sounds like an awful strain on your heart, and it can NOT be worth the risk in any way.

I have tried 700ug of 1-p lsd + synthetic weed.
Unfortunately,ended up in the mental hospital for a week.
I'll write a trip report soon,it was the most fucked up experience in my life apart from the time I had sexual intercourse with a cow while high on datura.

You describe yourself in your trip report as mentally healthy...it does not sound like it to me.

And did you really have intercourse with a cow on datura? Thats just fucked up..

You describe yourself in your trip report as mentally healthy...it does not sound like it to me.

And did you really have intercourse with a cow on datura? Thats just fucked up..

It looks like you desire a serious answer to a serious question,so here it is:

In my reality, I'm mentally and physically healthy. It was my choice to end up going bananas in your world.
I'm having a nice friendship with the voices in my head, who are you to judge my lifestyle? I enjoy being the way I am, I'm completely out of my fucking mind in your point of view, but I'm totally fine in my point of view.

It looks like you desire a serious answer to a serious question,so here it is:

In my reality, I'm mentally and physically healthy. It was my choice to end up going bananas in your world.
I'm having a nice friendship with the voices in my head, who are you to judge my lifestyle? I enjoy being the way I am, I'm completely out of my fucking mind in your point of view, but I'm totally fine in my point of view.
I am not judging your lifestyle. I am questioning your mental health. I work as a nurse and have a lot of experience with people living with mental illness. If you think high dose psychedelic experiences are going to help you thats your call. I would not advise it personally but i am not judging you.

Did you really have sex with a cow though? Or was it a datura hallucination?