• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

500 mg 4-aco-dmt

Strange how you could type so coherently whilst tripping on 500mg of 4-aco-DMT, eh. Surprised nobody else noticed this...

Oh god, that reminds me of myself trying to work my computer on high doses of LSD...I think I spent more time just trying to get the keys to stop wiggling off my keyboard than I did actually typing. =D

On topic, holy SHIT. I'm glad you're okay, that must have been an experience of a lifetime!

Strange how you could type so coherently whilst tripping on 500mg of 4-aco-DMT, eh. Surprised nobody else noticed this...

well from checking the timestamps, we can tell that he went from a well-formed post upon first alerts to the rather un-verbose 'for some reason this feels hilarious' in about 15 minutes. likely he was already in complete shambles when his pal came to pick him up later

doesn't sound too strange, although i obviously am not experienced in onset times for these crazy doses...

500mg in the packet, that's not necessarily how much got into his system if it was in a bag.

this is completely real

i feel like im underwater but all my limbs are seperate

things are starting to morh and swirl into themselves many times over

i caled a friend and im going to the ER, hopefully they can monitor my BP and shit and help me out
Could you type this cohererently while all of this is going on? I know I couldn't.

Could you type this cohererently while all of this is going on? I know I couldn't.

I feel like i could. I find that I can use computers and type with relatively no problems while tripping. Although I admit sometimes it may be hard to read text. It was probably typed during the time in which he was still coming up. I highly doubt that he could of typed coherently 30 minutes to an hour later though. The 'for some reason this feels hilarious' post seems to be the turning point, and was also the last post until he came down substantially. I feel like the timeline plays out appropriately.

Glad you made it though the experience, man. Had to of been crazier than anyone could fathom.

wow man, i think you deserve a gold star or something for this experience. i'm sure you saw enough to fill a book or three, and i'd love to read more about your trip.

i can't wait to push this material past 22mg myself :D

There is not way we can deduce the "LD50", because the OP might simply be one of the other "50" at 500mg.

There is no way we can deduce that either from this thread. Why is it impossible to imagine that 4-AcO-DMT is safe in its own right?

That's not heroic, that's stupid. Less stupid than the OP, but still stupid.

I see your points.

It's just a theory nonetheless.

So, apparently the LD50 for psilacetin is ridiculously frikkin high. It really is converted into psilocin then, no doubt about it anymore I guess. I had read a 100mg trip report and thought that guy was a hero. I wonder what I'll go through when I break the 20mg barrier.

Thanks for such a nice response. Sorry you felt you had to go to the ER though.

No way to be able to tell that. 4-AcO-DMT could just be as safe. Hell, it could be safer. It's not out of the realm of possibility for me because 4-AcO-DMT and the AcO tryptamines in general FEEL less hard on the body than their 4-HO counterparts. Griggs is reported to have died from around a gram of pure psilocin. Though it could be fabricated I think.

Actually, I know it doesn't compare, but the time I had a +4 trip on 60mg or so of 4-AcO-DMT, I could actually type perfectly... I felt like I could do anything, like I was super-sober, like I was channeling the god-force. So it's possible. Especially if the OP uses a lot of psychedelics, because after you've tripped many, many times, especially regularly, you start to be able to function much better on them. I know this was a HUGE amount, but I'm just putting that out there.

thanks for the kind words you guys, it certainly was incredible (and incredibly stupid)

i have a feeling looking back that a good amount of it was probably destroyed by the heat of my system/absorbed by some of the charcoal i'd drank the day before when i visited the ER the first time trying to get the baggie out. if i had to take a guess i'd say that it was probably closer to 250-300 mg that actually made it to my brain, but who knows, it very well could've been the whole dose.

let me say that last night i had the most vivid and incredibly psychologically engaging lucid dreams i've ever had in my entire life though. if anyone out there with 4-aco-dmt ever gets the chance, i would try taking a very small dose, like 2-3 mg maybe, right before you go to sleep. i can't believe how transcendent that dream was, in some ways even beyond the actual trip. seriously wild material!

to those who doubt that my experience is real, the facts are all there. i posted this when i had the VERY FIRST alerts that something was happening, and started skyrocketing immediately. after i made that last post i began to have difficulty walking, and then the effects seem to multiply by hugely increasing orders of magnitude every moment that passed. the visuals didn't seem remarkable because i didn't even notice them after a certain point. all my senses were blended completely, thought of any kind was pretty much impossible. it was pure experience.

anyways, just thought i'd chime in before i go do my daily things today. will catch yall lata peace

I think that there is a possibility that the bag didn't burst but only leaked, and thus only what spilled out for the first hour or two really gave you the effects, as tolerance builds quickly.

Is anyone else half tempted to do a heroic dose of this substance after reading this? I know he could just be a hard-head that got blessed in terms of tolerance but I would LOVE to live through that experience. I mean a tiny fraction of what he took is enough to blow us all out of the third dimension, just imagine the corner of brilliance he voyaged to in hyperspace.

He should write up a formal trip report for Erowid or something to better pinpoint extreme dosages. (Also so some idiot doesn't actually try nearly this much as a 'dose', when as he said, part of the full 500 could have been stuck in the bag/leaked out after he already had tolerance/destroyed by heat.)

Is anyone else half tempted to do a heroic dose of this substance after reading this? I know he could just be a hard-head that got blessed in terms of tolerance but I would LOVE to live through that experience. I mean a tiny fraction of what he took is enough to blow us all out of the third dimension, just imagine the corner of brilliance he voyaged to in hyperspace.

Not nearly as heroic as 500 mg, which as was pointed out there is no way of knowing exactly how much material left yhe bag and entered his system, and at what rate did it leave the bag, and how much of a role tolerance related to the rate of the material being released...before anyone jumps on doing this, why not let the OP come back first and tell us what he is experiencing post trip. We have no idea yet how he was affected.

But yeah, I look forward to hearing more details for sure.

Not nearly as heroic as 500 mg, which as was pointed out there is no way of knowing exactly how much material left yhe bag and entered his system, and at what rate did it leave the bag, and how much of a role tolerance related to the rate of the material being released...before anyone jumps on doing this, why not let the OP come back first and tell us what he is experiencing post trip. We have no idea yet how he was affected.

But yeah, I look forward to hearing more details for sure.

No, I did not mean 500mg at all. I was thinking more along the lines of 65-80mg 8) I have balls, and have lost some braincells but I still value my life ;)

No way to be able to tell that. 4-AcO-DMT could just be as safe. Hell, it could be safer. It's not out of the realm of possibility for me because 4-AcO-DMT and the AcO tryptamines in general FEEL less hard on the body than their 4-HO counterparts. Griggs is reported to have died from around a gram of pure psilocin. Though it could be fabricated I think.

I've heard this about griggs too, and was always skeptical.......Ive also heard (and talked to some) that he actually overdosed on PCP, which was indeed making its way thru the brotherhood at the time, being called both psilocin, pislocybin, and mescaline. PCP does make alot more sense to me.

And, for what it is worth, ( a vague comparison), the LD50 for psilocybin in rats is 285mg per kg, 280mg/kg for mice. And that is intravenously 8o!! much higher safety margin than most other psychs. (from Psychotropic Drugs and Related Compounds, NIMH Edition)

OP- very glad you are OK. Sounds like you had a beautiful *peak* experience. cheers.

Last edited:
Not me.

50mg was too much, and I mean too much for me.

I wouldn't dose higher if you payed me.

i havent gone past 24mg and that was a full on +++.

i do want to try 30mg, but i doubt id go any higher than that.

Just an after thought to those of you saying that 4-aco-DMT is completely legal, this largely depends on the OP's country.

In the UK for example, as an ester of a controlled class A substance (4-HO-DMT) it's also a controlled Class A substance. It's also entirely possible that with the slightest hint that it might be intended for consumption, the Federal Analogue act could be used to prosecute in the US.

Largely irrelevant I guess, provided the OP hasn't had any legal repercussions since the incident.

I think that the whole idea of "Heroic" doses is silly (if not outright irrisponsible) ego stuff, no offense.

That said, I somehow DO have more interest in this compound now that I had before (ie. Nil).