• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

5 Tibetan Rites (Exercise)

nice.

id post some badass kung fu breathing meditation exercises, but its not practical without someone in front of you illustrating it.

this is bloody awesome! love the tingles when you first start doing it.. which for me was today!

i feel tho, that with my current fitness levels I can do a lot more of these than just 5. is it ohk to bump it up to say 15 and then work from there? i play a lot of squash and go on runs several times a week so a coupla extra stretches isnt going to break me i wouldnt imagine!

plus can i do these more than once a day? i wouldnt mind spinning around a bit just before i hop into bed lol.

On my 5th week of this, started with 5 reps, up to 13 now and I have to say I do feel better and after doing the exercises especially the 5th one I get a nice rush.

I'm quite a skeptic and I'm sure the exercises won't let anyone live to 150 but they seem to be effective at making me feel better so I decided to give this a bump.

Things go bump in the night

I still do these 2-3 times a week.

Been starting to do it a little more since I've been more active lately. I think I'd benefit from yoga quite a bit, but I think these exercises/stretches are great. It's quick to go through, really helps loosen up my lower back, and helps with my posture. I still like it.

Little more than 2 years later and it's still the same.

I figure doing it two or three times a week is better than nothing and it definitely helps my posture. I feel like I can breathe easier after doing them as well. I've noticed the more I do this the less I like to sleep on a pillow. Majority of the time now I sleep with my head on my mattress, and then I put the pillow over my head to block out light/noise.

I do a lot of chakra work and I'm dubious as to the effectiveness of this approach. It just seems like glorified exercises to me.

Exercise in general benefits the endocrine system, which in turn benefits the chakra system. It's reflected in people's auras.

its good that this thread was bumped, i was just thinking about it the other day! i remember seeing it when it was posted, and while i haven't followed these rites specifically, reading through that article really sparked my interest in doing these types of stretches and incorporating them into some make-shift form of routine. :)

Don't underestimate the Five Rites!

They don't substitute for the gym but when I'm feeling tense they're great.

this is not unlike the active meditation training regimen taught to the shaolin by the legendary bodhidharma

Going to have to try and remember this to give it a go, I've been doing small weights/sit ups a day alongside the martial art I do for just general toning to bulk slightly. This should be good for the posture/spine, a few of the exercises I'm familiar with too in warm downs.

How effective is this? Is it like Kundalini yoga/meditation?

Check out this routine, it is 7 asanas to be done once a day for 40 days, while abstaining from having an orgasm for those 40 days. This is necessary for many reasons, reserving and building up your Dosha, to develop your Prana and begin clearing the chakras, so that the kundalini energy is able to rise with out much obstruction, and to have the pranic energy to be able to try and have some control if/when the kundalini rises, is a nice way of putting it.

Pranayama is as important as the yoga, and doing yoga w/o practicing pranyama is a not a good idea nor recommended, double especially with kundalini yoga.

It is also a good idea to study the meridian points along the roof of the mouth, you might notice yourself pressing your tongue on the roof of your mouth, this is a subconscious attempt to help disperse of the new energy in your body, the heart and brain if practiced properly can literally begin to communicate a low Hz level, this is a subtle benefit that is beyond words effective ;) and necessary to understand once the process begins to take place.

<3

_________
AUM-NRING, NRING, NRING, NARSINGHAYE (NRISIMHAYE) NAMAH-AUM
~
Ketu

Last edited:
^DOPE! I thought I'd already posted in here but apparently not.

I am going to try those 7 asanas as soon as I have gotten laid again...maybe before if it's not in the next few weeks lol.

I have been doin these 5 (+ the 6th rite) moves for a few months now, on and off, worked my way up to 20 - and I can say they are great to do straight after a nap and they really wake me the hell up anytime I do them.

I will see how the longterm effects play out, I just need to get a new grass mat!

Bumping this thread up.

I haven't done this for a while and just started again and I really love it.

Had taken about 1.5 year break from running and had stopped working out for about 8 months. Started doing both again and had been having some lower back pain. Combine this with me incorrectly picking up a barrel of grease at work (didn't use my legs enough and used my back, exactly what you're NOT supposed to do) and I was in a lot of discomfort in the days afterwards.

Just doing the few exercises and spending the 10 or so minutes it takes makes a huge difference! I'm still struggling to get back on suboxone and have been still dabbling with heroin. The back pain and discomfort goes away quicker and more effectively doing the stretches than it does doing a few bag shot of dope.

There's all the same good effects I had posted in earlier years; better posture, clearer breathing, less back pain.

^^ hey, I'm really interested in this but the link to the exercises doesn't work anymore. do you have a working link?

EDIT: it appears to work now lol. definetely will check it out.

Last edited:
so I just did these 5 rites and I don't know if it's placebo or something, but I already feel more relaxed and focused.
something to add to my daily routine for sure. thanks!

Last edited:
Definitely worth trying. It might not be for you and you might not like it, but you should at least give it a shot. I personally enjoy it and find it beneficial. I hope to be more consistent with it this time and to keep doing it. I want to maintain and improve upon my current flexibility. I really don't want to hurt my back or have back pain, and this seems like a good preventative measure.

yeah, I started with 10 reps a day. How would you suggest to increase them? like 2-3 reps more a week or more? I'd like to get to 21 reps a day in a month or 2 but if it's dangerous/unhealthy I'll slow down.