• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

5 Tibetan Rites (Exercise)

Since I do them when I wake up in the morning, it makes me much more alert right away, especially the spinning. I've only been doing 5 per day but feel like I could handle more. Have ya'll be increasing reps faster than the recomended one per week?

I've been doing 5 reps as well, haven't increased yet. The only thing that is stopping me from doing more is the first exercise.
Can't say for sure yet since I've been doing it for less than a week but I may have more energy and/or I am sleeping better. I say this because today I had to wake up at 6:30, normally I just feel like shit in the morning and have skipped many classes, but today I didn't feel nearly as bad.

I really like exercise 5 though, it makes me feel great doing it.

Still going. I definately feel lighter with more energy and a better mood. I am combining the rites with a healthy diet/lifestyle so I guess its all attributing to my improved well-being.

Anyone who is saying they have more energy, do you mean you feel it throughout the day or right away or both?

I feel like I have more energy on the days I do it earlier in the day (though it's hard to determine if it's actually from that, something else, or placebo), but I actually feel somewhat sleepy after doing the 5 exercises. The last 2 days I've been tired afterwards, but later on felt great. I've been working a lot lately and just had school start, so I may have just been flat out exhausted too.

BTW, I'm only doing 5 reps of each.

but I actually feel somewhat sleepy after doing the 5 exercises.

^^You know I also felt that sleepiness the first few weeks I was doing the 5 exercises. I cannot find an explanation for it, but someone once told me that when you rid your chakras of stale energy sleepiness is the natural, immediate result. One thing I noticed is that my sleep was FANTASTIC. It was really deep and relaxing and I felt so refreshed after waking up.

I dont feel sleepy after the exercises but I do have a fantastic nights sleep. One thing I have definately noticed now is that I do not get as hungry during the day. I do not have an appetite to eat between meals nor do I over-eat at mealtime.

I saw this months ago when CC first posted it and downloaded the instructions, and yesterday I finally printed them and had a look.... started last nightand did it again this morning. I think I will keep at it and give it a long-term shot, for I need an easy-to-remember and easy-to-do daily practice of some sort, and this seems GREAT!

I'll make sure I'll let you all know how it seems to affect me.
many thanks for sharing, CC!!! <3

Anyone still do this?

I notice if I go for more than a few days without doing it I feel a lot stiffer, essentially my whole back. I try to do it at least 4-5 days a week, since I can't seem to remember to do it everyday.

I feel like my posture has improved since I started doing this several months ago and my lower back doesn't bother me as much. It usually gets pretty tight from running and working, but this has helped soften the blow. I mean it still gets sore, but I feel less rigid.

The experience that really sold me was when I didn't do the exercises for a week and I had been feeling stuffed up/congested out of nowhere for 2 days. I remember doing the exercises/rites and my congestion cleared right up.

I posted earlier on this thread how I felt I was in better alignment after doing the rites and that congestion-clearing experience made me feel even more sure of it. I've had a doctor crack my back in a way that would do a similar thing, instantly removing the congestion, and was always told that it was due to being out of alignment. Food for thought. :)

I've been meaning to do these exercises since this thread first was started... Must get around to doing it, seems great!

^doooooo it!
I have been extremely busy at work...and so there are weeks when I do it everyday, sometimes every other day, at the least 2-3 times a week. Better than nothing....of course, but I really feel the differences when I dont do it . For one, I do not sleep deeply and it SUCKS as I need a restful sleep everynight.
There was also around two months ago (December) when I only did it once a week, and my period was one week (!) delayed. When I upped this to 3x or more a week, my period came 3 days earlier (January)> To others this might seem like nothing but like I said before, I used to be grossly irregular , with my period coming a week/2 weeks late each month .

I'm trying my best to do it 5x a week (lol...I even do it in the office at times, in the board room, when theres NOBODY around!) When there's a will theres a way and this is really worth it.

Carl Landrover said:
The experience that really sold me was when I didn't do the exercises for a week and I had been feeling stuffed up/congested out of nowhere for 2 days. I remember doing the exercises/rites and my congestion cleared right up.

Bump!

I still do these. I didn't do it for the last 2 days and was feeling stuffed up. Did the routine, and can clearly breathe through my nose. I'm no doctor so I won't try to explain it, but I will enjoy breathing easier. :D

I'm so glad I found this! Thank you cc for putting this up.

I just started a new job in a new part of the world-a whole new life actually-and have been feeling so tired and worn out. Basically I feel entirely unbalanced. I am going to try this starting tomorrow I can't wait to start feeling better :)

^Ive been doing 21 reps for about six months now. I usually do this Monday to Friday (I skip weekends, lol, I get really lazy). All the benefits I spoke of are still there...I sleep very well, I am energized throughout the day, and my menstrual periods are shockingly regular (for the first time in decades.) Many people say I look 10 years younger than my age so maybe I can attribute it to that as well hehehehe (I've always looked younger though...)

But hey, it probably helps! =D

I usually do a Sun Salutation when I can through out the day, but I'll try this out! Seems interesting.

I remember reading this before and being attracted to the whirling Dervish aspect... for weeks I kept spinning in our living room. It's awesome. You don't get many excuses to whirl around when you're an adult.

^The whirling is actually my favorite, as I never get dizzy anyway. Ive always loved spinning around since I was a little kid! Regulates the chakras, energizes the body, etc. Just make sure you dont fall or hit anything ;)

I thought tibetan yoga was done through a teacher-student relationship. How can you learn this type of intricate practice from a textbook online?

How much deeper is the practice relative to simply analyzing it along physical aspects?

I would personally be quite leery of investing my strength training in anything bodyweight related other than handstand type poses (they are the only ones I would think capable of providing an intense enough stimulation to your muscles). But I suppose for lighter intensity this could be quite good?

why not lift weights if you want to get stronger? Its pretty safe to say you won't get as strong doing this practice as you would if you progressively overloaded your muscles with barbell exercises.

and then meditate to get your mind stronger.

and finally live your life right in order to be happy.