• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-meo-dpt, 4-aco-dpt, 4-ho-dpt, 4-ho-nmt

morninggloryseed said:
I too feel 2C-IP will be a neat one to explore. Yes, down in potency (DOIP was) but potency isn't everything (witness 2C-D.)

And mescaline, (the most magical phen, at least in my mind, though DOC and 2c-e are close) isnt all that potent either....

morninggloryseed said:
I too feel 2C-IP will be a neat one to explore. Yes, down in potency (DOIP was) but potency isn't everything (witness 2C-D.)

Hmm... That's interesting. I always figured it would go up in potency because 2C-T-4 (isopropylthio) is a little more potent and longer lasting than 2C-T-7 (propylthio), but maybe this wouldn't hold true for the non-thio version?

Is 2C-iP much harder to synth than 2c-d/e/p? I always wondered why it's been ignored so far.

Back on topic...

So far my interest only seems to be 4-HO-DPT or the aco version anymore. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Do write a report on it if you ever try it. There's really little information about it, and I bet it will be a very nice chemical, considering all the other 4-AcO/4-Ho's are so nice.

Yeah, I would love to try 4-HO-DPT, and I'd almost as much love to try 4-AcO-DPT. Both of the DMT versions are spectacular, and I bet the DPT versions would be at least almost as spectacular.

So yes, please do write a report if you get a chance to try either of them... or any other obscure psychedelic. :)

I may be getting my hands on some 4-AcO-DPT soon, it will be a while before I get around to tasting it but will definately report back regarding effects

Does 4-hydroxy NMT have a 'trivial' name? As the 4-phosphoryloxy ester is called baeocystin, I'd have thought baeocin would be the best candidate, even if it is a weird looking name (more vowels than consonants in a 7 letter word - can't think of another word like that!)

This substance isn't very psychedelic at all. Around 2002 I experiment with it during the research chemical craze.. I would describe it as a auditory deliriant, very little visuals. Although I distantly remember a overwhelming fear and the voice of robots over powering my thought process.

Not wishing to doubt your word, but are you sure this was the dipropyl compound and not one with an isopropyl (N-propyl-N-isopropyl) group as auditory distortion etc seems to be an exclusive property of the isopropyl group in tryptamines? If it occurs in the absence of an N-isopropyl group, it's a first as far as I know

I think it would be very interesting if some chemists discovered how to synthesize some of the phosphoryloxy esters of the tryptamines. Especially 4-PO-DMT, but also the others. There's been a long-standing debate as to whether psilocin is different in effect from psilocybin, and I tend to think it is, but it would be great to know for sure!

Slightly off-topic I suppose, but this thread is vague enough anyway. F&B made me think of it when he mentioned the 4-phosphoryloxy ester baeocystin. :)

I think it would be very interesting if some chemists discovered how to synthesize some of the phosphoryloxy esters of the tryptamines. Especially 4-PO-DMT, but also the others.

Already been done - Albert Hoffman made synthetic psilocybin many moons ago (as part of the investigation into Mexican magic mushrooms) & I've seen the synthesis for psilocybin from at least two separate sources. I'll not go into synthesis details, but it's no more difficult than synthing 4-acetoxytryptamines

^^ Proof that, no matter how much time you spend sitting around on Bluelight, you learn something new every day. :D

I thought I remember there being reports from way back when of synthesized baeocystin (4-po-nmt) being active on its own. Given that's true, and that the 4-ho-NMT that I've IM'd, Dondante's IV'd (meaning it's not MAO that's the problem), and numerous other people have swallowed to little effect was legitimately 4-ho-NMT, that "po" could make a big difference for other tryptamines.

Regarding 4-ho/AcO-DPT (if it's truly out there now), I'm cautiously optimistic. It would be amazing if it inherited the power and utter uniqueness of DPT the same way 4-ho-DMT does in regards to its dad. Here's hoping something actually comes of the hearsay this time around.

fastandbulbous said:
Does 4-hydroxy NMT have a 'trivial' name?
I said nitrocin =D but apparently thats already a drug name for some weird thing i think :D

^^^
since there isn't a nitro group something like, monomecin would make more sense.
or does it already has a name baeocin (or something?)

anyway, 4-ho-dpt/4-aco-dpt has been around for quite a while now im wondering what the word is on its activity...it seems highly unlikely that its less potent than you average 4-sub-t material and could be quite nice. any news???

I have the first three in the title in my possesion but I can't try them out yet. I'll leave small reports when I do get around trying them. Can't wait :p

don't acquire large tolerances or your data will be near meaningless to us!

I only have large tolerances to every other kind of substances out there. Psychedelic tolerance is never permanent :) That's a great thing about them. one week and it's gone completely.

Lucky you... I would LOVE to try all 3 of those substances. Make sure to rport back, for the sake of us all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, not my experience. Lucky you. Although I was finally able to really trip hard on 2C-E again... although it took 18mg rectally. I now always leave at least a week between trips but it's never back to like it used to be. Then again, I spent a year tripping 3-4 times a week or more. Hopefully you've never gotten to that point.

about 2 months ago just 2 weeks of tripping nearly every other day (sometimes days in a row) ending with a 2 day LSD and DMT 'binge' (lol) has given me some lingering tolerance. Its been 1 month since I've tripped (on acid) and I recently tried some changa and noticed that my reaction to it was still subdued.

On the plus side almost every day since then I've had crazy weird psychedelic thoughts and sometimes even broken down in tears thinking about the end of the world! :D