• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[5-MeO-DMT] Side Effects & Adverse Reactions

same here
he had no idea he had been doing all of this and had been so impressive to watch
he smoked it again twice since, with the same show

At the same dosage level? It doesn't sound healthy to the body. What about having your friend try a threshold/++ dose or perhaps try some regular DMT?

I wouldn't encourage someone to keep smoking it if every time they go into wild convulsions. It can't be healthy.

the same reaction has been reported several times before (on erowid) with no negative consequences
so at first, i was afraid he was a horrible time, but i was never afraid for him physically

but you're right. it doesn't look healthy when you see it

why have him try a threshold dose when we know that this dose is a right breakthrough dose for him (he was really happy with the effects)?
i don't think he'd see too much interest in a sub-breakthrough dose anymore

vegan said:
^^ reminder : the 5-MeO + MAOI combination is widely inadvisable

some traditional shamans offer yopo to ceremony partakers on top of ayahuasca. yopo contains 5-meO-DMT. what's the danger?

^^ i've read several times here that most of the trip reports say it was an error
(often adding physical pain [such as head pressure] to the experience i think)

i haven't read them those reports though, so i could be mistaking

egor said:
I was nauseated from my first ever hit of 5-meo-dmt too. I get a ton of warping and twisting type visuals, but nothing colorful, or with eyes closed (at least with nothing but 5-meo-dmt) like n,n dmt. The only real side effects I get from it are occasional nausea, and an increased need for albuterol (I have severe asthma) for about an hour afterword.

thats interesting as my experience with 5-meo-DMT is similar visually. i get the motion effects, but absolutely no color change, or even enhancement. with eyes closed, i see swirling, chaotic fractal type things, but they are completely without color. they appear to be simultaneously black and white at the same time, almost like its strobing so fast that it becomes one (non)color.

unfortunately, it always makes my heart pound and beat really fast, and its quite uncomfortable. i find it hard to go with the trip when it feels like my heart is gonna explode any second, no nausea though.

while unque and interesting, i find other psychedelics to be much more worthwhile.

i love 5meo its my favorite.Sometime i still get the fear when i smoke it depending on how much i take.LIke said before i also found with the more i do it the more visuals i get

illusion25 said:
-I would like to smoke some DMT or 5 meo dmt while on some shrooms, . This is on my next to do list..
been there, its fan-fucking-tastic. alil weirdo at times, but realy worth while for some OUT THERE visuals. Iv never seen aliens or moeses in my DMT visions but Im sure if I smoked DMT enough times on mush I would. But smoking deemsters on lsd is better, its like lego land, watching rainbow trains wizz by in a "zipper" like manner.

Iv yet to try 5meo DMT again sense 04/05. I just had realy bad experience on it where I was struck by pure terror, so much that Im almost convenced that it must be the chemical in the body that produces panic attacks. because as a kid I got panic attacks that felt JUST LIKE 5meodmt.

also, to the guy who took some and everyone was worried and so forth. I once blasted this kid with dmt (wouldnt shut up about it after I let him try it) so I gave him a 50mg blast and he kinda passed out, 5min into hit he pukes and shits him self and his friends are frekaing out saying he is dying. I tell them make sure he is breathing and wait 15-20min and then worry. sure enough he comes out of it syaing "fuck that shit! never doing that again!" and then leaves to clean up. oh maybe 10min past and he coems back "can I have another deemer?" never did give him another.

i have tried 5meodmt on a low dose of shrooms.The 5meodmt greatly overpowered it.When the 5meodmt weared off it took the shroom trip with it

Youkai said:
Iv yet to try 5meo DMT again sense 04/05. I just had realy bad experience on it where I was struck by pure terror, so much that Im almost convenced that it must be the chemical in the body that produces panic attacks. because as a kid I got panic attacks that felt JUST LIKE 5meodmt.

also, to the guy who took some and everyone was worried and so forth. I once blasted this kid with dmt (wouldnt shut up about it after I let him try it) so I gave him a 50mg blast and he kinda passed out, 5min into hit he pukes and shits him self and his friends are frekaing out saying he is dying. I tell them make sure he is breathing and wait 15-20min and then worry. sure enough he comes out of it syaing "fuck that shit! never doing that again!" and then leaves to clean up. oh maybe 10min past and he coems back "can I have another deemer?" never did give him another.

Was that 50 mgs of DMT or 5-MeO-DMT?

I also found 5meoDMT frightening the first few times and always feel like I forget to breathe. This used to scare the fuck out of me but I learned to just take a breath every once in a while. I also get those weird black and white CEVs but no OEVs unless another ingredient is in the background. I used to wonder why the appeal but getting used to the terror and getting a feel for proper dosing have made this one a valuable material. It also seems to have a lingering afterglow that is very recognizable and lasts the rest of the day and into the next. No nausea ever with this, though so far it has only been vaporized and snorted once (to little effect).

I get almost no nausea from sublingual absorbtion. I use GABA to cover up the terrible flavor

1st try: (Tiny bit. Bad technique.) Subtle expansion. More of an alert really. Pleasant.
2nd try: (Same amount & technique) Same thing. I liked it.
3rd try: (8-10mg. Good technique, i.e. all the smoke went into my lungs) Immediate overwhelming powerful psychedelic state, increasing in intensity at incredible speeds.
I died right there and then and there was nothing I could do but accept it (sounds easy? It isn't).

I was and always have been for all of timeless eternity ONE with the single love/power/consciousness I/we/God.
The physical universe reduced to an invisible pinsized speck, then lost.

Universal consciousness opened the eyes of the body that has my name on it, and manifested on the physical plane.

etc, drifting back to a sort-of baseline 15 mins after launch.

Words are useless. Indescribable whatever. This was easily the most intense and powerful spiritual experience of my life.

I've had many +4 experiences (probably a trade-off for my relative instability) but this was something else.

I'm not ready to try this again, and maybe I never will.

Anyway, just for the sake of ontopicness: At some point, while appproaching the normal human realms, I noticed that my body had a bit of a problem with the huge overload of energy.
Puking wasn't an option but I can imagine myself or others doing just that under different circumstances.
A totally empty stomach and a little water will probably prevent nausea.

I have only tried 5-Meo-DMT once, and it was not long after a pretty reality shaking DMT experience. I didn't load much, just 7mg and didn't inhale much, probably 2-3mg.

I don't know if it was the feeling of uneasiness from the earlier DMT experience, or if it was just the side effects from the 5-Meo. But after that first hit, I started to feel a little sick (nausea and a slight headache), and not right. I could tell it wasn't the time and didn't go back for another hit. I remember having faint visuals, a pillow bleeding into the wall behind it for just awhile.

I have yet to smoke any more 5-Meo-DMT, but I do want to soon. Today while at an alcohol/tobacco store I was looking to see if they had a miniature hennessy bottle to make the machine, but they didn't have one that looked suitable for the task.

I puked out the entire universe when I first tried it, and the second time it knocked me out. I woke up with my pants soaked in urine. So, empty stomach and dispose of any bodily fluids you might have.
5-meo seems to give me pretty bad chest pains..

I tried this recently as free base.

When vaporized, its as strong as calcium bufotenate. But 5-MeO-DMT has too much side effects and not much visual effects. It’s got a lot of mental effects like LSD which calcium bufotenate doesn’t have.

I don't like 5-MeO-DMT much. The side effects are sort of like bufotenine hydrochloride without the euphoria.

I think 5-MeO-DMT remains legal because very few people like it. I’ve heard so many bad reports from its use.

Yes, a rapid pounding heart and possible vomiting are somewhat reasonable reactions when one is in a state where every time they close their eyes the universe melts into a cyclone of exploding energy. This has been reported by people I know who are experienced with this compound as well. A person should be well prepared and ready to lay down still and be overwhelmed.

5meoDMT takes time to learn. Initial use will almost always scare and blow away the user. It is simply terrifying, particularly if you do not like to lose control. The lack of visuals normally associated with a strong psychedelic state is also disorienting. Most are expecting a morphing landscape with lots of visuals accompanying ego loss, but with 5meoDMT, it is just the loss of self into the abyss.
That said, after a few rides, the territory gets more familiar and the terror will lessen, allowing the user to benefit more from the experience. I always get annoyed when such a potentially useful substance gets judged from a single experience.