Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-MeO-DMT HCl

Arimane

Greenlighter
Hi guys,
SWIM has some 5-meo in HCl form, and is only experienced with freebase form. What he would like to ask you is the weight percentage of HCl in this salt, so he can dose it well.

Thanks =)

Ari

welcome.. we don't use SWIM here... as for your question i'm not too sure what you're asking...

but here are the doses recommended according to erowid

Smoked 5-MeO-DMT Dosages
Threshold 1 - 2 mg
Light 2 - 5 mg
Common 5 - 10 mg
Strong 10 - 20 mg

Onset : 0 - 30 seconds
Peak : 1 - 15 minutes
Duration : 30 minutes
After Effects : 1 hour

ALSO, this belongs in PD (Psychadelic discution)

again, welcome ;)

^ He's wondering how much heavier is the molecular mass of 5-MeO-DMT HCl compared to freebae.

IMO their isn't much difference.

Freebase is 218.298 g/mol

Can't find the mass of hydrochloride unfortunately :\

Haven't found a difference between the 2 as 5-MeO-DMT is extremely potent.

welcome.. we don't use SWIM here... as for your question i'm not too sure what you're asking...

Hey there,
Ok, I'll avoid the SWIM or My cat or whatever =)

^ He's wondering how much heavier is the molecular mass of 5-MeO-DMT HCl compared to freebae.

exatly. HCl has it's own weight, so I should need to know like how much 5-meo-dmt is there in 12 mg of HCl salt =)
for DMT HCl has a really little part, so does acetic, almost irrelevant. With 5-meo I'm not sure about it.

ALSO, this belongs in PD (Psychadelic discution)

Thanks for moving my post =)

^^ no problem, sorry i have no idea to answer your original question.. i missunderstood...

^ IME I haven't noticed a difference, but I've only used freebase a couple times and HCl a couple times.

Considering 5-MeO-DMT is so potent with doses around 5-20 mg I'd say the difference in purity would have more of an impact on the equivalent dose than the form.

Start with your regular dose and take it from there. You'll probably find the HCl doses are pretty much the same as the freebase.

Alright, I've figured out the situation.

The molar ratio is 1:1, a mole of 5-meo-dmt weights 218.3 g/mol while a mole of HCl is 36.5 g/mol.
So a mole of the salt would be 254.8 g/mol

To see the proportion, just need to make 218.3 : 254.8 = Y : X
where Y is the desired freebase amount.

more or less, we can also make 1 : 1.2 = Y: X

in simple terms, we need to moltiplicate the desired amount of fb per 1.17 to obtain the salt needed.

(like, for 12 mg fb, we make 12*1.17 = 14.04)

thanks for answering, hope this helps you =)

Am I to understand that either form could be smoked without problem? I thought I would need to convert my 5-meo from the HCL to the freebase, but from what everyone above says, I guess the salt can be vaped.

the point betwee vaporization and burning (pyrolisis) is very close making hard to ssmoke the salt

you can convert into freebase easily.

dump lye in shotglass with dH20 and then dump in 5meodmt. scoop out dry

i used to smear the HCL version inside my nasal passage to trip out. about 30mg.

Am I to understand that either form could be smoked without problem? I thought I would need to convert my 5-meo from the HCL to the freebase, but from what everyone above says, I guess the salt can be vaped.

Matsuo has replied you; also, is much more easy to enhance leaves with a freebase (due to the acetone solubility).
I don't like to smoke it, anyway. Bad, too strong, too short. IME.

Last edited:
I found the hcl to be far better for sublingual use than for vaping. The hcl tended to char and burn, unlike the fb which is very easy to vape without burning.

Does someone knows the dosage for a rectal administration?
Since it's a salt it is water soluble, so no problem for that =)

I found the hcl to be far better for sublingual use than for vaping. The hcl tended to char and burn, unlike the fb which is very easy to vape without burning.

Yea, 30mg sublingual 5-meo-dmt gives me about an hours worth of cosmic trippy mindset, neo-telepathic feelings, stronger colors and crisper outlines, just a deliciously god-like state of being.

Oh and it doesn't taste too horrible either!

I only ever did this after dissolving in vodka, but I'm wondering, if that is necessary... anyone do just the raw powder under the tongue?

Localized spots of powder may cause irritation or sores to form when sublingually dosing. Vodka certainly helped the permeability of blood vessels there, and i'm sure menthol (mint) would also improve the efficiency of such a method.

Localized spots of powder may cause irritation or sores to form when sublingually dosing. Vodka certainly helped the permeability of blood vessels there, and i'm sure menthol (mint) would also improve the efficiency of such a method.

Oooh... great idea! I think I might go find some mint drops and blend up a bottle, as a buddy and I were gonna watch a trippy movie today (Inception [I already saw once, tripping], or "Ink" on Netflix streaming video)

Is the HCl more stable than the freebase? I'm guessing so, but does anyone have any experience?
And is 5-MeO-DMT in general a stable molecule? Will it be fine in a freezer in an airtight container with silica gel or does it need to be stored in a cobalt vial possibly filled with argon/CO2 for it to keep for several years?

I have an inkling that a cobalt vial under inert atmosphere is overkill, in the freezer there is generally no light so an amber vial or whatever is less necessary. I appreciate the consideration of oxygen but I think there are oxygen absorbing sachets that may be more practical, so that you can keep it doable at home.

If you have argon, CO2 or nitrogen or whatever then I would say why the hell not with all the tryptamines you want to store long term, right?

Anyway I think I picked up somewhere that 5-MeO-DMT is less instable than N,N-DMT although I cannot explain why the 5-methoxy would
prevent the N-oxide from being formed! Neither can I back up that claim, hopefully someone else can - otherwise I would take as many precautions as realistically possible for you. That is always best.

I don't really tend to my phens, but everything fragile like 4-HO-DMT ... I keep in the freezer in different airtight mini-jars with dessicant, yes. I think I have protected 4-HO tryptamines with a wrap of aluminum foil around the baggy against light. I know I just said the light is probably not a problem in the freezer but I don't want to shock any chems when I take them out occasionally.

Last edited:
I think H2O is needed to carbonate the freebase tryp though, or not?

The dessicant should prevent that.

i used to smear the HCL version inside my nasal passage to trip out. about 30mg.

When you say smear, you pique my curiosity as to the appearace of your 5-meo-dmt hcl.

I am curious because my 5-meo-dmt hcl is a reddish brown chunky goo-like substance, but it's dry enough to handle. I haven't sampled it, because the appearace put me off.

Does anybody know about brown 5-meo-dmt ???