View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

5-meo-amt scraps

egor said:
^^ mind writing a report?
I have not come across many adverse reacttions to 4-aco-mipt yet.

I've only seen one person have a negative reaction to it, her face became red and a bit swollen.Nothing to serious though it went away as soon as it wore off.

^^ was it some sort of alergic reaction??
were there any other significant side effects in this person??

haribo1 said:
Not if you will like it, if you will get a high body load. Amongst people I know, the only ones who liked 5-Meo-AMT were people who didn't suffer body load on 5MeoDMT. I was making a suggestion for the benefit of harm reduction. If you can suggest a better way I'm all ears...

I never get a significant body load from 5-meo-dmt on its own. I get the worst synthetic chemical produced body load I have ever gotten from 5-meo-amt. Only yopo/cohoba snuffs are worse in my opinion
There is no real connection in the effects of 5-meo-dmt and 5-meo-amt.
The chemical similarity is the ONLY similarity. The best way is to just avoid 5-meo-amt entirely.

egor said:
^^ was it some sort of alergic reaction??
were there any other significant side effects in this person??

That's what I'm thinking, there were no other side effects.In all she said it was a good time.

4 aco Mipt Muscle stiffness in the neck particularly noticeable, at 40 mgs

I've been experimenting with 5-MeO-AMT for the last couple of months, dosing four separate times at 6mg, 10mg, 12mg, and 15mg, as well as observing effects at varying doses with my friends. I find that some people get hit by the nausea much harder than others. I always could control the nausea if I started smoking weed 15-25 min after dosing. Music sounds amazing on this substance, there's some lovely visuals and there's a very enjoyable body high, but the headspace is nothing interesting. I notice a residual headache for about 12 hours after the trip. I currently haven't tripped in 2 weeks and I still get these random, short pangs in the right side of my head. I think I'm done with this chemical, though I'm not regretful of having taken it.

5-meo-amt

For you guys that have tried 5-meo-amt what size dose would you recomend for a first timer? I was thinking either 4 or 5 miligrams.

None. Throw it away.

I bought some 5-meo-amt early on before I knew much about it, but luckily I read all the terrible reports and proceeded to toss it in the trash. $50 down the drain is much better than 16 hours of flu-like psychedelia. At least in my opinion :\

^^^So you threw it away with out even trying it. I'v heard alot of good things about this stuff. Iv heard that it has a heavy body load but thats it.

I agree. The one time i had the misfortune of trying this , uncomfortable ( to say the least) chemical, i was given it under the pretense of it being LSD. AS soon as that metallic tang hit my tastebuds, i knew what it was. What ensued was a rather unpleasant 12 hours of no sleep, ubiquitous body aches, and something resambling a mild , however dirty mushroom trip. I did 3 bags of dope to try and fall asleep to no avail. Avoid this.

Start with a dosage of 2mg to see how you react to the compound. I would wait another week at the least before you dose again.

This is what me and some friends did. 2mg provided me with a fairly nice but odd buzz and a very dreamy state of mind, with slight visuals, very slight visuals.

You don't want to take a full 5 or 6mg dosage and find out your body is going to have none of it and have to suffer. If you don't do well with the 2mg dosage, it should be common sense to not try it again at a higher dosage.

I found that ingesting the substance in some warm tea of the course of an hour to help with the rough come up. If I just bomb the substance, I spend about an hour and a half on the verge of puking and feeling like I am crawling out of my skin, and then that fades and I get some nice tactile sensations. This tends to disappear as the psychedelic effects kick in and then you are left with a bit of a cramp in your gut, nothing too bad, and a 12 hour trip that really doesn't go anywhere. Not a bad substance for staying awake and watching cartoons, listening to music, playing video games, but not much in the psychedelic thought process from what I found. Perhaps I just never ventured into that realm but I never found the push to do so.

I would probably never touch 5-MeO-AMT again, just because I have slowed down psychedelic use in general and save my experiences for substances that are easy on my body.

Yep, it's the only chemical I've ever thrown away without trying.

Go ahead and try if you want, but heavy body load is not something I look for in psychedelics. I can deal with some transient nausea from 2C-T-x or mescaline, but it sounds like 5-meo-amt is unrelenting in it's ability to produce a feeling of general malaise.

Dondante said:
None. Throw it away.

I bought some 5-meo-amt early on before I knew much about it, but luckily I read all the terrible reports and proceeded to toss it in the trash. $50 down the drain is much better than 16 hours of flu-like psychedelia. At least in my opinion :\

I actually tried it before giving it the heave-ho. Only drug that caused me to simultaneously throw up and shit myself with the gastric distress it caused (I usually refer to it as opening the sluice gates at both ends!). Worse on my guts than even HBWR/MGS dosing (a lot worse actually). Wouldn't take it again if you paid me

5-hydroxy AMT is used as a specific agonist at 5HT3 receptors I think (would have to check TOCRIS catalogue to verify). That's the one 5HT receptor you don't want agonism for unless you like suffering!

I'd have no idea why one would want to take it either. So many negative reports. I didn't throw mine out, as I like to collect things, but I am never going to try it.

I just dosed four people with it over the weekend with 4mg's and none of them reported much nausia, im thinking about mixing it in my 2c-E. What do you guys think like 3mg's 5-meo-amt and 10-12mg's 2c-E? That might give the same effects but with alot less nausia.

I got some early on and tried it 6 times. After that I threw it away... the stuff is just disgusting. I mean, I had some good moments on it, but the entire state is so uncomfortable and clenched, and the actual mental effects are not very good, in my experience. I love AMT a lot, but I very much dislike 5-MeO-AMT. it's true that some people seem to enjoy it (although to be honest almost every positive report I've read is from an author who also enjoys other nasty trips like Coricidin, diphenhydramine, etc). Give it a try since you got it, you never know, but start with like 2mg at most. Personally I took it up to 3.5mg once but that was... not pleasant. I never threw up on it, nor did it cause significant nausea for me. Instead, it caused this terrible body sensation with a headache and this general feeling of nastiness and regret for having taken it.

I've actually experienced worse come-ups from other things, but the thing about almost all other psychedelics is that they level off and become very worthwhile after they fully come up. 5-MeO-AMT, on the other hand, remained in this nasty, unpleasant state for the entire trip. It didn't get better at all until it had finally worn off (which takes a long time),

patte4dm said:
I just dosed four people with it over the weekend with 4mg's and none of them reported much nausia, im thinking about mixing it in my 2c-E. What do you guys think like 3mg's 5-meo-amt and 10-12mg's 2c-E? That might give the same effects but with alot less nausia.

Adding another psychedelic is going to change the character of the experience...especially if you are adding a PEA to an indole. What do you hope to achieve by mixing the two?

morninggloryseed said:
Adding another psychedelic is going to change the character of the experience...especially if you are adding a PEA to an indole. What do you hope to achieve by mixing the two?

I guess sort of the same intensity of the trip without the same nausia. Since i've got it I might as well use it up and save some of my better stuff,. If I can make sence to others?