• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

5-Meo-AI

ingo_1978

Bluelighter
This seems to have surfaced although I can't find anything on it. Does anyone know anything? Surprised they never went for making 5-MAI instead.

Just to clarify, are you talking about 5-methoxy-aminoindane?

Yes, I am talking about 5-methoxy-aminoindane. I suppose it would be similar to MMAI but more doperminergic hopefully.

there seems also to be 4-MeO-Buphedrone coming...Im always very curious about those MeO compounds...but well maybe this is just a prejudice because of PMA ^^

if it's 4-methoxy, yeah, then it's probably not the brightest substitution. The 4-methoxy and 4-methylthio substitutions on amphetamine derivatives engenders them with strongish MAOI activity. Not a good thing with drugs that release monoamines, and probably not a good thing even with those that are 'mere' reuptake inhibitors. Surely one wouldn't combine cocaine and tranylcypromine or any of the other MAOIs...

We've seen for years on here how people want to combine MAOIs with dopaminergic drugs (even MDMA types) because in research it reduces the neurotoxicity and might theoretically be better for your heart. If that's what people want, go ahead but tread with extreme caution. Combining the two effects into one drug is absolutely retarded though. You can't dose-control the two effects then to tailor the combination to your needs and basic safety.

Sure, one of these drugs might turn out to have the perfect ratio of MAOI and DARI potency but the odds are so heavily stacked against it it's can't possibly be an intelligent thing to start it straight with human trials.

Why put a MeO-group on a chemical like Buphedrone? There's barely any effect to begin with.
The aminoindanes have not been overly rewarding so far, either. MDAI was a near miss (all talking in my opinon here), 5-IAI was alot like that, too - even if it looked a winner on paper.

5-IAI wasn't a winner because virtually none (perhaps literally none) of what was sold as 5-IAI actually was.

hammilton said:
Sure, one of these drugs might turn out to have the perfect ratio of MAOI and DARI potency but the odds are so heavily stacked against it it's can't possibly be an intelligent thing to start it straight with human trials.

What is more, I suspect this ratio to vary a great deal idiosyncratically.

Why put a MeO-group on a chemical like Buphedrone? There's barely any effect to begin with.

The (flawed) reasoning is that this group will make the compound more serotonergic. The thing is, it's questionable whether this is even desirable in a reuptake inhibitor, let alone whether the SAR logic with amphetamine skeleton releasers holds.

ebola

this is not about 5-MMAI but 5 MeO-AI its a different chemical. But still I would be very interrested about your report maybe there is a aminoindane which is more recreational ^^

Last edited:
Yeah, I have a gut feeling that real 5-IAI is probably a halfways-decent experience.

Speaking of 5-MAI, I swear to god, this new huge upswing in the RC market is going to hit a brick wall eventually when they hit something with real, acute toxicity, like the aforementioned combo MAOI and releaser/uptake inhibitor. A bunch of kids will die or end up in the hospital, and shit`ll really hit the fan. Feels like it`s only a matter of time eh?

yea well and? thats natural selection

and I think 5-iai was made and it is just a bad drug

There has been a lot published of the various analyses and they all find the shit to contain something else.

^^^
Exactly. Until a batch is confirmed independently, it must be assumed to be a random cathinone. It is amazing how many drugs are taken at face value. Some of the confirmed naphyrone analyzed was actually beta-naphyrone, not to mention every imaginable mephedrone analog. All research chemicals should be assumed mislabeled until proven otherwise.

5-IAI i think; I don't think 5-meo-AI is being produced in any sort of scale yet.

Okay...MMAI has its methyl substitution on the nitrogen, not on the 5 position on the ring (corresponding roughly to the 4-position on a phenethylamine). There is no reason to think that the two would prove similar. Neither compound has ever been used widely in humans, 5-meo-ai likely never before. I would consider a Shulginesque dosing procedure to establish activity, beginning below a milligram.

However, Nichols did research MMAI, and found it similar to but slightly more potent than MDAI. I would still start far lower than a full 100 mgs, lest there be surprises.

ebola