• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 4C-MAR

It's interesting that you guys are talking so in-depth about 4fmph because I am just finding out similar things. Very functional and does not at all try to convince me to redose, which is weird for a stim. I've even tried to stay up and geek out but I still find myself nodding off.

It's interesting that you guys are talking so in-depth about 4fmph because I am just finding out similar things. Very functional and does not at all try to convince me to redose, which is weird for a stim. I've even tried to stay up and geek out but I still find myself nodding off.
Right now it's got me stuck a little bit. I want to go to sleep but the residual stimulation is making me obsess over things. This happens to me on most stims from time to time. I have to get up for work in a few short hours and I can't bring myself to fall asleep for whatever reason.

I didn't do any throughout the whole day yesterday until I got home from work. But I reckon I did have a fair amount.

Right now it's got me stuck a little bit. I want to go to sleep but the residual stimulation is making me obsess over things. This happens to me on most stims from time to time. I have to get up for work in a few short hours and I can't bring myself to fall asleep for whatever reason.

I didn't do any throughout the whole day yesterday until I got home from work. But I reckon I did have a fair amount.

One of the thing I first read about 4fmph was that it's potential for getting people in that "stuck" headspace is higher than other stimulants. I can attest to that, but I also do benzos alongside my stims so my reactions are of course different. I can say it helps to a degree (obviously from the gaba agonism). Brings you down of course, but the focus seems to persist and I can still take smaller amounts of 4f after if I choose without consequences.

Using it mainly for gaming and stopping this depression from nailing me to my bed with nails made of despair. Good thing it's three times the DRI that regular methylphenidate is.

Must be an interesting time to be a NPS-taker. I'm kind of glad I got out when I did but there's also a number of things I'm a bit curious about. Not enough to jump back into drug use for, though.
Just stick to the good drugs, and do it in the name of science, not for personal pleasure-seeking (not that there's anything wrong with that; indeed, the U.S. Declaration of Independence “hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” (interestingly, Jefferson took this bit from Thomas Locke who wrote about “life, liberty, property…”))

I mean, hell, even Bill W., founder of AA, was an advocate of using LSD as a cure for alcoholism. Check it out: https://www.theguardian.com/science/2012/aug/23/lsd-help-alcoholics-theory Granted, this was controversial, but forging one's own path up The Mountain sometimes is the best way forward. Just food for proverbial thought if nothing else. Don't let me talk you into doing something you will regret. But if it makes sense, don't hold yourself back for posterity's sake. We only have this one life to live, so make the most of it and don't miss out on things that interest you. Life's too short for that. My $0.02 anyway.

Still planning on writing some stuff up about this. I just lost my scale so I'm wary on seriously reporting until I can weigh my stuff.

But I have done an allergy test and a small eyeballed insufflated dose twice. Felt stimmy with some minor fuzzy serotonin activity. Didn't keep me awake for any crazy amount of time, but I was kinda tired at the time. Gonna take some more today and will hopefully have some better notes.

In the interest of getting some info out there about this, and since I ran out of other stimulants, I figured I'd proceed with it, however flawed it may be. Bear in mind I take an SSRI, and I had done some 4fmph prior.

Took what I assume is close to 20mg nasally (do as I say, not as I do). Doesn't burn or anything, minor itching. I don't much care for the come up, it's uncomfortable and distracting. But I found at about 30-45 mins into it, it starts to move into a smooth, clean stimulation. Whereas meth is frenetic at points, this feels gentle. Euphoria is not too forced, but it's just a pleasant happy feeling. Not very compulsive, which i guess is good.

About 2 hours in now, haven't redosed. Feel I've reached a plateau of effects. Solid phenethylamine feeling type, not sure how exactly to describe but theres just a soft happiness bubbling up inside me. Hair on my arms standing up and minor temp fluctuation. Don't have to be doing anything really and everything feels very still. Slight visual brightness but still in a 'trippy' slightly introspective mood. Guess I could describe it as a cross between an empathogen and a stimulant, like it's parent compound. Still different from anything I've felt before.

Honestly wish I wasn't working right now, feel kinda useless and aimless.

About 2 hours in now, haven't redosed. Feel I've reached a plateau of effects. Solid phenethylamine feeling type, not sure how exactly to describe but theres just a soft happiness bubbling up inside me. Hair on my arms standing up and minor temp fluctuation. Don't have to be doing anything really and everything feels very still. Slight visual brightness but still in a 'trippy' slightly introspective mood. Guess I could describe it as a cross between an empathogen and a stimulant, like it's parent compound. Still different from anything I've felt before.

Honestly wish I wasn't working right now, feel kinda useless and aimless.

I am incredibly interested in this chem now. Sounds like it has what 4fmph is missing (for me).

Bear in mind, I'm coming out of a slight bender and my tolerance for stims is generally high. Also coming out of abilify use. I like this stuff I just imagine it's better suited for other situations. It has stopped my urge to redose anything pretty well. Comfortably high with no desire for more, for the first time in a couple days. Mostly cause I don't wanna go through that come up again. I think I will redose and see what happens, I only have one job left so I can go home soon and relax. Def need to pop a tranq and pass out this evening tho

Bear in mind, I'm coming out of a slight bender and my tolerance for stims is generally high. Also coming out of abilify use. I like this stuff I just imagine it's better suited for other situations. It has stopped my urge to redose anything pretty well. Comfortably high with no desire for more, for the first time in a couple days. Mostly cause I don't wanna go through that come up again. I think I will redose and see what happens, I only have one job left so I can go home soon and relax. Def need to pop a tranq and pass out this evening tho

Thank you for your brave research sir 👏 gonna be on the lookout for it

Thank you for your brave research sir 👏 gonna be on the lookout for it
Redosed at t+ 2:45, slightly larger amount than the first. I'm guessing I'll get a better feel for this chem and if it's got any real shitty side effects shortly. Weird how little it burns going up the nose. I prefer my chems to kick me in the nose like a mule.

Yeah, I'm like 4 hours into it now, and I finally got home from work. The comeup on the redose wasn't as bad, and the stuff definitely kinda has me in my feels a little bit. I'm kinda getting that sad feeling I get when I take empathogens, with more stimulation. Got kind of a weird tingling in my hands a little bit that I don't really care for. Overall I don't think I'm too crazy about the stuff. I much prefer straight stimulants though. I really don't feel like taking more anytime soon, but maybe it'll be better if I take a smaller amount orally when I'm not quite as strung out and coming off of psych meds and subs.

It was given to me as a sample, unless I find some utility with it as a regular stimulant I doubt I'd get any more. That's probably the conclusion of my thoughts about it for now unless something changes.

Yeah, I'm like 4 hours into it now, and I finally got home from work. The comeup on the redose wasn't as bad, and the stuff definitely kinda has me in my feels a little bit. I'm kinda getting that sad feeling I get when I take empathogens, with more stimulation. Got kind of a weird tingling in my hands a little bit that I don't really care for. Overall I don't think I'm too crazy about the stuff. I much prefer straight stimulants though. I really don't feel like taking more anytime soon, but maybe it'll be better if I take a smaller amount orally when I'm not quite as strung out and coming off of psych meds and subs.

It was given to me as a sample, unless I find some utility with it as a regular stimulant I doubt I'd get any more. That's probably the conclusion of my thoughts about it for now unless something changes.

I feel you on that, I feel like I never really get the itch scratched with these RC stims. There's always some weird aspect or drawback. I tried to get into subbed cathinones but man, are those hit or far miss, or even both at the same time somehow.

The SSRI and abilify probably have a substantial impact on the effects of it, I would guess. In fact if it is a serotonin releaser (not sure if it is), it's not particularly safe to combine with an SSRI.

Can we talk about 4B-MAR here or do we need a seperate thread? Saw it become available recently, was wondering if someone had tried that one maybe. I'm think to try it but honestly that's actually just because I want to try real 4-MAR lol.

Lol, you can make a new thread if you would like, but feel free to discuss it here too. Honestly doubt anyone has tried any of them aside from me. And if they have they haven't said anything about it. And as I mentioned my findings are somewhat flawed.

I gave some of this to a friend of mine last night. He actually enjoyed it a lot, compared it to a stimulating roll that doesn't leave you as strung out. We had fun he liked it a lot.

Last edited:
That said they havent yet found one with the recreational potential of 4-MAR (at least as far as I know, and i don't necessarily have my ear to the ground when i comes to this stuff).
I've never tried 4-MAR but find it very hard to believe that 4,4-DMAR wasn't just as euphoric. It was far better than meth. bordering on MDMA/4-MMC territory but super CLEAN/ CLEAR feeling. No hint of anything feeling toxic like PV. I'm shocked it didn't get bigger but am aware that it was pulled from the market due to deaths. I consumed 1gram in less than 12 hours and it was the tits until the shadow people. It never felt unsafe at any point.

I've never tried 4-MAR but find it very hard to believe that 4,4-DMAR wasn't just as euphoric. It was far better than meth. bordering on MDMA/4-MMC territory but super CLEAN/ CLEAR feeling. No hint of anything feeling toxic like PV. I'm shocked it didn't get bigger but am aware that it was pulled from the market due to deaths. I consumed 1gram in less than 12 hours and it was the tits until the shadow people. It never felt unsafe at any point.
4,4-DMAR can cause severe serotonin syndrome for days apparently after its consumption. Moreover, the reports on it made it seem lackluster; definitely not worth the risks. Fatalities from it almost invariably involve other drugs.

From Characterization of a novel and potentially lethal designer drug, (±)-cis-para-methyl-4-methylaminorex (4,4'-DMAR, or “Serotoni”) (bold mine):
“(±)-cis-4,4'-DMAR was a potent, efficacious substrate-type releaser at transporters for dopamine, norepinephrine and serotonin with EC50 values of 8.6 ± 1.1 nM (DAT), 26.9 ± 5.9 nM (NET) and 18.5 ± 2.8 nM (SERT), respectively. A comparison with d-amphetamine, aminorex and (±)-cis-4-MAR revealed that activity at SERT varied more than 100-fold across the four drugs, with (±)-cis-4,4’-DMAR exhibiting the highest potency for releasing 5-HT. The potent releasing activity of (±)-cis-4,4’-DMAR at all three monoamine transporters predicts a potential for serious side-effects such as psychotic symptoms, agitation, hyperthermia and cardiovascular stimulation, especially after high-dose exposure or following combination with other psychostimulants.”
But then I suspect 4-MAR probably isn’t great for the heart and can cause hypertension, tachycardia, and bruxism in higher doses, which users can easily accidentally traipse into given the drug’s high potency and long duration.

Guess I could describe it as a cross between an empathogen and a stimulant
This is a common description of 4-MAR itself – it’s a euphoriant somewhere between meth and molly and it lasts longer than both. Btw, thank you for the report. Definitely piqued my interest in the compound.
compared it to a stimulating roll that doesn't leave you as strung out. We had fun he liked it a lot.
Hell yes. 🤘😤