• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-methylamphetamine?

this is stupendously doubtful.

ahahaha

the amphetamine version of mephedrone? hmm i'm gonna guess its very addictive hence it keeps cropping up as an impurity in random street speed to give it a a meth like edge

Last edited:
The descriptions make me think [3-methoxy, 4-methyl-amphetamine] was somewhere between 6-APB and IAP.

This sounds about right. Coolio (RIP) described it as something like BDB, but lasting all day (he did not find it pleasant though).

Maybe 4-Methylamphetamine is safer and less addictive than amphetamine and
N-Methyl-amphetamine and would be an alternative for amphetamine/methamphetamine.

I'd expect it to be less addictive, as significant 5ht efflux reduces the rate compulsive administration of stimulants in animal models, but safer? Hell no. Anecdotes from Eastern Europe suggest neurotoxicity risk somewhere between MDMA and para-chloro-amphetamine.

ebola

How about sticking a 3-methoxy group on that?

That's what SHE said. ;)

In all serious this thread fascinates me and I'll be looking for human trials. I've never had good luck with 3 substituted amphetamines but my eyes are peeled, still.

^Not to discredit anymore but theyre exactly that, anecdotes imo.

Fair enough, but the isolated horror stories of the after-effects of 4-methyl-amphetamine have me reluctant to accumulate my own experiences to add as a datum. Until someone decides to confirm lack of neurotoxicity in an animal model, well. . .

ebola

this is a great thread.

makes me want to go be a slave again.

Last edited:
I'm interested in this too, and wondered why there are the methylated cathinones, but only fluorinated amphetamines ...

Since specially the 3-MMC is a real hit for me (in doses lower than the usual ones, maybe 15-30mg a time make a perfect mood-lifting stimulant without the jittery body edge of usual stims/amphetamines), only that is lasts way too short. Used nasally I have to redose every 90 minutes or so (I've even prepared a nasal spray for that some day) and oral use does not work cause of first pass effect I guess, orally I feel much more of the methyl ephedrine metabolite building up and even small doses are uncomfortable.

So with even 3-FA and 3-FMA being very rare - don't know why, read that it's possible cardiotoxicity in another thread, but without source so it remains speculative. Have not had the opportunity to try either of them yet. - I'm really interested in 3-methylmethamphetamine ... at least a 3-MMC with the duration of 2-FMA would be great.

In Europe 4-methylamphetamine has actually been found as an impurity in amphetamine samples numerous times. Thanks to the beta-ketone cathinones are much easier metabolised than amphetamines, so a single dose of mephedrone doesn't put as much strain on you as 4-methylamphetamine might because the former is quickly cleared. One of the contributing factors to 4-chloroamphetamine's neurotoxicity may be its resistance towards metabolism. As ebola already posted in this thread, 4-methylamphetamine's neurotoxicity potential is likely to lie between MDMA and 4-chloroamphetamine. 3-methylamphetamine may be safer in this respect but I can imagine it's more dangerous for dopaminergic neurons.

Considering 4-methylmethamphetamine's relationship to both mephedrone and 4-MA, would all worries about 4-MA apply to that compound as well or are there things that actually bode well for it?
I understand if it's just too speculative to get into it but I'm curious if there is powerful information in its regard.

I have a sample of 4-MA but really rather wanna be abstinent and safe than sorry much like ebola? there ^ ^ ^