• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

4-MAR stereoisomers SAR

Hang on, man. Earlier you said:

So you'll roll the dice on some sketchy-ass "Dirty 30s" like a mofo, but when it comes to sneaking out a few chems you're all of a sudden citing your responsibilities as a family man? :LOL: … Live a little – nothing ventured; nothing gained. Just be confidant and smooth and have excuses already in mind, on deck, ready to go.

Yeah especially with that attitude, right? ;)

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate over here and (mostly) just messing with you. But at the same time, this kind of language only serves to prepare your nervous system to fail. Believe in yourself, whether its pinching university chems, changing career paths to seek better opportunities, or kicking off a new startup venture, envision your own success. Document the steps your take; mirror the behavior and patterns of those who have a similar success to what you seek, and speak kindly to yourself and about yourself.
UGH I first left community college thinking id be the world's biggest LSD vendor lol not joking I was growing weed at the time thinking I was the smartest person around. I first started as a Pych major and was just getting by at a CC level so not good lol. I quite school started working at a deli in a latino neighborhood and started selling weed that I was growing cause I said fuck it and read the Grow bible front to back, learning about light spectrums and how they affected the plant etc.. Anyway I've always been a fuck up and all of a sudden i started getting A's in chemistry, seemed to be easier then writing for me being dyslexic. After moving to a bigger university I decided i wouldnt look into things like PHIKAL and other clandestine books and take something of more interest to me, cancer research. I said it on another forum but I lost both my parents to cancer. My father before high school and my mother during my uni studies. I was an orphan at 22 and luckily got a job in bigpharma as a lab tech but i did much more, probably more like a scientist III but i was paid 17$ an hour, no joke with no health insurance. Contract chemistry should be a crime. Anyway this is where I did pre-clinical formulation and started really learning GLP and cGMP in a very cool research and development setting, I mostly did the development work then the research side. I then went to grad school and here I am in research with cancer, doing what I love.

Yes I agree rolling the dice with dirty 30's is much riskier then say if I were to make something. But unlike @Fertile, I understand how difficult it is to get these chemicals without raising suscipouin. @Fertile names some random precursor and says do this one step reaction and POOF you got it. LOL we both know that that precursor if you order it from sigma Aldrich is gonna be like 2K a fucking mg and thats if they have it. I also would then have to make most of these precursors and then purify and I guess test purity with TLC plate cause I don't have access to an NMR or at least not one I can use without someone asking questions. HPLC could do a separation but I would only be able to test my product if I knew where it would land and hopefully there would be no impurities just happening to overlap with my product. I would also need a STD top test against it.

Also gotta love how @Nurse Ratched shut down @Fertile. Sorry off topic. I like chemistry discussions but who the fuck is gonna order 4 x 4L bottles of ACN or MeOH etc and where is your root-vap and cold trap for work up and drying. We now have an NMR-MS to show structure and prove what I made is what I made? I would need all types of solvents each with different polarities to get my TLC to show if the reaction went through or not and if the molecules im synthesizing are UV active. Then after NMR-MS verification we could then do HPLC verification which would-be cheaper but you still need an NMR-MS, IR, and all the orgo spec goodies that come along with charactierizing and purify a chemical.

So yes withy attitude I would get caught and I have thought about it and yes I could do it, I know I could but for how long and at what risk. The pricing of any drug I would do wouldn't be worth the cost of proaction, sure it would be fun like growing a marjiahan plant, that gives you 3-4 oz dried on a good day and what did that take you, 1000W light, chemicals, flood and drain table, and all the other shit you need. so a 1/4 LB cost you like 4k cause of all the investments you make.

Prove me wrong, give me a good detailed lab that I can create with safe working conditions and what would I produce that would be worth while?

I just crushed an 80mg OC oxy in my mouth at the beginning of writing this and now its starting to kick in YEEEEEHAAAA baby

Hang on, man. Earlier you said:

So you'll roll the dice on some sketchy-ass "Dirty 30s" like a mofo, but when it comes to sneaking out a few chems you're all of a sudden citing your responsibilities as a family man? :LOL: … Live a little – nothing ventured; nothing gained. Just be confidant and smooth and have excuses already in mind, on deck, ready to go.

Yeah especially with that attitude, right? ;)

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate over here and (mostly) just messing with you. But at the same time, this kind of language only serves to prepare your nervous system to fail. Believe in yourself, whether its pinching university chems, changing career paths to seek better opportunities, or kicking off a new startup venture, envision your own success. Document the steps your take; mirror the behavior and patterns of those who have a similar success to what you seek, and speak kindly to yourself and about yourself.
see this the is the type of talk I'll have with someone who is smart, and will fuck with me in a joking matter. @Fertile, your a smart dude stop being a cocky asshole lol We all can learn from each other in a respectful way. I have read some of your forums and it seems that your a pain patient that has neurological issues and I am sorry that this has happened to you but making other people feel stupid or trying to doesn't make your pain go away.

UGH I first left community college thinking id be the world's biggest LSD vendor lol not joking I was growing weed at the time thinking I was the smartest person around. I first started as a Pych major and was just getting by at a CC level so not good lol. I quite school started working at a deli in a latino neighborhood and started selling weed that I was growing cause I said fuck it and read the Grow bible front to back, learning about light spectrums and how they affected the plant etc.. Anyway I've always been a fuck up and all of a sudden i started getting A's in chemistry, seemed to be easier then writing for me being dyslexic. After moving to a bigger university I decided i wouldnt look into things like PHIKAL and other clandestine books and take something of more interest to me, cancer research. I said it on another forum but I lost both my parents to cancer. My father before high school and my mother during my uni studies. I was an orphan at 22 and luckily got a job in bigpharma as a lab tech but i did much more, probably more like a scientist III but i was paid 17$ an hour, no joke with no health insurance. Contract chemistry should be a crime. Anyway this is where I did pre-clinical formulation and started really learning GLP and cGMP in a very cool research and development setting, I mostly did the development work then the research side. I then went to grad school and here I am in research with cancer, doing what I love.

Yes I agree rolling the dice with dirty 30's is much riskier then say if I were to make something. But unlike @Fertile, I understand how difficult it is to get these chemicals without raising suscipouin. @Fertile names some random precursor and says do this one step reaction and POOF you got it. LOL we both know that that precursor if you order it from sigma Aldrich is gonna be like 2K a fucking mg and thats if they have it. I also would then have to make most of these precursors and then purify and I guess test purity with TLC plate cause I don't have access to an NMR or at least not one I can use without someone asking questions. HPLC could do a separation but I would only be able to test my product if I knew where it would land and hopefully there would be no impurities just happening to overlap with my product. I would also need a STD top test against it.

Also gotta love how @Nurse Ratched shut down @Fertile. Sorry off topic. I like chemistry discussions but who the fuck is gonna order 4 x 4L bottles of ACN or MeOH etc and where is your root-vap and cold trap for work up and drying. We now have an NMR-MS to show structure and prove what I made is what I made? I would need all types of solvents each with different polarities to get my TLC to show if the reaction went through or not and if the molecules im synthesizing are UV active. Then after NMR-MS verification we could then do HPLC verification which would-be cheaper but you still need an NMR-MS, IR, and all the orgo spec goodies that come along with charactierizing and purify a chemical.

So yes withy attitude I would get caught and I have thought about it and yes I could do it, I know I could but for how long and at what risk. The pricing of any drug I would do wouldn't be worth the cost of proaction, sure it would be fun like growing a marjiahan plant, that gives you 3-4 oz dried on a good day and what did that take you, 1000W light, chemicals, flood and drain table, and all the other shit you need. so a 1/4 LB cost you like 4k cause of all the investments you make.

Prove me wrong, give me a good detailed lab that I can create with safe working conditions and what would I produce that would be worth while?

I just crushed an 80mg OC oxy in my mouth at the beginning of writing this and now its starting to kick in YEEEEEHAAAA baby

I do have methods of sourcing that don't include opening a copy of the Sigma-Aldrich catalogue and making an order. You would be amazed what chemicals have niche uses and keeping track of them is a big job, If something is hard to obtain, I say so, but anything I KNOW is for sale somewhere without one needing to be an educational establishment or research institute I will state as available. But giving specific sources would render them useless as social engineering is part of the process.

But China is an excellent place to obtain MANY things. EVERYTHING is available at a price, but more reasonably they will mis-label 'sensitive' items. It's not always a good thing - https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20000315-0

Above is an example. A Chinese company sold 2 tonnes of oxalyl chloride, labelled it as a non-toxic powder and a spill caused a hull loss. THAT is the scale of how Chinese suppliers mis-label stuff.

I could go on, but it would be termed 'sourcing;. I've always thought that sharing a synthesis isn't REALLY an issue because without a source, it's useless, but take a look at just what is on offer from India and China. Some other nations are also interesting because nobody THINKS they could be a source.

I do have methods of sourcing that don't include opening a copy of the Sigma-Aldrich catalogue and making an order. You would be amazed what chemicals have niche uses and keeping track of them is a big job, If something is hard to obtain, I say so, but anything I KNOW is for sale somewhere without one needing to be an educational establishment or research institute I will state as available. But giving specific sources would render them useless as social engineering is part of the process.

But China is an excellent place to obtain MANY things. EVERYTHING is available at a price, but more reasonably they will mis-label 'sensitive' items. It's not always a good thing - https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=20000315-0

Above is an example. A Chinese company sold 2 tonnes of oxalyl chloride, labelled it as a non-toxic powder and a spill caused a hull loss. THAT is the scale of how Chinese suppliers mis-label stuff.

I could go on, but it would be termed 'sourcing;. I've always thought that sharing a synthesis isn't REALLY an issue because without a source, it's useless, but take a look at just what is on offer from India and China. Some other nations are also interesting because nobody THINKS they could be a source.
I humbly respect you and your knowledge cause we talk the same language, chemistry. I do believe you could do it but I don't have the time and willingness to venture where you go. Plus you're in the UK so I would think it's a bit different?

Hypothetically if I wanted to produce something, what would be cost effective? this is why breaking bad made no sense to me as he could have produced something worth more then 100 a gram meth lol

Also my current Job involves radiation so I already am on some lists and have applied to jobs that require Q security clearances which is a USA thing for working as a radiochemist for the feds.

I mean MDMA is fucking easy to make from safrole and the synthesis is well known. But getting the sassafras oil is the difficult part. I remember reading that the mafia in Italy or some European country had a farm of sassafras trees that they were using to make the X.
Glad your off ban

I've SEEN a lab that handled radioactive materials and the very way in which it worked spooked me. It draws air IN so that nothing can leak out so in the event of an accident, you might be stuck in there.

I do hope it's modern. Some of the early places were deathtraps. I mean, using UO2(NO3)2·n H2O in solution! So many criticality accidents. Also a lot of the metals are pyrophoric, some spall due to alpha decay, many are highly toxic, far too many are ALL of these things.

The Tokaimura Criticality Accident in 1999 shows safety has not been addressed.

I would want to know what I was handling. Maybe it's a trace solution of a 233U salt.... maybe it's got ?1Kg/l. The easy way to find out is also the fatal way.

So rather you than me.

But I will give 1 example. Piperidine is a watched precursor.... so the Chinese label it as N-methyl pyrrolidine (a common solvent). POSSIBLE to identify... but it's not a crime to take delivery, it's only a crime to SEND it.

But best to go with things not listed as cat 1 or cat 2 precursors. Easily done. Acetic anhydride is controlled. Propanoic anhydride is controlled. Acetyl Propanoyl anhydride is NOT controlled. Get the picture... It's not clever chemistry, it's just application of simple chemistry.

But around the Andes and the Golden Triangle/Crescent - the cost of supposedly controlled compounds hasn't increased price or decreased availability.

I remember a DEA officer saying how they had controlled diethyl ether and were controlling it's homologues... finally laughing that methyl tert butyl ether would be 'their last option'. It turned out that their was a documented route that didn't use an ether and solvent management meant that 90% less diethyl ether was used IF the producer stuck to a route using it...

There is always a way around these things...``````

I mean MDMA is fucking easy to make from safrole and the synthesis is well known. But getting the sassafras oil is the difficult part. I remember reading that the mafia in Italy or some European country had a farm of sassafras trees that they were using to make the X.
Glad your off ban

Check out 'oxidative amination' which is 3,4-MD allylbenzene to MDMA in 1 step.

I've SEEN a lab that handled radioactive materials and the very way in which it worked spooked me. It draws air IN so that nothing can leak out so in the event of an accident, you might be stuck in there.

I do hope it's modern. Some of the early places were deathtraps. I mean, using UO2(NO3)2·n H2O in solution! So many criticality accidents. Also a lot of the metals are pyrophoric, some spall due to alpha decay, many are highly toxic, far too many are ALL of these things.

I would want to know what I was handling. Maybe it's a trace solution of a 233U salt.... maybe it's got ?1Kg/l. The easy way to find out is also the fatal way.

So rather you than me.

But I will give 1 example. Piperidine is a watched precursor.... so the Chinese label it as N-methyl pyrrolidine (a common solvent). POSSIBLE to identify... but it's not a crime to take delivery, it's only a crime to SEND it.

But best to go with things not listed as cat 1 or cat 2 precursors. Easily done. Acetic anhydride is controlled. Propanoic anhydride is controlled. Acetyl Propanoyl anhydride is NOT controlled. Get the picture... It's not clever chemistry, it's just application of simple chemistry.

But around the Andes and the Golden Triangle/Crescent - the cost of supposedly controlled compounds hasn't increased price or decreased availability.

I remember a DEA officer saying how they had controlled diethyl ether and were controlling it's homologues... finally laughing that methyl tert butyl ether would be 'their last option'. It turned out that their was a documented route that didn't use an ether and solvent management meant that 90% less diethyl ether was used IF the producer stuck to a route using it...

Last edited:

So rather you than me.

Last edited:
you don't get checked - if a supplier is suspicious, they contact the authorities. Hence social engineering being key. Order $10,000 of say cobalt hexachloride and nobody will flag you....

Nuclear medicine. Those short-lived isotopes are hell to work on. I know Glenn T. Seaborg was the genius in finding the inorganic chemistry of tiny samples of unstable elements.

You would like working for Thomas M. Klapötke who still has all of his limbs - which is impressive considering what he does.

But the US sees idiots taking his papers and trying to make the 'energetic materials' and many injuries and deaths result. In the UK the anti-terrorism unit would have got them.

Things like ethyl perchlorate, azidoazide azide, pentazole and soon. The kind of things that explode in solution, in a dark room when one tries to take the IR spectrum.... must be a laugh a minute ;-)

But being fair, he also came up with FOX-7, an insensitive explosive with a detonation velocity and brisance to match traditional HEs. I believe the US is using it in all of their reliable replacement warhead program....

Because you are at that level.

you don't get checked - if a supplier is suspicious, they contact the authorities. Hence social engineering being key. Order $10,000 of say cobalt hexachloride and nobody will flag you....

Nuclear medicine. Those short-lived isotopes are hell to work on. I know Glenn T. Seaborg was the genius in finding the inorganic chemistry of tiny samples of unstable elements.

You would like working for Thomas M. Klapötke who still has all of his limbs - which is impressive considering what he does.

But the US sees idiots taking his papers and trying to make the 'energetic materials' and many injuries and deaths result. In the UK the anti-terrorism unit would have got them.

Things like ethyl perchlorate, azidoazide azide, pentazole and soon. The kind of things that explode in solution, in a dark room when one tries to take the IR spectrum.... must be a laugh a minute ;-)

But being fair, he also came up with FOX-7, an insensitive explosive with a detonation velocity and brisance to match traditional HEs. I believe the US is using it in all of their reliable replacement warhead program....

Because you are at that level.
Yea thats my field nuclear meds lol its tricky. It adds a whole different level to how we have to synthesis and purify/work-up our products. radiochemist have a really good knowledge of all aspects of chemistry but I don't specilize in really anything except for the radiation portion and understanding that. Like I know some organic chemistry but not to the level you know it. I have to know a lot of analytical as I have to charaztize and QC all the products being labeled. Thats why I so highly respect orgo and biochem guys like yourself cause I may know a lot about a bunch of stuff, organic inorganic, analytical, etc but if we start taking reactions and pharmacokinetics and pharmacology, you probably blow me out of the water with knowledge.

So are you an instrumental chemist? Do you do all of the GC-MS/NMR and soon?

Because good instrumentalists are really sought after, you know.

Yes I do a lot of instrumental analysis. TON of NMR GC-MS, HPLC, Radio-TLC work. I also do some organic but its moistly one, two step reaction that I work with other scientists to optimize the reactions. I was told that if you can operate an HPLC, you'll always have a job. I just wish I knew more organic reactions. In grad school that was what I TA'd and taught. But undergrad orgo is nothing compared to real organic chemists.

Oops, yeah my bad. It's a β-hydroxy-amphetamine whilst cathinone is a β-ketone-amphetamine. However, I believe it's norephedrine that you want for this (this.(target) = the specifically unscheduled trans-4-MAR enantiomer), not norpseudoephedrine, at least according to the original post I referred to earlier, and presented here for convenience: https://chemistry.mdma.ch/hiveboard/novel/000458588.html

That's it, plus of course some HCl acid (but that's pretty much a given), and appropriate vessels – though I'm sure some significant skimping could occur here without incident.

They all who? Hive "bees" from circa 2004-ish? I hadn't heard that but I've long suspected 4-MAR is cardiotoxic. Also, I wouldn't plan on using it ceaselessly nonstop for days on end, nor would I recommend that to others.

So you're saying the "ecstasy form of aminorex"—if you will, i.e., Aminorex w/a 3,4-methylenedioxy ring substitution on it—has no 5-HT2B serotonin receptor subtype affinity and is also not a monoamine oxidase inhibitor, and neither is Aminorex? However, 4-MAR meanwhile is indeed an MAOI, and that all of this has been confirmed by Dr. David Nichols?

I wonder what would happen if, whilst high on 4-MAR, a healthy person took a ~30 mg blast of DMT freebase crystal… Or even: I wonder if it would be possible to have an ayahuasca-type experience by combining 4-MAR and orally ingested DMT ? ? ?
If you had norspeudoephedrine, anyone money (as opposed to research) orientated would probably go for the psuedoephedrine -> d-meth reaction, to produce dexamphetamine from norpseudoephedrine.

If you had norspeudoephedrine, anyone money (as opposed to research) orientated would probably go for the psuedoephedrine -> d-meth reaction, to produce dexamphetamine from norpseudoephedrine.

The akabori seems like it might be a cheap relatively easy way to get there.

-GC

A mixture of the appropriate amino-alcohol is most readily produced by reacting benzaldehyde with nitromethane in the presence of NaOH @ RT. That produces the nitro-alcohol which can readily be reduced to the amino-alcohol. After all, 100,000 tonnes of nitroethane are produced each year.

BUT it is theoretically a controlled precursor which is why plain aminorex has an advantage as a target,

Benzaldehyde (or p-Me, m-Me ,p-F or 3,4-MD benzaldehyde) + nitromethane reacted under the same conditions produces the 2-carbon nitro-alcohol. Reduce the nitro-alcohol to the aminoalcohol and since no trans/cis isomerism exists, 100% of it can (theoretically) be converted to the appropriate aminorex.

We ended up using BrCN. We tried KOCN and the product was a substituted urea thus:

Now, I remain convinced that it is possible to dehydrate the substituted urea which would mean an extra step BUT would avoid the need to use BrCN and believe me, it's a reagent well worth avoiding.

I always provided 2 facile routes and so as an alternative to the nitro-alcohol route, I also included a route which entailed the formation of a bisulfite adduct of the benzaldehyde. Reaction with NaCN followed by reduction also leads to the amino-alvohol.

But if someone can find a simple way of dehydrating that urea, THAT would undoubtedly be the best route of all. No controlled precursors, no toxic precursors. IF the dehydration is REALLY simple, it would be possible to have someone produce it so that only 1 step would be required.

Oh, and piperonal can be obtained from sodium (2H-1,3-benzodioxol-5-yl)(hydroxy)methanesulfonate... the bisulfite complex of piperonal (CAS 37589-10-9).

I haven't provided conditions, sources, solvents or any of the details one would need. I cannot believe that anyone with the ability to produce (ring-substituted) aminorex would have any difficulty in finding the appropriate patent which contains all of these details. In short, there is nothing here that isn't also detailed in multiple places on the internet.

If I went on to detail the details, THEN it would be an issue, but as it stands, I'm just highlighting what is known and what is not known. I haven't bothered to find out how one dehydrates the urea, but I am pretty sure that it's a known reaction.

Mixtures are not elegant. I knew p-F 4MAR had been made and tested to we very slowly tried placing groups at the para and meta positions. I just cannot believe that we ALL missed 3,4-MD aminorex.

US Patent 3161650A '2-amino-5-aryloxazoline products' EXAMPLE XVIII

Is specifically 3,4-methylenedioxyaminorex - the one that long, long ago you were cautiously optimistic in being a decent entactogen. Well, it would appear to be the case that you were quite right.

As you know, I had p-Me aminorex & m-Me aminorex produced. Now the latter is a pretty straight stimulant much like aminorex but the KEY is that it's duration is 4-6 hours and when it ends.... it ENDS. None of that 'oh thank goodness it's ended... oh NO, it hasn't' but END, But the p-Me alone was very subtle. Nice but identical to Serotonia (p,-4-dimethylaminorex) which is no surprise. But if you take 80mg of p-Me aminorex + 40mg of m-Me aminorex... it was like MDMA. MDMA on steroids, in fact.

I also found this:

US Patent 3115494A 2-amino-5, 6-dihydro-4ii-1, 3-oxazines and a process for their preparation

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the above is a class related to the aminorex series but with a 6-membered ring. What is interesting is that their are examples with 3,4,5-trimethoxy (à la mescaline derivatives. I admit I haven't read it too closely but the class isn't controlled and while we know that the aminorex has 5HT2a affinity (thus chronic use produces pulmonary hypertension in 4% of patients. Apiquel (aminorex) was used as an anoretic in West Germany and it killed several hundred unfortunate people - the damage caused after just 28 days of 5mg aminorex fulmarate daily.

We specifically wanted an entactogen because people do not use them daily or multiple times a day as they do with stimulants. I seriously doubt people would take 3,4-methylenedioxy aminorex (MDAR) daily. I mean, don't entactogens stop working after just a few days?