View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-HO-EiPT/PiPT/MPT + EiPT PiPT

nofx1422

Bluelighter
Anyone have info on these? I know theyll be making the rounds soon, along with 4-AcO-HO-dpt

5-meo-eipt was around for a short time, but little info is available on any of the substances you mentioned beyond a tihkal entry for 4-ho-mpt.

There is a PIPT thread here somewhere.

4-ho-pipt sounds the most promising of the bunch...

4-subs are almost always the most promising, but PiPT is still the one that really catches my eye.

All that N-alkyl chain elongation in tryptamines is an obvious dead end, and have always been. That propyl isopropyl most likely is an outstanding rubbish, barely promising something different from making you stoned and sick, with all the psychedelic activity reduction of isopropyl and all dysphoria and physyological disasters of propyl. And it doesn't really matter what it is, 4-hydroxy, 5-methoxy, or any other way round. :)

I'm extremely interesting in EiPT and MPT! :D

as the following were winners in my book: DPT, DiPT, MET, DMT.

i just remembered that shulgin hated EiPT and thought it was dysphoric, MPT will certainly be interesting though a truly new compound! (or almost)

there are actually reports of MPT, they were active in the 80-100mg range orally iirc (don't take my word for that though stoner here lol :D).

quite erotic iirc

really, for a psychedelic to even be sexually neutral is a feat for me. LSD is the only psychedelic that makes me want to have sex, well LSD and 2C-B, and i remember wondering what an orgasm would sound like on DiPT but thats about it...

in the EiPT entry shulgin wonders what it would be like to vomit and haver sex at the same time:) what a card!

lmao

throw some salt at shulgin's comments

err take it with a pinch off your loaf? err, you know what I mean :D

^^ hahaha I read that in pihkal, it sounded a little interesting, so I guess someone decided to get it made ;)

^what would suggest if you were getting a custom synth?

I want to see some more 7-methyl and 2-methyl tryptamines. In particuar, 7-methyl-MET catches my eye.

7-methyl substitution quadrupled AET's binding to the serotonin transporter, making it a much more potent serotonin releaser. Unfortunately, it was also a potent MAOI. Adding an N-ethyl or a 2-methyl substitution seems to block the degradation of tryptamines by MAO, and so should also prevent MAO inhibition.

Adding a carboxamide to one of the alkyl chains is also an interesting idea; it worked pretty well in LSD.

has anyone actually tried 4-HO-MPT ? A popular vendor has it in stock, but there is no experience reports that i can find anywhere, nor an erowid entry.

Last edited:
Yea, looks like the main effect is vertigo. Shit I have enough of that on nothing, haha! Sounds like a blast, man. Thumbs down.

A 4-ho-mpt report:

10mg (freebase)
In an hour, perhaps an hour and a half, plant's peak effects were encountered. The freebase makes the 10mg go a lot farther. There is no vertigo what so ever (The tihkal entry altogether is a very poor representation). A very peaceful experience follows through. Very unique to itself. Not pushy at all. It was of very noticable intensity. Plants were enjoying the silence very much. Music was on sometimes, but they would forget that they were listening to it, due to their train of thought. OEV and CEV both present. The OEV being very active in their manners, with some brilliant colors. Bodies was filled with a psychedelic energy, but were very relaxed. They were content in their ways, not thinking of their bodies much. It was easy for them to get lost in the substance. They are very interested in trying this compound further. They can already tell it contains depth of which they want to dwell deeper.

Total duration:
To come up 30-90min
Peak effects around 2 hours
Diminishing effects remaining 2 hours

Last edited:
I'm surprised all possibilities of these haven't been made/sold yet... with all the kilos being pumped out of China these days...

^I think MPT might be one left over from TIKHAL that could be quite active. Shulgin had this to say:
The isomer of MIPT with a considerably less bunched up propyl group, N-methyl-N-propyltryptamine or MPT. This was made via the amide from indoleglyoxyl chloride and methylpropylamine, and reduction with LAH. MS (in m/z): C5H12N+ 86 (100%); indolemethylene+ 130 (8%); parent ion 216 (1%). Several human trials, up to twenty milligrams orally, showed no effects of any kind, so the activity, if there is any, is definitely less than that of MIPT.
The fact that there was no activity at 20mg orally is not surprising since DPT isn't active at that amount either. I'd bet it would be active at that amount if IMed or insufflated, though, with recreational doses probably about in line with DPT or higher if the dose differences for DET and MET are a good model.

IIRC 4-HO-MPT is hard to make for some reason.

Consider we take 4-HO-DMT as the classical starting point that needs no introduction and going to 4-HO-MET from there, which is of course very popular and IMO a very good substance. You can go to 4-HO-DET or 4-HO-MPT from there if you add a methylene to one of the N-substitutions. Apparently 4-HO-DET can be pretty okay but opinions do vary. I can see how 4-HO-MPT is worth exploring and I was sorry to miss out on it. Have seen it before but I'm selective in what I collect considering that I still have much to bioassay.

I have no idea about PiPT but I am intrigued because I can't see the middle ground between DPT and DiPT.

About EiPT and analogues, there has been some 5-MeO-EiPT being reported on but it is very possible to guy who got it and planned on taking it didn't follow up on it. Or maybe he did...

Either way, are you aware of the Psychedelic Index which has links for most of these compounds? Unfortunately there is not a whole lot in most centralized threads but that is still the most practical way to check about where we stand on it. I can create the missing EiPT thread if you like, but it may not have a point if it is unexplored.