• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines 4-AcO vs 4-HO Compound Effect Differences v. Settling the Eternal 4-sub Tryptamine Debate

I've been researching(googling) 4-ho and 4-aco MET and trying to read as many anecdotes as possible.
Now what is interesting is you will find that 4-aco is hydrolyzed by enzymes present throughout the bloodstream and body. When a person injects a 4-aco tryptamine, they feel it "immediately". Now there is also evidence that some drugs are hydrolyzed in the bloodstream after IV injection, before the drug has a chance to reach tissue.
If you read 100 anecdotes on each compound, 4-aco/4-ho MET, you'll find that people find differences, have IV injected both and felt differences, and of course people aren't just deluding themselves. There is no reason to believe that just because 4-aco hydrolyzes in the stomach does not mean that it doesn't feel different.
In other words, these compounds differ in their effects somewhat. You cannot deny countless anecdotes especially when IV administration is taken into consideration.
I really don't understand why there are these ideas about various compounds like 1p-lsd vs 1cp-lsd vs lsd or 4-aco-dmt vs 4-ho-dmt vs 4-ph-dmt vs 4-pro-dmt all being completely equivalent. They simply aren't equivalents, they do have different uptakes, absorptions, and bioavailabilities. They are different molecules and even different batches of 3-meo-pcp or MXE or FXE or 3fpm feel different. It just irks me that there are so many comments from "rigid" thinkers who explain why 4-aco-dmt is exactly like mushrooms. They do not feel identical at all. And a cube feels completely different than an azure... sheesh!

I've been researching(googling) 4-ho and 4-aco MET and trying to read as many anecdotes as possible.
Now what is interesting is you will find that 4-aco is hydrolyzed by enzymes present throughout the bloodstream and body. When a person injects a 4-aco tryptamine, they feel it "immediately". Now there is also evidence that some drugs are hydrolyzed in the bloodstream after IV injection, before the drug has a chance to reach tissue.
If you read 100 anecdotes on each compound, 4-aco/4-ho MET, you'll find that people find differences, have IV injected both and felt differences, and of course people aren't just deluding themselves. There is no reason to believe that just because 4-aco hydrolyzes in the stomach does not mean that it doesn't feel different.
In other words, these compounds differ in their effects somewhat. You cannot deny countless anecdotes especially when IV administration is taken into consideration.
I really don't understand why there are these ideas about various compounds like 1p-lsd vs 1cp-lsd vs lsd or 4-aco-dmt vs 4-ho-dmt vs 4-ph-dmt vs 4-pro-dmt all being completely equivalent. They simply aren't equivalents, they do have different uptakes, absorptions, and bioavailabilities. They are different molecules and even different batches of 3-meo-pcp or MXE or FXE or 3fpm feel different. It just irks me that there are so many comments from "rigid" thinkers who explain why 4-aco-dmt is exactly like mushrooms. They do not feel identical at all. And a cube feels completely different than an azure... sheesh!
What is subjective experience, placebo and expectation? Why are people in the psychedelic community of all places so rigid hardliners and clockwork-universe reductionists when it comes to pharmacology? You say that different batches of the same drug differ, have you ever considered that same batches of a drug can differ widely. There is absolutely zero reason to assume that 4-AcO and 4-HO tryptamines differ at all. Finding a trip on one different than a trip on the other is irrelevant, since each trip always varies from the next.

Don't we just don't know either way really?

Or is it some super obvious thing to any seasoned biochemist?

Of the ones I've tried both the -HO and -ACO (-DPT/-MET/-DMT) I don't think I'd be able to tell the difference.