• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos 3 month Xanax

Bluelighter
Been awhile BL. Happy to report been clean from opiates since I last posted in March. But… I was prescribed 1mg Xanax a day for underlying anxiety. I know the drill with benzos and I feel I thread the needle too far at 3 months Using benzos that long. Gonna bail and just be pill free Before too much damage. Anyone have an idea how bad it will be? Im ready for the insomnia and anxiety. I’m gonna taper the next 2 weeks to soften the blow. Oh. Never been addicted or abused them before Just used them for sleep. Actually hate they way they make me feel. I know the deal with prottracted wd. Any help would be great. Oh I’ll do supplements but I’m done getting scripts from these “Doctors”.

No man. 3 months is not that long and 1mg it's dose very small imo. At least here I have read stories of people taking benzos for years on a daily basis or Xanax in doses over 6mg. That would be pure hell. If I were you, maybe I would switch to a longer half-life benzo (diazepam?) And take pregabalin, which really helps in these cases.

No man. 3 months is not that long and 1mg it's dose very small imo. At least here I have read stories of people taking benzos for years on a daily basis or Xanax in doses over 6mg. That would be pure hell. If I were you, maybe I would switch to a longer half-life benzo (diazepam?) And take pregabalin, which really helps in these cases.
I was wondering something similar. Do i have to worry about withdrawals taking low doses of etizolam semi daily?

thnx Is pregabalin a prescription? I did a 2 week clean run 2 months ago and just had the Benzo belly. I just know benzos mess you up good long term. Some days I’d do just .5 others I’d 2 mg but never went crazy. I do sweat and muscle fatigue after 24hr without so I’m nervous to go further. I just have heard the hell of benzos and want nothing to do it with it after kicking a 400mg oxy a day habit. I have some ambien, CBD, GABA, kava, L theanin as back up. Don’t smoke weed. And I’ve heard booze can’t supplement the withdrawals since it’s a GABA. Not a drinker though. Been a long road with opiates and I’m finally over them, for now god willing. tThis drug game is Just a self made prison and ive finally seen the light what sober life is….so much better being present. I just hate not being able to sleep. Oh and does kratom help. Being a former opiate addict I can handle about 3 or 4 days before I cut that out. All about harm reduction but I’ll never mess with real opiates again.

I was wondering something similar. Do i have to worry about withdrawals taking low doses of etizolam semi daily?

Semi-daily and for how long? I think the best thing (if it is not that long the consumption) is to do, as @BenzoBrain^^ says, try a day without the benzo and see what symptoms it causes you. But like I said, Pregabalin is a real blessing for benzos withdrawal. It really help.

Can we get Pregabalin OTC or online? And does the GABA supplement help or make worse. Same with booze? New territory. I’m just terrified of benzos.

thnx Is pregabalin a prescription? I did a 2 week clean run 2 months ago and just had the Benzo belly. I just know benzos mess you up good long term. Some days I’d do just .5 others I’d 2 mg but never went crazy. I do sweat and muscle fatigue after 24hr without so I’m nervous to go further. I just have heard the hell of benzos and want nothing to do it with it after kicking a 400mg oxy a day habit. I have some ambien, CBD, GABA, kava, L theanin as back up. Don’t smoke weed. And I’ve heard booze can’t supplement the withdrawals since it’s a GABA. Not a drinker though. Been a long road with opiates and I’m finally over them, for now god willing. tThis drug game is Just a self made prison and ive finally seen the light what sober life is….so much better being present. I just hate not being able to sleep. Oh and does kratom help. Being a former opiate addict I can handle about 3 or 4 days before I cut that out. All about harm reduction but I’ll never mess with real opiates again.

I think in the US it is with a prescription. Although I imagine that a GP could easily prescribe it if you explain the problem. And congratulations on finally seeing the light!

Just keep strong bro!!!

@311 And about alcohol, I'm really not sure. Perhaps a taper can be made with low doses of alcohol. Although I would prefer to do it with the same Xanax or Diazepam.

Thnx. Honestly this sight saved me. So much better than AA/NA. Real people with real failures and triumphs. It’s so hard. But once you get away from all the junk for awhile you realize how it’s endless shell game. Don’t get me wrong. I love opiates, but being present and facing life the old fashioned way is so much better. It will be a life long journey. But it can be done. It must done

Semi-daily and for how long? I think the best thing (if it is not that long the consumption) is to do, as @BenzoBrain^^ says, try a day without the benzo and see what symptoms it causes you. But like I said, Pregabalin is a real blessing for benzos withdrawal. It really help.
it's been about 1-2 months now but i feel fine if i stop taking it but i just get urges to dose because i deal with pretty bad anxiety. i don't want to come off now but i don't want to get to the point where i need 2mg to feel anything either.

And it’s strange. I had a couple slips with oxy but I’d take a Xanax the next day and it just wipes out the opioid craving and then I’m uninetested in opiates for weeks. But I could be playing with fire. I just wanna be clean for good.

Been awhile BL. Happy to report been clean from opiates since I last posted in March. But… I was prescribed 1mg Xanax a day for underlying anxiety. I know the drill with benzos and I feel I thread the needle too far at 3 months Using benzos that long. Gonna bail and just be pill free Before too much damage. Anyone have an idea how bad it will be? Im ready for the insomnia and anxiety. I’m gonna taper the next 2 weeks to soften the blow. Oh. Never been addicted or abused them before Just used them for sleep. Actually hate they way they make me feel. I know the deal with prottracted wd. Any help would be great. Oh I’ll do supplements but I’m done getting scripts from these “Doctors”.
Taper as slow as you can. I cut Xanax cold turkey after three months and had about 4 months of hell following that.

Long story short a fake batch forced me to come off cold turkey early April this year. It led to multiple hospital trips including one that was involuntary thanks to my psychiatrist and the police
What on earth happened?

I'm coming fast off from on off binges of clonazepam, stopped suddenly, short ish big daily binges of midazolam as its so short acting 1-2 hours I kept redosing, so stopped suddenly, and now valium all because I stopped zopiclone weeks ago and moved back onto benzos to get off zopiclone

Story of my fucking life with anxiety insomnia, and on off depression fibromyalgia and no meds off doctors

The sooner you get benzos out of your system the better

That's what I want but I don't want to feel like this and know it gets worse and I end up back on them so people say slow taper, I want off ASAP

This drug game is Just a self made prison and ive finally seen the light what sober life is….so much better being present

And me, tottaly understand, I'm not a drinker either, I'm going to try cbd again, I'm even thinking of going back on opioids to get off benzos

i just get urges to dose because i deal with pretty bad anxiety

Same and my depression comes back and insomnia so I give up and go back on benzos, I've had enough of this shit

Sorry if asked questions in your thread but I am sat here on off crying right now and can't have the brain power to create a thread @311

What on earth happened?

I'm coming fast off from on off binges of clonazepam, stopped suddenly, short ish big daily binges of midazolam as its so short acting 1-2 hours I kept redosing, so stopped suddenly, and now valium all because I stopped zopiclone weeks ago and moved back onto benzos to get off zopiclone

Story of my fucking life with anxiety insomnia, and on off depression fibromyalgia and no meds off doctors

That's what I want but I don't want to feel like this and know it gets worse and I end up back on them so people say slow taper, I want off ASAP

And me, tottaly understand, I'm not a drinker either, I'm going to try cbd again, I'm even thinking of going back on opioids to get off benzos

Same and my depression comes back and insomnia so I give up and go back on benzos, I've had enough of this shit

Sorry if asked questions in your thread but I am sat here on off crying right now and can't have the brain power to create a thread @311
Opiates can, and do cause/exacerbate depression. So I'd recommend staying off the Opiates.

Your only real option is to use Diazepam and taper slowly.

Seems like a lose-lose situation.. But I'd still recommend using Diazepam to taper safely

I know I feel stuck, CBD is my only thing I'm going to try to help taper but the expensive stuff as spent so much on all different kinds of CBD sweets, weed, tinctures, chocolate, drinks, chewing gum, all sorts and the only one that helped, was one we get on UK called daiba

I know I feel stuck, CBD is my only thing I'm going to try to help taper but the expensive stuff as spent so much on all different kinds of CBD sweets, weed, tinctures, chocolate, drinks, chewing gum, all sorts and the only one that helped, was one we get on UK called daiba
CBD won't protect you from all benzo withdrawal symptoms.

I'm also in the UK..