• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3-Fluoromethcathinone (3-FMC)

Okay, so I'm liking organic shroom's logic. So given that methcathinone acts primarily as a releaser, a la its 'parent' methamphetamine, and given that 3-fluoro-amphetamine acts decidedly clearly as a releaser, not a reuptake inhibitor, does it follow that 3fmc 'should' act primarily as a releaser rather than a reuptake inhibitor?

My vested interest: the vast majority of these RC stims appear to act primarily as reuptake-inhibitors, and my brain VASTLY prefers releasers.

ebola

I have not had experience with the experience of (meth)amphetmine tolerence so I can't subjectively compare. But with 3-FMC I hit a very abrupt tolerence, as I do with other cathinones and even mdma.

My feeling about 3-FMC is that because of it's short duration of euphoria and intense proloundged stimulation, it would not be a suitable partner for MDAI. I felt a noticable drop in euphoria only 45mins into the peak of a 3-fmc (nasally) + mdai (orally) combo.

You who are experienced with both methcathinone and it's 3-fluoro analogue how different do they feel to each other? Which one feels "cleaner" and is there difference the duration of the high and does the rush feel diffeerent when IVed and such?

I surely miss the "old favorites."

It seems like everybody now is having to turn to research chemicals, pharmaceuticals, or cacti and root bark extractions, and I'm not completely comfortable with any of those routes personally.

It's funny that you mention that. Seems like I've been living on RC's and old school root/leaf/cacti extracts for years....

I was quite surprised by this. Sniffed an initial dose of 50mg, tastes a lot like m'drone - quite fizzy. Had better results bombing 100mg every hour or so. Certainly not a blow-you-away euphoria but definitely a good lift. Noticed a chatty stimulation and a bit of a 'wobble'. However there was a bit of a move into the sketchy,cannot sit still territory which I took 2mg lorazepam for.

Also taking: venlafaxine, agomelatine and clonazepam

If you ask me drugs like these including mephedrone only exist and became popular due to legal status. The gimmick was "legal ecstasy" Of course it wasn't as good as real mdma, but because it was legal and there (by coincidence???) was an mdma shortage, It became very popular. Due to the boom in sales many small operations were able to make allot of money totally legit. These small operations now have enough money to invest in bigger operations and try to find and synthesize the next mdma legal equivilant. If you ask me the whole thing is a ridiculous can of worms that has now been opened, and is going to cause health problems to large numbers of people. If you ask me this whole thing is caused by the old fashioned laws on drugs. The sooner our governments realise people are going to get fucked whatever, and just stop wasting everyone's time and tax money on the futile war. which is not only losing, but having the reverse desired effect on the people its supposed to protect.

I suppose it's possible they could discover something even better and safer than mdma though? But who wants to be the Guinea pig.

I suppose it's possible they could discover something even better and safer than mdma though?

I firmly belive that within a decade, and likely even sooner, MDMA will have been obsoleted. Not by a fucking cathinone though. (imo, there are two kinds of cathinones - worse, and worser)

Maybe they'll find a way to make something based on the amino-indane or amino-tetralin or (aminomethyl)-indane (like the jimescaline skeleton)... or maybe it'll be 4-desoxy-mdma (n-methyl-6-APDB), or the aromatic analog of that, maybe it'll be something based on aMT... but we'll have a better empathogen within the next decade.

But who wants to be the Guinea pig.

ooh ooh! pick me!

Last edited:
But who wants to be the Guinea pig.

If you ask me there's no trouble of anykind in finding human guinea pigs.

Think about what's happened in the RC scene in the past few months. The dodgy vendors are now doing their best to exploit the RC boom followed by the popularity of mephedrone/methylone etc.

Best example are the recently launched energy/nrg (1,2 & 3)products. No one really knows what these powders contain but people keep buying them like crazy anyways.

To me it seems like vendors have created a new generation of young people who are enthusiastic to be test pilots for anything that causes intoxication.

These companies now have the funds and the willpower to keep going. I don't think they will ever have a problem finding guinea pigs either though. It's just you can't expect the masses to have the knowledge to use these things responsibly if that's even possible at all with a new substance?

So far almost no one contributing to this thread had actual experience with the substance. So I thought I put in my two cents. This is, by the way, my first post here.

I was made aware of 3-FMC by a trip report at another drug related message board. The Guy over there tested a concoction sold in smart shops under the brand name charge+. 3-FMC was supposed to be the active ingredient in this stuff. He insufflated a few grams of it during the course of a week and was pleased with the effects. Allthough he had to concede that psychological dependance developed quickly.
This prompted me to order the pure substance. I have tasted it about half a dozen times. I ingested between 80mg-130mg per dosage always disolved in water.

The main effects manifest themeselves after about 30-40 minutes and last for 3-4 hours. After that a residual stimulation is perceptible for a few hours. Redosing works very well. Three doses in the range indicated above should carry You through a day.

3-FMC is often described as a clean stimulant. This is almost true. It is clearly a stimulant. It eliminates fatigue and exhaustion, gives energy and creates mental alertness. Interestingly the mind is in a very calm state during this.

But it is not entirely transparent. Especially in the first 2 hours I experienced some mood-lift and a sense of increased confidence. This is a subtle effect compared with other stimulants but it's there.
3-FMC raises my blood pressure, but only moderately so, my heart rate seems to be almost normal. Body temperature is raised somewhat under the influence and You can expect sweaty hands. Overall, those side effects are considerably softer than high doses of caffeine or ephedra -my points of reference concerning this substance.

It's not a party drug, there is no euphoria or rush to it. It is effective as a study/work aid and maybe a social enhancer. Sex drive seems to be diminished.

I noticed a weird aftereffect. Dreams become more vivid, and I remember them more easily after 3-FMC use. I did not notice any addictive properties, but I haven't used it extensively enough. There is no immediate urge to redose though.

Is it safe to say that building on the 4 position would be more likely to produce a 'magical' substance?

Not if that 4 posistion is on a cathinone.

This is not exactly true. For me mephedrone is quite magical and it's just 4-methyl methcathinone. Don't think just because it's a cathinone it can't be magical (not that it might not have a few more side effects and possibly metabolize into some nasty stuff).

That said I have not yet personally tried 3 or 4 Fluoro (methyl?)cathinone. Based on my experiences with 4-fluoro amphetamine I wouldn't expect to be wowed. I dunno I have a free sample of the 4-fluoro coming with a larger order of something else. Be interesting to see how it compares to other cathinones/amphetamines.

I tried mephedrone for the first time tonight. Gotta say I was impressed. Magical? No, but a very nice stimulant. I don't get any "magic" from MDMA either, so I won't hold that against it. Not gonna replace either X or methamphetamine for me, but considering the price and it being (sorta) legal, yeah this is good stuff.

if i was drug tested (bog standard pee test), would 3-fmc give a positive result for amphetamines??
apologies if this is a silly question :)

I was trying to show (with lackluster rhetorical flourish) that the sole reason that people will ingest things things like mephedrone is the artificial lack of safer, legal alternatives.

ebola

Really? I don't know.

Before mephedrone, people were always looking for an MDMA substitute with legal highs.

Now, it seems more and more people are actually seeking specificially mephedrone substitutes.

It is not inconceivable that something new and legal can be far more addictive or euphoric than older drugs (and more desirable).

---

My opinion for this thead is something I mentioned before: I don't understand why is it so hard for British lawmakers to pass a law prohibiting the use of any but accepted organochemical nomenclature to label legal highs they sell, be they for human consumption or for plant food - with violation being punishable under drug laws... I mean this sounds like a great thing for conservatives... and barring anyone but licensed labs from selling anything as a "research chemical".

But what if MDMA were legal? Would there have been as severely as vigorous a push to acquire mephedrone?

ebola

Both Mephedrone and Methylone are FAR more adaptable recreationally than MDMA, and I plan to use them for this reason despite having access to plenty of MDMA. As long as they're used in relative moderation there's no serious health concerns, and if at the end of the night I've got titties in my face and start to feel myself come down I can take more and keep it going for a while longer. MDMA is an amazing drug, but it's something I'd almost prefer to keep for special occasions, or doing it with someone special if you know what I mean.

mephedrone and methylone are addictive, mdma isnt, i think that they are more similar to methamphetamine than to extacy.

mephedrone and methylone are addictive, mdma isnt, i think that they are more similar to methamphetamine than to extacy.

Well that's the point, they are different drugs, I'm not saying that one is better than the other, rather that they fill different niches.