• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol 2M2B - 2-methyl-2-butanol & Synthetic Alcohols Megathread

Won't ever happen. There may be a drug similar. But nothing will give you the buzz of alcohol without the negative effects.

That's like saying dry water is on the way. If you want water you'll have to accept its wet and always will be.

Won't ever happen. There may be a drug similar. But nothing will give you the buzz of alcohol without the negative effects.

That's like saying dry water is on the way. If you want water you'll have to accept its wet and always will be.
Well I think it will happen but it probably won't feel like much alcohol.

To say it will never happen when it's going through FSA testing in a few years is a bit short sighted.

Apparently feels like 2-3 units of alcohol but without the full alcohol effect.

Well I think it will happen but it probably won't feel like much alcohol.

To say it will never happen when it's going through FSA testing in a few years is a bit short sighted.

Apparently feels like 2-3 units of alcohol but without the full alcohol effect.
So exactly like I said then. You won't get the buzz of alcohol. Youll get a drug that at best gives similar buzz.

You could argue GHB is this drug already.

Dry water mate.

So exactly like I said then. You won't get the buzz of alcohol. Youll get a drug that at best gives similar buzz.

You could argue GHB is this drug already.

Dry water mate.
I see

Well still I'm happy to try it as might suit some situations where I don't want to get too fked.

Alcohol will still be there when I do

KAva + muscimol from amanita muscaria is the correct answer for "what do we drink instead of booze??"

2M2B had no hangover because it has no toxic metabolites. It's a good drunk too.

2-methyl-2-butanol. It's a tertiary alcohol used in industry and as an RC alcohol.

2M2B had no hangover because it has no toxic metabolites. It's a good drunk too.

I liked it at first, but grew to dislike it, and tossed the rest of mine. It lasts way too long. I found it had a hangover of sorts, though I think it was actually just that I kept feeling it through half or more of the next day, which made me feel off and unpleasant. You're right it has no toxic metabolites, so in that sense it's safer than alcohol. But it's extremely potent, and can kill you in an overdose. It also tastes and smells HORRIBLE, and there is absolutely no way to mask the taste. I dosed it by putting it into the largest size gel caps with a syringe (which is how I measured it to dose, the syringe, which is 100% necessary), which it won't immediately dissolve. So I barely had to taste it (though some of the taste seems to seep through), but then the burps... horrible. It tastes like nail polish remover mixed with mint mixed with poison, and so do the burps. I found the high less euphoric than ethanol, and more sedating, and more dissociating. If I could wake up and feel normal, I'd like it better, but instead, most of the next day is weird. And there is an urge to redose, like with alcohol, but not as strong, which is quite dangerous when it comes to a very long lasting alcohol which is also easier to overdose on.

Ultimately I don't recommend it. If there was a tertiary alcohol with no toxic metabolites that lasted around as long s ethanol, or a little longer, that would be great. Actually there sort of is, though it isn't an alcohol... it's GHB/1,4-butanediol/GBL. But unfortunately, GHB is way too good, and I can't control myself on it at all. It's actually WAY more euphoric than alcohol and isn't toxic (1,4-butanediol is probably a bit toxic though - for those unaware, it's a primary alcohol that is converted via alcohol dehydrogenase, into GHB - but nothing compared to the toxicity of alcohol (ethanol)).

1,4-butanediol is. So is 2m2b. Well, maybe not where you live, I don't know.

Hi everyone I was thinking of buying some 2m2b it's legal in my state to help with Anxiety and insomnia what was your experience with 2m2b and what do you think about it? I'm new to the website

Hi everyone I was thinking of buying some 2m2b it's legal in my state to help with Anxiety and insomnia what was your experience with 2m2b and what do you think about it? I'm new to the website
have you used tertiary alcohols before?

welcome to BL, lets talk about this before you consume anything, these alcohols are deadly deadly.

have you used tertiary alcohols before?

welcome to BL, lets talk about this before you consume anything, these alcohols are deadly deadly.
It an honor to meet you Okay well you see I tried whiskey before and it helped me get to sleep and calmed my anxiety so I was hoping that 2m2b would help what is it I should know?

I mean regular alcohol
Do not treat 2m2b like beer!! It's nothing like that man. It might have vaguely similar effects to a magnified amount, but it's the difference between peeling an orange and the sun itself.

2m2b is not some causal chemical to abuse. I'm not telling you not to do it, but I'm telling you that you need to know what you're getting yourself into before you touch this stuff.

Do not treat 2m2b like beer!! It's nothing like that man. It might have vaguely similar effects to a magnified amount, but it's the difference between peeling an orange and the sun itself.

2m2b is not some causal chemical to abuse. I'm not telling you not to do it, but I'm telling you that you need to know what you're getting yourself into before you touch this stuff.
I understand do you have some advice?