View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2ci 30mg range

LAMBS

Greenlighter
I experienced 2ci at the 15 mg recently and was kind of let down, it was very very mild at best.

Has anyone had an experience with 2ci at 30mg or above? Was wondering if I should expect more of the same?

I Know erowid is my best friend, but I actually enjoy bluelight users opinions on these matters a lot more.

Thanks for any words of wisdom.

2C-I can be a bit rough physically at higher doses. Personally, the worst I experience is mild headaches and an odd ache/cramp in my right leg at higher doses, but I've heard reports of much worse reactions. Some people also find the stimulation a problem at higher doses, although I enjoy the stimulant effect of 2C-I and find it increasingly euphoric at higher doses.

As for intensity... Even at higher doses, 2C-I is in many ways a subtle experience. While it can certainly lend itself to intense experiences, the material does not seem predisposed to blast one's consciousness with heavy overt visuals or shatter the ego entirely. Visuals manifest in a unique way that is hard to describe; one minute I will look around the room and notice nothing unusual aside from brighter colors and a slight waviness or breathing effect, and the next I will catch myself staring at a wall as the whitewall texture becomes a chaotic swirl of moving patterns and colors. The more intense visual distortions seem to manifest either in peripheral vision, or only when looking at something in just the right way. The mental and physical effects are much more predictable than most psychedelics, in my experience so far at least. Overall, 2C-I seems much more suited for recreational tripping as opposed to trying to push the outer limits or achieve ego death.

The bottom line, of course, is that nobody can tell you how you will like higher doses of 2C-I. In my opinion, if you liked what you got at 15mg but want much more intensity, you may find higher doses satisfying. If what you got was not just too mild but fundamentally not the sort of trip you are seeking, then higher doses may be no better. I would try 20 or 25mg and work your way up from there. Be careful going much beyond 30mg, as others seem to start having unpleasant side effects beyond there. I've pushed it as far as 40mg so far and have yet to have a negative experience, although some of the higher dose trips would have been unpleasant without Advil to quell the discomfort on comedown.

There is a bit of a dose response curve up until somewhere in the 25mg range. So no real point in going higher....

That said, i have seen people freak out on doses of 2c-i that may have been like 25-30mg....

Another person ate like 20mg and didn't know where he was. He was actually laying in his bed in his apartment. 2nd hand account, i gave some 2c-i to a friend and told him to give it to people.

2c-i can be intense, but its more on the lighter side if your looking for intense experiences....

If you want to push your mind farther on 2c's mentally i would probably go for 2c-e. If your just dosing higher to get more profound visuals, i hear some of the 2c-t-xx drugs are intensely visual. But do some reading before you try them, i have yet to try any of them so i can't give any personal accounts.

Yea, 2ce would probably be more satisfying to you, but if you just want visuals i would go for 2cp or 2ct7

I'd say 30mg's is still ok. However, taking a lighter dose first to get a feel for the 2ci body load might not be a bad idea. Some love it, some hate it, and if anything, it'll increase in intensity more than the visuals/mindfucky aspects with a higher dose.

2c-i can be intense, but its more on the lighter side if your looking for intense experiences....

Yeah, 2c-i is just plain weird. The visuals can be fairly intense, but you almost have to work for them. Had a couple weird experiences on it, which all seem all the weirder because at times you'll feel 100% sober. As for profound tripping, I often find the trip feels a little shallow or hollow at the time, but a couple days down the line there are some profound realizations. It's just incredibly subversive.

Last edited:
The subtlety of 2C-I is quite weird and intriguing. Are other 2C* visuals similar at all in this manner, or is this unique to -I?

I've found 20mg to be 2CIs sweet spot. A good friend of mine at the time took 40mg once and had a pretty intense come up, but overall enjoyed the experience.

I'd say try 20mg first before trying anything higher

I would be careful trying to define a fixed 'sweet spot' for 2C-I. The dose response range seems to vary a great deal from person to person. Some say 20-25mg is as high as anyone would need to go; I've approached 40mg and felt I could probably push further with a higher dose. 16-18mg is outrageously visual for some people; for me, it's barely a +++ at peak with minimal visual distortions.

That said, for those with at least a few psychedelic experiences behind them, I think 20mg is a good starting point if you're aiming for a solid recreational +++.

For those who I've given doses below 20mg, they felt like it wasn't "enough". I've 10, 12, and 15mg doses and found it nothing too spectacular. But with 20mg the visuals and body feeling were in sync beautifully. I had similar responses from fellow psychonauts

My own experience matches up nicely with this, but many reports here and on Erowid, including plenty from very experienced psychonauts, discuss doses in the 15-18mg range as quite intense. Shulgin discussed doses around 15mg as quite visual and I believe he even called 16mg too much on one occasion.

Personally, I would say 20-30mg is the fully psychedelic range for 2C-I, with 30mg seeming to be close to the saturation point for most people. I don't have enough experience above this level myself yet to decide whether or not I would agree that 30+ is mostly unnecessary; I've only tried 30+mg twice, both times with an imprecisely measured dose and recent use potentially contributing to tolerance. If I were introducing an experienced psychonaut to 2C-I for their first 2C trip, I would give them 20 but caution them to be prepared for a very intense trip if they happen to be 2C-I lightweights or a mild-moderate trip if they have a response curve more like yours or mine. The dose-response curve seems to vary a good bit from person to person, but 20mg is probably within the reasonable psychedelic range for almost everyone.

I feel like the perfect dose of 2C-I is around 25mg. Less than that and it's not very psychedelic. Over 30 mg and it's far too stimulating.

Hey lambs, welcome to bluelight! :)

Know that this thread will be merged with the 2C-I dosage subthread soon.

(I have never used 2C-I above 16 mg myself so can't add any relevant info here)

Here's a guideline for initiates:
  • please read the rules, you will benefit yourself from proper conduct,
  • use the search engine (this is in the rules) first to check if the subject of your question or remark has not already been covered or devoted a thread to,
  • use the Psychedelic Index to find your way around, major topics are covered there and they include subthreads for more in-depth focus on specific subjects. The Psychedelic Index can be found at the top of the main Psychedelic Drugs page with a big link. :)

I took an eyeballed dose around 40mg and it was a pretty fucking rough ride physically on the comedown. I also experienced HPPD-like effects for a few days afterwards. It was a hell of a trip though, best visuals I've ever gotten on a psychedelic.

For those who I've given doses below 20mg, they felt like it wasn't "enough". I've 10, 12, and 15mg doses and found it nothing too spectacular. But with 20mg the visuals and body feeling were in sync beautifully. I had similar responses from fellow psychonauts

This is my first time experiencing with 2ci. I've done mdma before but have never felt anything like this before. Walls seems to be moving , pictures seems to come alive, crazy thoughts... =D

2C-I is quite dose-sensitive. 15 mg is too little, 20 mg is usually perfect, 25 is too much.

Personally, I would say 20-30mg is the fully psychedelic range for 2C-I, with 30mg seeming to be close to the saturation point for most people.

Mmmm...reports of accidental overdoses suggest that intensity continues to scale upwards in the 50-100 mgs range. As others have said, though, the physical and psychosomatic side-effects will likely prove prohibitively bothersome at high doses (and possibly dangerous at ridiculous doses).

I'd first feel-out the 15-30 mg range, as (again, as others have noted), the dose-response curve in this range is quite sharp and non-linear.

Also, we should remember that Shulgin is idiosyncratically sensitive to many psychedelics.

ebola

I feel like the perfect dose of 2C-I is around 25mg. Less than that and it's not very psychedelic. Over 30 mg and it's far too stimulating.

Agree 100%. I've had a LOT of experience with 2C-I... many many uses over a period of 10 years. For me 20 is just above threshold, not till 25 do full psychedelic effects manifest (major trails, etc.), 30 is just stronger but still tolerable in terms of speediness, but beyond that feels uncomfortable and excessive. (Not sure if its a factor, but I'm a fairly large male, 6'1', 200#... not much of a factor I believe, unless you would say you are "small" in comparison.)

Last edited:
I've tried it at 40mg and found it waaaaay more visual at that level, although the bodyload felt a bit more negative, especially during the come-up phase (feeling overstimulated). And unfortunately I didn't find the mental component any deeper at 40mg than at half that.

Really, if you're looking for something more profound, 2C-E might be worth looking into instead.

2C-I is nice because it is so clearheaded... very ZEN-like, it seems to QUIET thoughts more than stimulating them, despite being stimulant; that combined with the "video enhancement" visual effects leaves you feeling like you are in some sort of calm but electrified wonderland.

Off-Topic but it was brought up, so: 2C-E is definitely more interesting in terms of being "entertaining" - trails (though quite not as strong as 2C-I for me), with the addition of more intense color shifting, and VERY intense color-cycling shape-changing afterimages. One of its most interesting effects for me is that it does seem to stimulate inner thought processes which end up going down these intense, time-dilating "involuted fractal thought chains" (A branches off to B which branches off to C, ad infinitum, sometimes returning in reverse, apparently at high-speed as they can make 15 minutes of such super-amplified introspection seem like an hour... rather fun actually, I find it to be be 2C-E-s most intersesting and unique properties). For me 20mg 2C-E was strong, and taking 25mg diphenhydramine (OTC antihistimime "Benedryl") greatly reduced the widespread aches/pains/discomfortable feelings that 2C-E can cause and gave a very smooth delightful ride, and seemed to intensify the effects and visuals to a delightful degree. YMMV.

I feel like 2c-i is really only "worth it" in the 20-30 mg level. Ive gone up to 50 mg and its hard to describe, like a really strong +++ but some how shallow at the same time... Past 20-30 mg it keeps getting stronger but somehow I never really split open like I do on large doses of other tools. I love 2c-i for what it does though, but I feel like there are better options if your looking for a strong +++ experience