• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2CB - Feeling like shit over a week later and possible HPPD, have i messed myself up?

Don't wait too long. Have a timeframe. Your new personality may just stick around, so it's a good idea to remember how you were before, and how you are now.

I've tried the "waiting it out", and some years down the road, I was almost dead. I, however, don't blame the psychs. It would have happened eventually, I guess.

Good luck!

Don't wait too long. Have a timeframe. Your new personality may just stick around, so it's a good idea to remember how you were before, and how you are now.

I've tried the "waiting it out", and some years down the road, I was almost dead. I, however, don't blame the psychs. It would have happened eventually, I guess.

Good luck!

Hmm, im not sure i follow what you mean exactly... could you elaborate? :p

Saturday before last i had a really bad time on 2CB. I have used it 5 or 6 times before with no problems, in fact i have had great trips up until now.
Anyway, ever since i have been feeling very sketchy indeed. I have previously considered myself to have a very mild case of hppd, light trails/afterimages/static etc, but now this seems alot worse. Everything i look at immediately gives me a negative afterimage as soon as i see it, eg pictures on the wall will give me a square outline even just glimpsing it for a split second. Basically, if i have seen an object then i have a noticeable negative version of it in my vision for 1-2 secs after looking away. very very annoying.

In-fucking-deed. I also felt slow mentally for a while while I got this exact same phenomena of the negative image thing in my vision. It started to happen after doing A LOT of AMT in 2001, also loads of DXM and LSD. It did go away though. I had clonazepam scripted to me for exactly this by a neurologist (the hppd) that is. It's so nice to not have those neg images and sky with tv static in it and other weird things like that. I was scripted the clonaz .5mg everyday in 2007 and had the hppd shit since early 2003 I think. But then I went into the horrors of being addicted to benzos. I'd take the hppd back sometimes..heh.

In-fucking-deed. I also felt slow mentally for a while while I got this exact same phenomena of the negative image thing in my vision. It started to happen after doing A LOT of AMT in 2001, also loads of DXM and LSD. It did go away though. I had clonazepam scripted to me for exactly this by a neurologist (the hppd) that is. It's so nice to not have those neg images and sky with tv static in it and other weird things like that. I was scripted the clonaz .5mg everyday in 2007 and had the hppd shit since early 2003 I think. But then I went into the horrors of being addicted to benzos. I'd take the hppd back sometimes..heh.

Interesting. How long did your symptoms take to go away? Its good to hear that this thing does go away eventually. Did you stop using all recreational drugs? Benzo addiction sounds really nasty, so im reluctant to even get started down that path.

I still had some lsd up to late 2008 but that was the last year where I had some. Clonazepam removed all hppd very soon after the very nice comprehensive young doc (who was about my age) scripted me .5 Rivotril (brand name for clonaz in most of the world). I asked for this one specifically because I had read it worked for hppd.

Hm thats interesting. I was under the impression that benzos only helped with the anxiety and didnt actually get rid of the visual distortions.... I wonder if it would be worth it to try. I dont wanna get into problems with benzos though. If only there was a non addictive treatment heh

Hm thats interesting. I was under the impression that benzos only helped with the anxiety and didnt actually get rid of the visual distortions.... I wonder if it would be worth it to try. I dont wanna get into problems with benzos though. If only there was a non addictive treatment heh

If you have some anxiety related to the hppd, it would do wonders. You could just take .5 of clonazepam a day. I hear they started making .25mg clonazepam pills too now. The problem with me is that i was already a nervous person before all the psychedelics ;) Hence why I had an escalation of dosage (which compared to some people wasn't that crazy) and i'm now on 20mg of valium a day when I was at 3mg of clonaz a day. 66% in benzo consumption reduction, i'm proud of that one.

But yeah google clonazepam hppd. I might drop you some links later when I got the time. I'm sure ..25/.5 a day would help.

I forgot to mention, clonazepam is a bit in it's own class, well no, clorazepate and clobazam are it's kind of benzo, in some countries clonaz is ONLY used for epilepsy. The official health canada benzo comparison chart with info for all benzos available also tell about how clonaz is used for nerve related pain. Which is probably why I had the month bottle of clonaz renewed eternally by my neurologist, he looked at it vaguely and he saw the name of the med going "Oh that's Rivotril? That will help your tension headaches and calm you a lot." At the time my headaches and hppd was going so badly i talked about suicide in front of him tho.

Goddamn I'm manic today 8(

Right now tbh i can handle the anxiety. Ive been feeling alot better since i started this thread. Wierd brain dead/head pressure feeling has gone and i have been more motivated etc. So i think the worst is over. Still got the afterimages but i think they may be getting less intense, closer to how they were before the 2cb freakout haha. I dunno man, its more of an annoyance rather than a serious problem at this point but it would be really nice if it would go away lol.

I wonder how i would explain all this to the doctor, im in the UK and i doubt they will have any idea what HPPD is, i dont wanna walk into a doctors office and start rambling about psychedelics and shit i have heard on the internet lol... may just try explaining the after images thing as if ive never read anything about it and just not mention drugs atall, see what they say

it's good that you are listening to your body. don't do any more drugs for now. have decent break.

Time heals, trust me. Here is one thing you could speed the process up by about 10x;

Exercise. You don't need to do exercise, you HAVE to do it. It's essential for recovery. can't stress that any more, get up off your chair and start jumping around. Yeah mood swings, they are annoying, 'cause you think you're fine, then you feel bad again. excercise helps this. It gives you a lasting natural mood heighten.
Also, good sleep. And eating healthy if you can.

let us know how it goes

Right now tbh i can handle the anxiety. Ive been feeling alot better since i started this thread. Wierd brain dead/head pressure feeling has gone and i have been more motivated etc. So i think the worst is over. Still got the afterimages but i think they may be getting less intense, closer to how they were before the 2cb freakout haha. I dunno man, its more of an annoyance rather than a serious problem at this point but it would be really nice if it would go away lol.

I wonder how i would explain all this to the doctor, im in the UK and i doubt they will have any idea what HPPD is, i dont wanna walk into a doctors office and start rambling about psychedelics and shit i have heard on the internet lol... may just try explaining the after images thing as if ive never read anything about it and just not mention drugs atall, see what they say

I'm not sure how it is in the U.K., but I know that in the U.S. it is best not to talk about any recreational drug usage to your doctor unless you really need to. If they put in your record that you are a drug user it may make it more difficult for you to get opiates or benzos prescribed in the case that you truly needed them. I know psychedelics are not nearly the same but to most doctors, recreational drug use is all the same.

^^
Sounds similar as in canada but not totally as the whole thing isnt connected to a big medusa here so if you tell one doc something, your other docs won't know about it. I had not mentioned hppd, I had mentioned the crippling anxiety and insomnia though and it was in my small very up north town and I told the doc that I was scripted clonazepam when I was in Montreal for studying and that now I was feeling protracted withdrawal. So there you go I had .5mg bid. I kinda have the trick to have docs script me what I want, when its logical anyway, I never asked for hospital grade heroin for minor backache for example :/

And bam hppd was gone and what I read about clonazepam turned out to be right.

A week later =/= HPPD.

Almost everyone gets residual visuals and effects for a while after taking psychedelics, particularly phenethylamines. In my case if I take one of the 2C-X series it's often 2-3 weeks before the residual visuals disappear (even for small doses), and if I've been using them frequently even more.

A week later is almost certainly not a time to get alarmed.

If you go a few months free of psychedelics and things don't return to normal though then that's when I'd start to get concerned.

A week later =/= HPPD.

Almost everyone gets residual visuals and effects for a while after taking psychedelics, particularly phenethylamines. In my case if I take one of the 2C-X series it's often 2-3 weeks before the residual visuals disappear (even for small doses), and if I've been using them frequently even more.

A week later is almost certainly not a time to get alarmed.

If you go a few months free of psychedelics and things don't return to normal though then that's when I'd start to get concerned.

On top of this i have just been feeling SHATTERED ever since. I have had this horrible brain dead "head pressure" feeling, where my head just feels like mush basically. I am very irratable and have been having mood swings. I can only stay awake for about 12 hours before i feel on the verge of passing out, but paradoxically when i go to bed i often lie awake for hours wishing i was unconcious (too tired to do anything, but cant sleep!?)

As I see it, the HPPD is not very much an issue... But that which I quoted, is

I also have HPPD, and I don't see the problem. It's just colors and stuff jumping around lol

^ I feel like the bit you quoted is directly related to the after-effects being experienced. If he's anxious and worried that he's developed HPPD then he could be experiencing other psychological symptoms as a result. I know if I'm feeling anxious, paranoid, not feeling myself, then I'm tired all day and it's bad enough just trying to get up out of bed.

exercise can get the bad effects out of your system 10x faster.

Generally for me, whenever I have a difficult trip the next week or two I get after effects mainly from how psychologically frighting the trip is. You will be fine really soon. :)

Well it has been 3.5 weeks since this trip now. Been completely sober the entire time, eating healthy etc... My general mood has improved, and im not getting the "head feels like mush" thing anymore. However, still no decrease in the visual stuff.... if anything the afterimages seem to be getting worse. I just wish they would go away... or at least show some sign of improvement.. i think i will go to the doctor sometime next week (so busy right now)

i am having similar effects than you have. no visuals or anything like that but really bad anxiety attacks. but reading this already helped calming the anxiety a lot. i will definitely stop doing all drugs! it has now been 4 days since the trip but it is slowly getting better. i usually do exercise a lot but these last days i felt weak. i will definitely force myself to do sports these next days. Anyway, thank you for all the comments on here. take care!

I also got bad HPPD from 2cb. I took it 5 or 6 times in a couple of months. I only get after images really and trailing when tired or in the dark, or when drunk or stoned.. I've had them for two years now with not the slightest improvement. I haven't taken 2cb for two years now, I also tried 6 months abstinence from all drugs to no effect. I didn't take another hallucinogen for 1 year after it started to no effect. I've also now not taken MDMA for 8 months to no effect. Cannabis and alcohol exaggerates it somewhat for 1-2 days but symptoms don't decrease further after that. It also seems to have ruined my ability to enjoy any drugs anywhere near as much due to the anxiety.

I've also switched to an incredibly healthy wholefood diet, have tried supplementing vitamins/minerals, antioxidants, ginkgo/ginseng/gotu kola/cayenne/black pepper, omega 3 DHA/EPA. And started walking at least 5 miles per day for 8 weeks now. It's hard to tell whether that has helped or I'm just getting better at ignoring the visuals. As they are always there as soon as I look for them

I'm basically at my wits end with it, I wish I'd never fucking touched 2cb, and would literally do anything to cure it. I'm going to try lions mane mushroom as a last resort

Last edited: