• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2CB - Feeling like shit over a week later and possible HPPD, have i messed myself up?

nitetrain

Greenlighter
Saturday before last i had a really bad time on 2CB. I have used it 5 or 6 times before with no problems, in fact i have had great trips up until now.

Last sat i broke all the rules though. Got home from a night out with 2 friends, and recklessly made the decision to dose on the spur of the moment. We were all pretty drunk already, and since we only had 2 caps left, made the foolish decision to simply dissolve both in a glass of water and pass it around the 3 of us. So my total dose was unknown. This was only a couple of weeks after my last trip, which was on 2cb + mdma at new year, when i had a great time with no noticeable side effects.

I dunno what went wrong, but i basically had a 4 hour panic attack. I became very confused and paranoid, and i freaked out hard. I couldnt stay in the same place for more than a few seconds, i was pacing around the flat hyperventalating. I couldnt stand being around my friends, being in the same room as them felt like i was being paraded around naked and everyone could see all my flaws. Ive never felt so insecure and vulnerable before. It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life.

Towards the end things did chill out a bit though, and i finally managed to enjoy the visuals and laugh my ass off (mostly at how insane i had been acting for the previous few hours)

Anyway, ever since i have been feeling very sketchy indeed. I have previously considered myself to have a very mild case of hppd, light trails/afterimages/static etc, but now this seems alot worse. Everything i look at immediately gives me a negative afterimage as soon as i see it, eg pictures on the wall will give me a square outline even just glimpsing it for a split second. Basically, if i have seen an object then i have a noticeable negative version of it in my vision for 1-2 secs after looking away. very very annoying.

On top of this i have just been feeling SHATTERED ever since. I have had this horrible brain dead "head pressure" feeling, where my head just feels like mush basically. I am very irratable and have been having mood swings. I can only stay awake for about 12 hours before i feel on the verge of passing out, but paradoxically when i go to bed i often lie awake for hours wishing i was unconcious (too tired to do anything, but cant sleep!?)

I feel like i broke all the rules of sensible drug use and have vowed to stay sober for the forseeable future, but i would have thought these side effects would be going away by now... its now 10 days later and i still feel like shit.... this is really starting to fuck up my ability to study for uni and really get me down... have i fried my brain?? :(

I highly doubt you fried your brain, whatever that means. Forget about the fact that the experience was drug induced. Any strong negative experience will linger for a while, it could be anything. A car crash, a friend dying, a bomb exploding.. .etc. When we experience trauma, it takes a while for it to wear off. For example, i had bedbugs for a short time in an apartment i lived in temporarily, and it took a long ass time for me not to hallucinate bugs in my new bedroom and was hard to sleep comfortably for months. That's because it was so traumatizing to me, but i didn't write myself off as having fried my brain or anything or having any sort of disorder, it's normal for that kind of shit to linger.

The vision thing is strange. Are you sure that it isn't psychological? You said you previously considered yourself to have hppd. If what you are saying is technically true, then wouldn't you be totally blinded by all the 1-2 second afterimages overlapping on everything you look at?

Also have you tried doing some really strenuous exercise to tire you out? By the sounds of it you probably just haven't gotten a replenishing sleep since then because your mind is racing.

I once took a small dose of 2c-b, just to see if I could get any effects. It ended up being a couple hours of feeling displaced and confused, and left a weird taste in my mouth (so to speak) for a couple days. It gets better. Abstinence of drug use, productivity, and being positive will be your greatest tools.

Hm, its hard to explain, i can still see fine, but for example if i see a painting on the wall then as soon as my eyes move i see a purple square outline overlayed on my vision. If im watching tv then any time my eyes move i see a shadow of the screen on the wall with the inverse colours of whatever is on the screen. I know that is normal to a certain extent if you stare at something, but in my case it just happens instantly. If ive seen it, i have the after image. I can still see whats going on underneath cos there is no detail, its just like blocks of colour that dont really obscure what i am looking at but tint its colour, eg the new scene appears tinged yellow/purple/whatever. Not debilitating but very annoying and its giving me anxiety. I had a very minor version of this before this trip, i assume from previous times with mushrooms/mdma, but it really seems to have increased in intensity after this.

More worrysome is how my head feels, hard to explain, just a dull "pressure" achey feeling all the time, like my brain is just really TIRED.

I have been trying to think positive and remind myself it will probabloy all go away but its been 10 days now.. hard to stop worrying. I have been trying to eat right etc but i have been feeling too lazy/demotivated to do any excercise :( Once i do get to sleep i find it hard to drag myself out of bed, been missing classes etc :(

You need to jumpstart your metabolism somehow I think. Sounds like your body is just running at less than optimal energy levels. Being overtired all the time can cause those types of visual disturbances without any drugs involved. The 2CB might have thrown your circadian rhythm off a little bit. You gotta bite the bullet, eat a good healthy meal and run for a mile or something, hit the sauna and just dedicate a day or a week to intense exercise and good sleep.

So yeah, you might have messed yourself up! But luckily, it's definitely probably not a permanent condition. You just have to get back into the groove.

You do need to be consuming good meals/water and exercise/stretching i would stay away from other drugs especially 2c compounds/psychedelics/mdxx compounds until you have recovered.

Hm. Yeah i wont be getting fucked up in ANY way for a long while. The bad trip actually made me think about alot of stuff in my life that i need to change, so it wasnt a completely worthless experience. I just wish it didnt seem to have such lasting side effects :/

One thing i realised is ive been doing too much drugs and i really should slow down. Ive not really been too crazy, but doing md on average every 3 weekends for the last year, smoking loads of weed, doing 2cb more often than i should etc. Its all started to effect my ability to study which is what i need to be focussing on. So i am taking a long break. Its just the last week or so i have been feeling down about the whole thing, worried that i have damaged myself and these symptoms wont go away.

Good advice on the excercise... i do need to get active.

Definitely wont be tripping anytime soon. Although i really wanted to try lsd over the summer... i guess i will have to wait and see how i am doing before i decide on that one :(

Anyone else out there had similar effects and recovered?

The way i look at it, every drug you take affects you for the rest of your life, each time.

^yes. eat well, drink a lot (water, fruit juice), do sports (endurance and in nature if possible). think about getting supplements such as rhodiola, gingko and maybe piracetam.
try not to care much about the disturbances. the more you focus on the problem the more it focuses on you.
also: try to talk to people you trust before you ruminate on end...

it's extremely unlikely that you did physical harm on yourself. your problem is psychological, don't talk yourself into "brain fry"-guilt-paranoia. it is hard right now but it will fade away. there are numerous accounts of people on this forum that fucked themselves up with PDs way worse than you did and still recovered. it's just a matter of time - and this time will be shorter if you treat yourself well. :)

one last thing: don't self-medicate with psychoactives (especially downers). they may help with your current problem but usually lead to other potentially longer-lasting and more serious problems. but it feels like this is not an option for u anyway..

Thanks man that is re-assuring. Maybe it will work out for the best in the end since i badly needed to change my habits anyway

You do need to be consuming good meals/water and exercise/stretching i would stay away from other drugs especially 2c compounds/psychedelics/mdxx compounds until you have recovered.

This is the best advice. You're suffering trauma from an unpleasant trip. Perhaps you weren't in the best headspace to trip that night, or perhaps you're physically run-down.

Excercise & an improved diet will help. Go for long walks, eat freshly cooked, real food, eat fresh vegetables & drink fruit juices. Your diet must be balanced, so obviously you need protein as well. Protein helps the body heal itself, meat, nuts etc. Vary your diet too, eat meat one day, fish the next, then chicken then a vegetarian meal. Have potatoes, or pasta, rice, couscous or brown bread with your meals. Make sure when you have a plate of food that it's colourful, the more colours you have on your plate, the healthier your meal. Carrots, cabbage, sweetcorn, chicken, potatoes?

Drink plenty of water though-out the day. Try to avoid caffiene in coffee & Coke, alcohol & anything that affects your mood or energy levels. You need your moods & energy levels to support themselves again, not be regulated by drugs.

I've got myself into some pretty uncomfortable extended states of depression, anxiety & pain due to slightly incautious drugs use & I've honestly felt as if I would never recover. Mostly these states last little more than a day or two but smetimes I really fuck up & end up with weeks on end feelig truly dreadful. But following my own advice above really helps, knock back the weed & booze, lock the psyches & stims away for a couple months & before I know it, I'm back to my happy everyday self. We are all much stronger than we realise! So even the longest, shittest drugs comedowns or the most awfully traumatic events can eventually be overcome. I mean, I've even seen the immediate aftermath of a terrorist bombing (I was 13 at the time) that was absolutely horrifying, sickening, terrifying & could have put me in therapy for life or tbrought me to an early suicide, but I somehow in fact recovered fully from the shock without the intervention of doctors or even my parents. Somehow, I integrated this awful experience into my life & I feel stronger for it. I have suffered PTSD & do still suffer bouts of it, but generally speaking I'm a pretty rounded, normal person, living my life, paying my bills, planning my holidays etc etc

In honesty, we're ALL fucking lucky here! All we have to deal with is the odd dodgy trip! I do not wish to make little of your problems in any way whatsoever, but I've travelled some very poor parts of the world & I can assure you, there are a million people out there who have to survive far, far worse experiences & far, far more of them.

Be strong, you can beat this!

Blessings & very best wishes!

The 2c-_ series has a tendency to have a hangover-ish type effect, which is why I personally avoid the entire series.

Have you experienced such effects yourself captain heroin? I have heard people saying that 2c-i is really bad for HPPD but i didnt really take it seriously since there is no scientific data... i wish there was more verified knowledge about all these trippy new drugs heh. Ive already decided i will stick to the "classics" from now on, when/if i eventually get round to tripping again

Let me guess, you felt like leaving the country because the secret police was onto you and your friends were all in on it...they made a deal. LOL

Is it the first time you get the fear or something?

Let me guess, you felt like leaving the country because the secret police was onto you and your friends were all in on it...they made a deal. LOL

Did you read the post? It wasn't the "fear" that he was worried about. He is worried about after effects 10 days later. A bit different. To the OP, yes I have had a week or so after a serious psychedelic bender that have been "off" like you describe. The best thing is to get into a good schedule, eat well, drink plenty of water, and maybe some B12 for your energy levels during the day.

Eating well is always good. But as someone also stated, don't ruminate, and try to have some fun, not drug-fun but walking in nature, gardening, doing what you find relaxing.
Psychedelics is medicine, and feelings might surface when we partake. It might be that there is still energy from the trip ready to be released, which is creating chaos in your life
If you don't get better, then you might think about finding a therapist who can guide you through your emotional state.

same thing happened when i did 2ce but i did it three times in a week(not the best idea) and i had hppd for months after. It slowly subsided tho but it also made me extremly dissociated for a month or two after

Lol. I have had "the fear" before on shrooms, but the next day i was fine. After almost 2 weeks i would expect to be back to baseline :( I guess i will have to wait it out. No more 2c-b for me heh

As a side note, palinopsia (increased afterimages) is a real recognised medical condition, can apparently be caused by brain leisons among other things. so i may see a doctor about it. This all could be coincidence, or psychedelic drugs may aggravate an existing condition that is caused by something else. This would explain why i dont have any other HPPD symptoms (objects moving, tripping patterns, DP/DR etc)

Last edited by a moderator: