View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2cb and Benzos?

wooger

Bluelighter
So... I have problems with anxiety which I am currently on benzos for (diazepam), and generally speaking I believe my drug use to be pretty much over.

However, one thing I always wanted to try is 2CB and have recently been able to acquire some. So I have a couple of questions...

1) I know the most reasonable thing to do would be to 'wait' until I have dealt with my anxiety before attempting to try this.... if I were to do that - I understand it can be kept for months and months right?

2) I read this and I was wondering whether anyone else had experienced an increased effect from 2cb whilst mixing with benzos?? I was gunna keep some around incase I started getting panicky or w/e.

3) I hear anti-depressants can dull the effects of 2cb - I was aiming for a dose of around 15mg as I have never done it before - I am also on trazodone (for anxiety) should I increase the 2cb dose or would 15mg still be enough to get a taste of what its like?

Thanks

Last edited:
iv seen many ppl take a bar and take a cap of 2ce n 2ce not work, iv also seen some 1 tripping to hard on 2ce n pop a bar n it killed effects, i even dont take any benzos or anything a week before i take 2ce so ill make sure itll work. the 2cs are pretty consistent but if your on benzos,suboxen some form of downer or mdma it tends to block the 2c out

Depends what you want.

The anxiety *will* be reduced, and the thought process might be slightly dulled, but their different receptor systems, so to my knowledge your not actually antagonizing the 2CB effect with benzos.

For what it's worth one of my favorite combos is 2CC and etizolam. Its the most relaxing, sleepadelic combination imaginable. Slightly euphoric, no worries, all the 2CC fun, and the Eti dopeyness. The Eti never decreased 2CC's visuals for me, at least when held to 1.5-2 mg or less.

EDIT: I don't take benzos on a regular basis, only on a case by case basis, so regular prescription users might experience different results.

I've been on 10 mg's of 2c-I, and while I was coming down from that i took 1 mg of klonopin. I know it's not the same, but it certainly helped my come down overstimulation. Was actually kinda pleasant

hmm - seems like I should leave the diazepam as an 'emergency' thing - like I say if I get panicky or something. I was just curious as the erowid guy said it seemed to increase effects :S

could someone advise me as to the situation as to the trazodone? something tells me in my heart of hearts combining all this stuff is a lil weird...

fyi - diazepam is not an anti-depressant. it is an anti-anxiolytic. (sp?)

IMO, if anything the benzo will dull your time with 2cb. maybe take it afterwards to chill out and crash. i dont think it would cause any kind of bad reaction with me, but everyones different.

^ it's actually just anxiolytic, which is a drug used in the treatment of anxiety

when i do CB i dont take my benzos before the trip. when i first took CB i was on 3mg of colonopin and i know it dulled the experience because when i took the CB again without it, it was a more vivid experience. I recommend taking them when your coming down. I cannot even seem to fall asleep well after a >20 mg dose.

thank you for all your input - I guess I will save it for afterwards if I can - I know from recent experience that benzos ARE GREAT for comedowns. Off topic but I had some just recently after taking a gram of amphetamine and before (it was year ago I used to use amphetamines alot) I would feel shit for days, 2mg of clonazepam and 1mg of alprazolam and the next day I was fine - no comedown at all - just felt completely normal, refreshed even! :D

Does anyone have any ideas about the trazodone - I heard this can also effect 2cb?! I read it on a drugs guide here on bl. I was just wondering by how much I should increase the 2cb dose? thanks :)

^Welcome to the UK drug scene. 5-10% pure amphetamine is the norm.

Oh yeah... test centers in the Netherlands say that the average tested sample varied over time somewhere between 10 and 20%, I didn't realize this since I have been pretty lucky. Also I am not getting mine on the street (never got anything on the street).
I only like it around the 5 mg range to boost a day's productivity, not as recreation.

Anyway back to the topic at hand, I'm sorry but I have no conclusive answer on trazodone. I see its a SARI which has partial similarities to SSRI's. Could be there is no adverse interaction, like I read there may not be one with LSD, but looking at SSRI's the result can really vary a lot and is unpredictable. If I were you I would assume that, and start from that assumption. Falsely based carefulness and apprehension is better than a false sense of security anyway.

Trazadone is a serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor - either of those effects alone will usually greatly reduce the effects of psychedelics. :-(

You might not be able to get any decent effects from 2C-B.
Or it might work.
The extent to which antidepressants and antipsychotics reduce the effects of psychedelics is not terribly consistent between individuals, and has not been studied with any level of rigor.

Very few people report that benzos increase the effects of psychedelics, though a few people say that they help them relax and let the effects take over more. Typical effect of taking a benzo while tripping is to reduce anxiety and make the trip weaker.

Last edited:
mCPP is a metabolite of it? yuck!

And why am I reading antagonist / reuptake inhibitor theazo? You are right about the usually greatly reducing effects remark though.

Benzos should decrease the effects of any 'classic' psychedelic.

Personally, I don't like to trip unless I have a benzo with me. I haven't had to use it yet, but it has certainly made it easier to ride out challenging situations as I knew I could kill the trip if I needed to.

Valium would not be the best choice though due to it's half-life and onset. Xanax, Ativan or Klonopin would be better in my opinion.

When it comes to psychedelics 2C-B is remarkably friendly, which is one of the reasons it's my favorite. Nothing wrong with 15mg to start, especially since you're on meds, but in my experience the magic doesn't really start until 20mg...

thanks everyone :) I think I am gunna keep a benzo on hand - I have access to alprazolam too so I guess I will go with that. I'm guessing I will go for 15mg to start - seems pretty reasonable - thanks for your input!

i wish the magic started for me at 20mg. its takes at least 30 for me to ride the lightning ha may be due to my previous ssri/anti pyscotic intake but havent taken those in a year...

i have experience with all the above, the key here is to take however much you normally take for the lowest dose possible, while still taking into consideration your comfort during the trip (trust me tripping while in withdrawl is distracting to say the least..). the trazadone shouldn't effect anything, at least i haven't noticed any difference and i normally take 50-100mgs a night.

benzos seem to have a dulling on psychedelics IME, but can be pretty helpful on the comedown if you're feeling "cracked out" at all.

Trazadone is a serotonin agonist - those usually greatly reduce the effects of psychedelics. :-(

You might not be able to get any decent effects from 2C-B.
Or it might work.
The extent to which antidepressants and antipsychotics reduce the effects of psychedelics is not terribly consistent between individuals, and has not been studied with any level of rigor.

Very few people report that benzos increase the effects of psychedelics, though a few people say that they help them relax and let the effects take over more. Typical effect of taking a benzo while tripping is to reduce anxiety and make the trip weaker.

you sure about that with the trazadone? i take it almost every night and my trips have not been dulled in the least bit. it is an agonist, but not a seretonin re-uptake inhibitor, nor does it have any of the typical SSRI side-effects.

I would totally believe that being on trazadone and taking a psychedelic would certainly reduce the effects of the drug. the total half life of trazadone is around 12 hours or so with the first major phase lasting from 3-6 (source: wikipedia). this being said, if there is something to worry about with an interaction you might as well want to avoid a wake n' dose!

I've found that while benzos may dull the experience to an extent, when taken before they help me transition into the tripping state more smoothly. However I am never as immersed in the psychedelic state of mind. It is a slippery slope though, my favorite combo was lsd and xanax, or 2ce and xanax, it makes you think you are free to dose whenever as long as you have a few pills on hand, since you just getting sensory/visual effects and not as much mental other than euphoria - in my case I built up a slight dependence to benzos. If one can control their use though, it is a very valuable combo however. My fav combo was xanax followed by lsd and then mdma a few hours later. I'd just take enough for it to kill any anxiety the trip might create, but not blackout/slurring speech dose. I truely reached some magical places, however I do not know how my experiences would have turned out had I not been self-medicating with benzos.