View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-P Caution.

RandomGuy123

Bluelighter
This is from a member of a forum and I just wanted to share this information with anyone new trying 2C-P.
I found it extremely interesting.

"Sorry for the lack of explanation. I took a small dose of 2c-p on monday night, and it broke my brain. Kicked me into an extremely scary manic state, with serious paranoid delusions. This lasted until about friday night, and i am honestly surpised i made it through without hurting myself or anyone else, as i thought most people i encountered were trying to hurt, kill, or control me in some way. I have never experienced anything like this before, and i would be stupid to not draw the corelation between my fragile mental state and my increase in risky behaviors/drug use.

So im out for a while. Before posting this thread, i flushed my entire stash (and my oh my had it gotten large) down the toilet. I regret this now, because i would have happily sent it out to friends through here. But at the time, the television had told me that the cops were surrounding my place and i had 4 minutes to get rid of everything before they were coming in. Also, most of the powders were nothing but poison being sent by my enemies who were trying to slowly kill me.

My time on here was very positive for me, and the friendships ive made were real. But its time to grow up, own my responsibilities, and stop fucking around with these potentially dangerous substances. I may be back in a while, but for now its time to embrace reality.

Thanks to everyone. I will miss this place, and all of you.

Stay safe, take care, and listen to your brain."

small dose?
it would be interesting to know how much he took.

I would like to know dosage as well. I know firsthand the sheer power of this phen and I warn people to never take more than 10mg's, at least for their first time. It is like 2c-e on acid :)

I would like to know your dose. I've been waiting to try this phen of a chem!

2c-p is powerful but I don't it any more likely to cause a mental breakdown than any of the other heavy hitters. Its all about dosage.

2c-p is powerful but I don't it any more likely to cause a mental breakdown than any of the other heavy hitters. Its all about dosage.

Not much research on it, who knows what it does to certain people.

Along with that it sounds like the OP of that quote had also been doing a wee bit
Too much of other stuff around the time period of this occurence.
Moderation is key, along with dosage.

Stay safe, people.

Interest in dose seconded (or... sixthed).

Not too long ago I thought of a set of stadia (very gross analysis) that one goes through with psychedelics including 2C-X so let's focus on those.

Change in mood (2C-B feels more like an entactogen at lower doses for instance), then adding change in sensory perception, then dissociation.
Now this last bit is IMO important because dissociation plus psychedelia can amount to OBE's and very altered states of consciousness. This many of us already know from combinations of psychedelics with dissociatives. However, psychedelics can function as the dissociative as well on their own.
But if the dissociation happens too rapidly or in an environment where it's too hard to cope with this the dissociation can equal derealization because your internalized psychedelicized experienced are not in sync anymore with what is really happening. And that can lead to these delerium-like states 2C-Xes like 2C-T-7 are also imfamous for.

But make no mistake: 2C-B in a high dose under the wrong circumstances can give you the same thing. But it's much harder to mess up than 2C-P.
2C-P is somewhat analogous to 2C-T-7 (although many agree that the 2C-T-X are additionally unpredictable), but in any case 2C-P seems infamous for intensity and unrelentlessness already.

Anyway that is a brief description of my view on mechanisms and a partial explanation for what happened. Which of the factors was the deciding one for this incident is unclear until more about the circumstances (including dosage) is revealed.
However it may be I think there was always extra caution presumed with 2C-P and I can get behind this extra warning - sorry this happened to him, regardless of what fault was his own.

There is a difference though between "this drug is evil" and "you should be very careful with this and make no mistake whatsoever", whether people have gotten away with 20 mg doses or not. Just some nuance, nothing more. :)

Yeah i saw this posted as well, poor guy went as far as to flush all his rc's. Also wondering on the dose taken.

it could have been any drug to do this to him, if your mind is susceptible to a psychotic break any psychedellic could have caused it/stimulants

Everyone has at least one bad trip, sometimes it's nice to have a sitter near by when it happens. If not you have to learn how to deal with it.

I have a feeling I know what he sort of experienced, I did high dose of 2C-E once 40ish mg and things at one point got psychotic. 2C-P being more potent I believe, he did too much.

Update:
"It wasnt from your batch, split. It was a sample i received from *snip* or something like that. And the entire sample was used (13-14mg), so there is nothing more from it that i could use to test. This was my first time with 2c-p, and the peak of the trip was fine and fun. As i started to come down the paranoia and manic state took hold. Dosed around 10 pm monday, had fun until about 6am tuesday, and from then on i was a pshychotic mess until friday night around 9-10 pm."

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. 2C-P is really strange stuff, and even before this, i was scared of it (1mg produced an unexpectedly strong response, very much delayed).

Yikes.

And the entire sample was used (13-14mg)

13-14 mg is definitely not a small dose - it's a full dose, for a full-on +++

in wrong context it could easily get one excessively & frighteningly spun.

& reading between the lines it seems as if your friend may have been a little spaced out already...

despite its intensity & reputation, i have only experienced beneficence from this molecule. so i certainly don't buy the idea that there's something malicious about 2C-P...

still, i wish your friend the best with his recovery, and hope that this incident will eventually result in a positive outcome for him :)

i've taken 2c-p 3 times, @ 8mg, 12mg, & 13mg, and also once at around 3mg, but that produced fairly little effect, so i'm not counting that one, and my trips have always been pretty uniformly pleasant & positive. However, i'm very glad i didn't jump right in at about 14mg (or possibly more, who know's how accurate the sample weight given is), as that was a very long lived & somewhat intense experience. IME, 2c-p doesn't have that fast, racing thoughts aspect like LSD, 2c-e, mushrooms & some 4 sub tryptamines. I still get interesting & strange thought loops, but they are much slower & easier to handle. The duration is the most daunting aspect of this chemical & if not prepared being in an altered state for that long could cause some people some problems..

IMO this is just more evidence for people carefully titrating their own doses. Almost if not all deaths & hospitalizations due to these newer exotic chemicals could be avoided if people would just be responsible, double or triple check the weight of their doses with a reasonably accurate scale & not jump right into the deep end on the first go.