Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

2C-N - First Time - Cathartic Release of Everything

Morninggloryseed

Bluelight Crew
2C-N - First Time - Childhood Memories

Sunday, May 9, 2004
140mg of 2, 5-dimethoxy-4-nitrophenethylamine

I awoke, and without prior planning I went to my cabinet to retrieve and swallow a capsule containing beautiful pumpkin-colored crystals of 2C-N hcl. I had nothing in my stomach but a little bit of an apple when I ate with the pill. This was my first time working with 2C-N. I don’t have any idea why I suddenly did this; it just seemed like a great way to start a Sunday morning. Based on what I had read, I was expecting a five-hour experience that wouldn’t be too memorable. Boy was I wrong!

I started reading my Sunday paper and within just twenty minutes, the material kicked in. I experienced a stimulating lift and that warm “phenethylamine” feeling. As the effects increased, a sense of bodily malaise also set in. I had planned on riding my bicycle to the mountains to trip in nature, but I just was not feeling well anymore and was not up to it. The effects continued to grow in intensity, as did my bodily discomfort. It reminded me of the negative body energy I get during the first-hour of 2C-E, but this was much worse. It bordered on being debilitating. Mentally I could feel a psychedelic trip developing, but it was nothing too interesting yet.

About an hour into the trip, I thought I should inhale some nitrous oxide in the hopes that I would break-through this unpleasant feeling in my body. The effects of the gas was incredible and it did indeed “break me through.” After the nitrous oxide, I was at a full plus-three and tripping very profoundly with no bodily unease. I was utterly stunned in fact. I expected that the 2C-N would not produce a state this deep. Mentally, it seemed unique but still had a feeling common to all of the other 2Cs I’ve tried. Visually, I was most reminded of 2C-B.

From about an hour in, to the four-hour point I experienced no discomfort of any sort. Just became immersed in a fantastically deep psychedelic trip. I thought about man, I thought about war, I thought about me. I thought about my loved ones. My mind was everywhere, yet each thought came to me gently. None of the confusion or pushiness of LSD. Very nice state, very introspective, very meaningful.

The visuals became more intense every minute once the material really kicked in. Soon everything was moving, and the world took on a “whirlwind” look. It was very intense. Then I really started to leave "this" reality, as my thoughts became one with the visuals. Another way of describing this state is that I was seeing my thoughts in the objects surrounding me. It was fantastically mind-expanding, and such an easy psychedelic for gaining insights. This unlike 2C-B or 2C-C, where you have to focus to get really introspective. It was all dramatically impressing to me, and soon I thanked the Universe deeply for allowing me to experience this fantastic, profound, and beautiful state of mind. Was this a plus-four? Maybe! It was definitely not like anything I’ve experienced before on any psychedelic.

At some point, my visuals and thoughts shifted towards childhood. I was back in kindergarten. The visual effects morphed my living area into my old classroom compete with students. I did not interact with anyone, but rather I was an observer. This brought back all sorts of forgotten childhood memory. I am not sure how long this lasted, but it seemed like I reviewed my entire life as a small child. The memories were sharp and clear, and definitely of real events. Over time I guess, they got pushed back into my subconscious. Now they were clear and accessable. During some point in the experience, I stepped “out of the trip” for a second and remarked to myself how deep and heavy this all was. What a fantastic tool this is for accessing the subconscious. No psychedelic has ever brought back long-lost memories. Fantastic!

Next, I was camping outside when I was about nine-years old in Florida with my family. Again, I did not interact with anyone. But the memories were vivid. I could actually smell the salt air. And my room was transformed into a beach at night. I thought about my pre-teen years and how different I was then. The connection to myself was phenomenal. Is this the tool for access to the inner self? Now, I was at a definite plus-four. I again thanked the Universe for gracing me with this privileged state of mind. Then things began to change.

I noticed pressure increasing in my intestine. I felt like a balloon blowing up with gas. Eventually, sitting in any position very uncomfortable. Soon, I was in severe pain from the bloating, just slightly moving caused me to groan in discomfort. My whole stomach was rock-hard. Then, I began to vomit up the small bit of apple as well as all this stomach acid. But the worst was not over. Next, the 2C-N produced the most severe diarrhea I have ever experienced. It lasted a solid twenty minutes and the experience resulted in some very severe pain from the bloating. I was nearly in tears, it was that bad. And this was not ordinary diarrhea; my intestines literally poured everything out. I honestly believe my whole bowels drained. I also became a bit dehydrated and nearly considered calling a friend to come and save me because I was not sure what was happening to me and felt very frail.

The "dirty rain" finally stopped after a solid twenty minutes of it pouring out, and I took a bath to clean myself up. Filthy from the sweat pouring from me, and all else, I had to cleanse myself. Then drank some Gatorade and took 500mg of table salt in a capsule to help with the dehydration. I felt much better but was very shaken up from the whole experience. There was nothing but a small amount of an apple in my stomach, and the night before my meal was light. I do not believe food/or lack of played a role in what happened.

After the bath, everything was better. I lay out on my couch and just thought about everything. Especially how delicate the body is, and pondered on the fact that I felt I might have died when it was happening. Once more, I thanked the Universe for life. I was grateful for having survived such a physically violent ordeal. All in all, I felt rather tired and rather “spent,” but was grateful that the worst was over. Once again, I survived.

Other than the body-malaise in the beginning, and the horrible events at the end…2C-N was fantastic. During the peak, I felt no body-issues and was brought to a fantastically deep place. In the end, it ended up being a very cleansing trip (literally and mentally.) The experience of revisiting my childhood was priceless and a true gift. I’ll always treasure the moments of feeling six and nine again. Never will I forget the events that occurred.

However, I will never take 2C-N again because, as good as the trip was, I would never willingly put myself in that pain again. The visual experience which eventually resulted in my thoughts becoming my perceptions was so incredible and unique. I was somewhat upset that it was not consumed outside, but I'm glad I wasn't because I want to be in the privacy of my home when my bowels go into “purge” mode. It is a shame I can never return, but I am grateful for my one visit. I am anxious to see more people try this one. If these physical side-effects are not the norm, then I feel 2C-N would make a very valuable medicine in a variety of psychotherapeutic applications. More research is needed.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_2cn
substancecode_phenethylamines
explevel_firsttime
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing
exptype_lifechanging
exptype_bodyload
exptype_difficult
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
It sounds like an awsome material. Still with the side effects you
got I am willing to try it. These memories did they appear very
vivid or was it dreamy like? And were your eyes open or closed?

I have had GI reactions like that to other PEAs, notably 2C-E. I have found it is very inconsistent and does not happen every time, nor even as often as 1/4 of the time.

I'm not suggesting you try 2C-N again, but diarrhea may not be a consistent side-effect for everyone.

Still, it is enough to make me less than excited about trying this one.

This shit needs to get on erowid. no pun intended.

Thinking about this, maybe you were actually near to death, and that gave your trip some of it's profundity. I cant really say, though, because Im sure as fuck not going to take it, ever. Heh. And im sure youve had some serious G-I adventures given your addictions.

^^
I have a feeling it will be on Erowid very shortly ;)

Nice report MGS... looks like one I'll pass over for the time being, unless most other people don't get those side effects.

Sounds like an amazing breakthrough trip though.

You should know by now to expect the most from the chemicals you expect the least of :)

Sounds like you had up's and down's.. I probably won't be experimenting with any of the other 2C's aside from 2C-C (or possibly 2C-B and 2C-T-7 if I were to ever come across them) because I am planning on starting on some of the Tryptamines. However, it seems like you had an interesting experience, despite the side effects. Those sound horrible.

"No psychedelic has ever brought back long-lost memories. Fantastic!"

that sounds a lot like ibogaine.

sorry to hear about the bad effects, though.

I cant believe such an experienced psychonaut would consider leaving the safety of their home for a first time experience with such a drug.

It's doesn't purely involve safety either - a person wandering around incapacitated is a serious threat to the reputation of a drug - particularly one so unknown to the general public such as this.
My key concern is that you were not experienced with this specific material in any way whatsoever.

However, you did remain at home but state that you had wanted to cycle to the mountains, to trip in nature.

Glad you're ok though - this feeling of not wanting to try the drug again is unfortunate but understandable. Did you feel as if there had been any significant physical damage (of a duration greater than 1 week) afterwards?

I live in a small "hippyish" town in the mountains. Smart or not, being outside here is not like running around NYC while tripping. I've done that in Queens with a medium dosage of LSD, and my town is not like that! When I trip outside here I hike up to a small mountain known as Settler's Park, which is a small mountain ten minutes (by bicycle) from my home. On top of the mountain are two peaks called "Red Rocks" and this is where I go to trip.

The bike path starts one block from my home and takes me directly there. This is my main "tripping spot" and many of the experiences you read about in my reports occurred there. I don't wander the town aimlessly. I go to my mountain and stay in one place. Done it many times before. I've been tripping for almost fifteen years and only once when smoking Salvia divinorum did I ever lose my ability to control my behavior. That was the last time I worked with that entheogen. I'm not saying I'm super-human or will never lose control. Just saying I don't seem to be one to be susceptible to it.

It's not that I'm about to defend my actions here because I feel some need to, or argue if they were "smart" or not, I'm just going to tell you how it is here where I live because I love how it is, and feel proud and fortunate to live in such a place.

My town is perfect as they get for tripping and I don't see anything unsafe about being out in and about where I live during such states, assuming a reasonable dosage is taken. In addition, we have so many schizophrenic transients that come here in summer, in additional to the native "freaks", and you can't tell who is tripping and who always has crazy eyes!

In the city park which is along a creek, everyone is wandering around aimlessly doing their own thing as the marijuana smoke fans out with the breeze. There is a constant "happening" at the creek park which runs a few miles along the length of this town's main body of water. The "general public" is used to seeing "weird" people about. That's just how this town is. A majority of the people who live here are into meditation, yoga, and other natural consciousness-altering behaviors. People here respect privacy and don't tend to bother others who look content in the wilderness and obviously don't want to be bothered. As long as you are not creating a serious public disturbance, no one is going to bother you or go, "Hey that person looks like they may be tripping...better call the cops."

And the police are generally "cool" about my lifestyle anyway. Pot and psychedelics are effectively decriminilized here and overlooked. The police do not care about pot, and nothing can be done about any 2C-N I swallowed. I wouldn't tell a cop I was tripping, and I wouldn't leave the house with a vial of the stuff on me. The cops big thing here is drunk drivers anyway. Good. I hate 'em too. This town is a hippy/health freak/alternative people/college town. The cops are used to people you would consider "strange" in most US cities.

Plus I figured from the reports that the material would be mild. I've truly learned my lesson now about not taking PIHKAL by word. I don't know why it didn't really sink in a year ago when I tried DiPT. But this time it took. I guess also with 2C-N being a phenethylamine, I figured I would have had a clear head (which I did) and would have no problems being in public. I would have been fine outside too except for the part when it started "raining dirty water."

These memories did they appear very
vivid or was it dreamy like? And were your eyes open or closed?

My eyes were open and it was very vivid. It was as if I were there. The walls of my house literally transformed into whatever I was thinking about. It was perhaps the most incredible state I've ever experienced. I'd love to try it again, but even if there was only a 25% chance I'd experience those side-effects...that's too much for me. I wasn't joking when I said the pain was so severe I was almost in tears. Never again.

Hessel said:
Heh. And im sure youve had some serious G-I adventures given your addictions.

Opium never ripped up my system like that. Nothing has. And to who asked, no...the side-effects were gone that evening. I felt fine after the 2C-N wore off.

Last edited:
Nice trip report. You said you had a body load at the beginning and the end of the trip, do you feel the nitrous helped reduce that during the middle (not just intensified the trip but actually made your body feel better)? What about taking another hit of nitrous further along into your trip, do you think that could help prevent the sickness at the end?

Anyways this sounds like a very interesting compound. Can't wait to read more reports. %)

Yes, the first balloon broke me out of the bodyload and I felt fine until the other side effects kicked in. No, nitrous oxide would not have stopped what happened then.

I'm intrigued enough to seriously consider checking this out. The body load sounds gnarly, but then again you got a possible ++++ experience, and that is a highly elusive state.

Kind of a drag that the dosage is so high, but it sounds like a substance that wouldn't be used all that often anyways.

..Safety of the home? My home is in the wild. It's the only place I even feel safe on psychedelics.

To be honest, there are a few psychedelics that have brought out long lost memories for me. Cannabis is one of the main ones, but Morning Glory seeds and Salvia have brought out really deep things that I haven't thought about in years.

jebusjoe2003 said:

2C-N definitely sounds interesting, though. I may give it a go sometime after I try 2C-E.

Have fun with that, 2c-e is some good drugs. =D I really liked 2c-I as well... but my side effects were worse with 15 mg 2ce than 35mg 2c-I. dont plan in eating/drinking;)

re: 2CN First Time

Another great report MGS, as we have come to expect and look forward to from you.

I must say however, the adverse reaction you describe is disturbing. How do you know the severe reaction described is attributable entirely to the 2CN? I don't want to alarm you, but perhaps the 140 mgs of 2CN in your gut merely aggravated some underlying, pre-existing physical problem. I would look into this possibility, particularly if you have had similar experiences with other chems(I think you said you had a similar reaction with 2CT2).

Also, your report suggests that the nitrous hit you took had a significant effect on the course of the trip. I think we need to avoid the tendency to think of secondary substances imbibed during a drug experience (such as nitrous or marjiuana) as some sort of 'psychedelic gravy' that does not contribute significantly to the overall experience.

Almost nothing is known about 2CN or how it interacts with other drugs, including nitrous. The fact that you did a nitrous chaser may have brought about a drug experience quite different than 2CN would ever have been alone.

There really is no such thing as 'psychedelic gravy' or negligable chasers - especially when you're doing uncharted RCs. You didn't do 2CN- you did 2CN with a nitrous chaser. The two could be very different experiences.

I feel compelled to add that I think the high dosage required for 2CN is a recipe for disaster. Some fool is inevitably going to make a mistake and do 150 mgs of 2CE or 2CP or 2C-T-21, thinking its 2CN.

Finally, I'd like to comment on your remark about childhood memories, as I had a very similar experience on 250 mgs of DPT (insufflated). It seemed not so much that I was 'remembering' the past as I was reliving it- as though I had gone back in time and was seeing it all again for the first time.

Like your experience, it seemed to trigger primarily early childhood memories. One peculiar aspect of my experience is that some of the distant memories it triggerred were of quite mundane, forgettable events- specifically, old television commercials. I was hearing perfect replays of television commercials that haven't aired for twenty years.

I found this latter aspect of the experience kind of creepy in retrospect- to realize how much shallow, trivial meaningless crap (like muffler commericals from 1982) we keep stored in our brain, which, with the appropriate stimulus, can apparently be made to come pouring out uncontrollably. Made me feel very 'machine like' in a decidedly creepy but fascinating way.

Last edited:
Wow, this substance sounds very intriguing. It's too bad that you had to have those nasty side effects, hopefully that is not standard for everyone.
Great Report. ++

I don't discount that the nitrous oxide may have had some sort of synergestic effect with the 2C-N, though I've done balloons on many other substances and it was much of the same. I inhaled, left, and came back. The place was the same, I just felt better. I came off it before the trip got really intense in fact. It's just the balloon helped me finally get out of my body and seemed to then relieve the initial discomfort when I came back. I was pretty much at a soft plus-three before the balloon, but the body was keeping me "down" if that makes any sense.

But yeah, I know first hand cannabis (which I did not smoke any of this time until later that evening) will dramatically alter the intensity and nature of another psychedelic.

As for underlining physical issues with my body, I can't make any comment. I've stupidly not been to a doctor in years. I should see one and will consider your words a message to me that I am.

2C-T-2 is rough as far as making me vomit, but it never cause the horribly painfull diarrhea I experienced with 2C-N. 2C-T-7 also makes me vomit, so did 2C-T-4. The 2C-Ts I've tried just seem to do that. The vomiting with 2C-N was fairly mild. It was the purging at the other end that was horrible.

I'm not sure what the fact that 2C-N requires a high dosage has to do anything as far as me. Maybe you didn't address it at me but it was in the middle of words that were. My only response is it is not my fault 2C-N requires over 100mg to trip, and if someone is dumb enough to take 150mg of 2C-E 'cause they read I dosed 140mg of 2C-N, that isn't my fault. One should not buy 2C-E or 2C-P or 2C-whatever until they have read all the literature that is out there and know what the dosages are for each.

In conclusion, I don't discount anything you said. Perhaps the balloon did change the nature of my trip. Who is to know?

But I write my reports as diaries of what happened. I do not recommend people do the things I do, and can not be held responsible for any decisions anyone makes who reads my reports. Nowhere in a single one will you see me recommending anything I do to anyone else. That, "Some fool is inevitably going to make a mistake and do 150 mgs of 2CE or 2CP or 2C-T-21, thinking its 2CN" is not my problem. They would have to be pretty dumb and bound for disaster anyway because 2C-N is bright orange. Not likely to be confused with something else.

Oh, and thank you for saying I write nice reports. I appreciate it.

14.gif

re: MGS 2CN First Time

morningloryseed wrote:
"I'm not sure what the fact that 2C-N requires a high dosage has to do anything as far as me. Maybe you didn't address it at me but it was in the middle of words that were. My only response is it is not my fault 2C-N requires over 100mg to trip, and if someone is dumb enough to take 150mg of 2C-E 'cause they read I dosed 140mg of 2C-N, that isn't my fault. One should not buy 2C-E or 2C-P or 2C-whatever until they have read all the literature that is out there and know what the dosages are for each."

I didn't mean to imply in any way that if someone inevitably takes 140 mgs of, say, 2CE or 2CP, it would be your fault. In fact, your trip reports are consistently well written, informative and balanced and if anything, have probably prevented any number of such accidents.

The main source people use for dosage guidelines for RCs, particularly the more uncharted RCs like 2CN, is PIHKAL, which describes dosages in the 150 mg range for 2CN. My intended point was simply that the presence now of a chemical that requires a dose in the >120 mg range in a sea of chemicals for which such a dosage would be a severe overdose is unsettling, and I fear that such an overdose is inevitable, whether it be the result of careless users taking 100+ of the wrong chem or, even scarier, an incompetent supplier getting their chems mixed up.

In the past, certain suppliers have mistakenly sold 5-MEO-AMT as AMT, resulting in some disastrous and very well publicized overdoses. The thought of a similar accident happenning with 2CN makes the brain reel -imagine doing 100+ mgs of 2CE.... :(

Fortunately, 2CN appears to have a very distinctive, pumpkin-like color, and hopefully this fact will make such mistakes that much more avoidable. It might be a good idea for anyone who happens to buy what is alleged to be 2CN in a capsule form to open the capsule up and inspect the color before consuming. (Inspecting and weighing anything received in capsule form before ingesting is, in my opinion, a necessary safety precaution anyway ;)).

In any event, I apologize for any confusion that may have arisen by my placing my concerns about 2CN dosage in the midst of my comments about your trip report- it was not intended in any way as a criticism of you or your post. ;)

Last edited:
Personally, the availability of such potent chemicals like 2C-P and 5-MeO-AMT scare more than things that require a big dose like 2C-N, methylone, MBDB, BDB, etc. The fact that a bit of powder that looks like a couple of salt grains can send someone into a trip that lasts 12 hours is more frightening to me that something weak like 2C-N.

And no need to appologize. :) All is well.

Last edited: