• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines 2c-e won't dissolve fully?

Delta-9-THC

Bluelighter
I got what is supposed to be 2c-e. I tried dissolving 50mg in 50ml of distilled water but I can still see little white flecks floating around. It is possible that some of the flecks are just gunk that was on my measuring cup but I don't think so.

Is this okay? It was rumored that this source may not be sending what was ordered but there are mixed reports. One person said they where sent badly cut methylone but others said it was great. Does this suggest that it is either not 2c-e or cut or both if it won't dissolve?

Is it safe to try a small amount at a time until I feel effects?

Gently increase heat until it goes into solution. As for the validity of the product, there's no way you can know without GC/MS analysis.

Yea I know that I was just wondering if that fact that it won't dissolve properly suggests that is something other than 2c-e. Judging from you response though I guess not.

How much heat exactly? Can I just put it in a hot bath?

I have no trouble dissolving 2C-E in room temperature water (65-70 F)... Usually 20 mg in 5 ml. It only takes 3-5 minutes to dissolve. Sounds like something is amiss.

Yea I think I might have been tricked. What a waste of money if that's true.

I feel obligated to try a small amount though just to make sure before I accuse someone of scamming.

Yes, I'm sorry I should have mentioned that -- 2C-E should dissolve pretty well at room temperature. But who knows, even in lab at school I have a hard time getting soluble compounds fully into solution sometimes, and need to add gentle heat.

Alright well I tried heating it in the bath, gradually turning the heat up for a few minutes. The water began to turn to vapor and condense on the sides. It did not help unfortunately. Still a bunch of white flecks in there. While it be at all accurate anyway if I wanted to try 5ml (5mg)?

I don't wanna throw it out unless i'm sure its fake.

^Dosen't mean there' no 2c-e in there, it could just have an insoluble impurity. Take a small dose to try and determine potency.
Most compounds increase in solubility with warm water. There are exceptions though, such as magnesium and calcium salts.

Well there's no way to tell for sure how much of the mixture could be 2C-E, it could be cut with an insoluble compound, it could be only an insoluble compound, it could be a mixture of a non-2c-e soluble compound and an insoluble compound....the variables could go on and on. Unfortunately I really don't think we can be of much help in this instance.

I must say that if heating the solution didn't help, then it might not be too probable that it's 2C-E.

Just keep stirring that shit man, took me a long while to get a gram into distiller water. I was very careful to have absolutely no solid clumps, and it was a bit time consuming.

Yes ^

edit: well, it's most common in that form. Although I'm sure it can be freebased or whatever-the-fuck.

I've never seen anyone sell 2c-e as anything other than salt. Of course making it into a base is entirely possible, just not very common.

hmm... im a chem student, not sure if using a base as a solvent would affect the structure of the drug, though it should be pretty stable.

Well 2c-e's much more stable as a salt(ie acid), so I dont see any reason to dissolve it in a basic solvent, as this would just encourage it to become freebase 2c-e and force it out of solution.

It did not come labelled(it said chem10 on it) and it's not on the site but I am assuming it is the most common form.

It does look like the powder on erowid (very fluffy) but that probably doesn't mean to much.
Maybe I should try to add a little more heat for longer.

2c-e is pretty fluffy, my first guess would be that its some type of impurity, if its a very small amount of stuff that won't dissolve, second most likely would be something that was inside the measuring cup or whatever you used to pour the water. Beyond that I wouldn't even want to guess. I believe 2c-e glows under uv light, I know for sure 2c-i does, but can't remember for sure about 2c-e. hope that helps

I also once had some 2c-e that wouldn't dissolve fully at a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Things that help are: adding more distilled water or some alcohol, and adding a bit of citric acid (which also strangely improves the flavor). That said, if you shake the colloidal solution before you measure out your dose, it should be distributed evenly (this worked for me and some friends, in each case). I think in my case, the reason the 2c-e didn't dissolve was that I (stupidly) used tap-water instead of dh20

agitation and heat will almost always get a phenethylamine into solution.

Its being stubborn because the powder flakes can become quite dense (impenetrable to water even!). Thats where shaking (agitation) comes into play. Break that shit up!

I've dissolved 20-30mg in .5ml before so its pretty soluble. Just had to really stir it in, I've never added heat just kinda tried crushing the flakes or pushing them against the surface while mixing.