• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Set and Setting

Solo trip

I don't know if this is normal for everyone, but I've definitely noticed that whenever I trip on 2-ce, I usually see generally the same kinds visuals where ever I am.

For example, the carpet has turned into a mass of tiny lizards, crawling all over each other -and all over me, every time- even with different kinds of carpet.

Last time I tripped, the doors on my closet turned into a face, and it tried to talk to me.

:)

Hey, I've acquired 500 mg of 2C-E, and I was wondering where any of you would recommend tripping. I will have my house for an entire weekend alone, but, perhaps a park or the local gardens. Just wondering if the vomiting side of 2C-E is a wise thing to do in public since two friends of mine were caught by the police while on shrooms and smoking pot. They have been royally fucked.

first time i took 2ce was about 15mg and i went to a rave.... O_O i have never tripped so hard. So many colors... the bass from the music was just covering and smothering me like a blanket. it was so weird. very fun with nitros too. was laughing my ass off

Erebus- said:
Hey, I've acquired 500 mg of 2C-E, and I was wondering where any of you would recommend tripping. I will have my house for an entire weekend alone, but, perhaps a park or the local gardens. Just wondering if the vomiting side of 2C-E is a wise thing to do in public since two friends of mine were caught by the police while on shrooms and smoking pot. They have been royally fucked.
Hey, hope I'm not too late to give you input.

Do it in your home esp if its the first time you're going for a +3!

For me, 2CE is a very intimate and personal drug and I like to take it and lay down and spin off into my thoughts. I would not want to be in public on a large dose of it, no sirr-ee!!

peace,
samdhi

Last edited by a moderator:
Highly recommend; Sex, sex, SEX! Its so fantastic on 2C-E. Also suggest Nitrous, it'll rock your trip into another place and time.

I think at home in a comfortable place for the come up it 100% crucial.

Took 40 mg of 2C-E at the big music festival in Indio California. Not exactly pleasant, audio sensory overload, along with severe nausea, but a ++++ ego death and such topping it off with Metric, Roger Waters and Justice.
I will probably never take 2C-E ever again, or atleast not for a long time. It made me feel so shitty, my mind had a fight to the death/life with itself in a sea of blood frothing with feces.
Along with this I might add that tripping in such a venue is not that good of an idea, I am very surprised that my two friend and I did not lose anything of value like our wallets among the 120,000 people that were there at any given point.

Choose caution with this one, especially with high dosages and in a public setting.

Top 5 Favorite Bands To Listen to while under the influence of 2c-e.

1. Tool. Anemia and Lateralus (side by side)

2. The Mars Volta. Amputechture, Frances The Mute ( The bedlam in goliath is too hard to listen to while High on this substance... the complexity gave me a headache)

3. Porcupine Tree. In Absentia, Metanoia, Pure Narcotic

4. Simon Posford Hallucinogen(Jamaican DUB remix Album)

5. Modest Mouse: Me and the guy from Modest mouse share the exact same thought shapes.... i've come to the conclusion my normal every day ramblings are alot like his lyrics... and i didnt start liking them until a Couple months ago.... everything by them is amazing....

I find that meditating more than usual and having a quiet serene setting will really help increase the profundity of the experience. I'm hesitant to really use the shulgin scale terminology as I think things are a little more complex than they make it out to be, but I suppose for shorthand it is useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm about to use 2C-E for the first time (first time with any of the 2C-xs).

I'm thinking to start with 10mg orally (in gel cap).

Any advice as to set/setting, etc? I find that with most psychedelics I've experienced, I prefer to be outdoors.

Peacelove,
Aldousage

i found walking on relatively low doses of 2CE (10mg for me would be thresholdish) to be reallllly good. Walk somewhere where there are trees so you can look at the pretty leaves.

Have a great trip! Feel the love brother! <3

Aldousage said:
I'm about to use 2C-E for the first time (first time with any of the 2C-xs).

I'm thinking to start with 10mg orally (in gel cap).

Any advice as to set/setting, etc? I find that with most psychedelics I've experienced, I prefer to be outdoors.

Peacelove,
Aldousage

Going for a walk is usually good. Dont' be suprised if you don't feel anything from 10mg. I tried 10mg my first time (it was my first research chem) and didn't feel anything but placebo probably. Then, 15 with nothing. Then 18 and was quite overwhelmed, and not necessariliy in a good way.

I usually like going outdoors, but 2c-e makes me want to stay inside for some reason. I usually experience a lot of love and joy on psychedelics, where I like to experience sunshine and the beauty of nature, but with 2c-e I just go deep in thought.

Hmmm, no I don't think I'll be using 2C-E for an upcoming gig that has Kraftwerk and The Orb playing (among others). But then again, I've never been big on phenethylamines.

I think I'll do 4-ACO-DMT or possibly 4-HO-MET instead. But yes, 2C-E can be interesting in some social settings. It is also VERY conducive to long walks (as others have said).

It's mainly the body load that irks me most. Plus it does have a dark side to it, certainly darker than other psycedelics I've ingested...

There are many sides to 2C-E, it's certainly a crazy one. I prefer taking it alone, or with one or 2 other people. it's very much an "in-the-mind" psychedelic. i've also taken it at a multi-day, outdoor festival in the mountains of BC, and had a great time there, but I'm also very comfortable with the substance, and everyone around me was tripping on something (even if it was just the psychedelicness of the event itself), so it was a very relaxed, welcoming and safe place to trip. I don't see myself taking it in any other kind of social situation though. not at any sort of indoor concert event, or bar, or restaurant.

Someone sold my friend and I two gel capsules of what he claims to be 2c-e at a rave we went to last night. He said that what we bought was well enough for a nine hour trip (which I'm sure will differ for each individual.) He told us to snort the crystals and swallow the capsule. I'm not sure how I can even judge the amount that is in the capsule, is there a way to measure it easily?

But my main question is about set and setting. I will be doing this drug with a girl I met about a month and a half ago at a rave. She is really awesome, and as I initially had feelings for her, I now see her as an individual that I want to become close friends with having no intention of starting a relationship.

I've done a fair amount of research on the effects of 2C-E and understand that it will most likely be a logical, analytical trip for the both of us. I have not had a lot of psychedelic experiences. I have done mushrooms once and had a horrible trip, but it was my first experience with psychedelics and I was young, depressed and in a poor setting. Since then I have done mescaline, dxm and lsa and have had positive experiences with them, especially mescaline. I have been in a very positive mental standpoint for the past four months. The girl I will be doing it with has more experience with psychedelics than I do, primarily with mushrooms. We are both somewhat introverted, and emotionally deep people. Ironically we are both INFP.

What is something that we could do together to promote a positive, or at least insightful experience? I'm thinking that being out in nature would be a good atmosphere, as both of us appreciate natural beauty in a deep, personal level. I hear that long walks are highly enjoyable while on 2c-e. I want to have music nearby so I could get a splitter and play something like The Orb or Global Communication. But I'm wondering if one might become anxious being out in nature for a long while while tripping on this drug.

Thanks for any input.

My experiences with 2C-E have almost exclusively been at home. However, I have tried low doses (less than or equal to 5mg) in public (at my University) with very slight effects that I enjoyed. I never had any anxiety doing this, although I have had a lot of experience with 2C-E now. I also find walking to be a great activity for 2C-E. But in general, I like to be at home near a jar of cannabis and some headphones when I'm taking a moderate - high dose of 2C-E :D

2C-E seems very highly temperamental to setting. I really like to have my entire surroundings clean before I take it, and I also try to keep some kinds of food/beverage I like on hand in case I need them. I would still consider 2C-E at a higher dose in public, likely at an event. I rarely get nausea from 2C-E, luckily. I often find that any nausea I do experience is related to anxieties I need to work through in my head. Or that's how it always seems to me.

So we should maybe stick indoors? Do we need a lot of stimulating things like music, art, literature, toys, etc?

"socially & emotionally neutral", "introspective in a carnal way" --those are awesome, right-on descriptions. for me, ~5 mg insufflated causes a nice stimulating body high that works well in a party setting, although its easy to slip up to that level where a strange almost toxic seeming body ache occurs. at a hardy dose, say, 20 mg, it can be a terrific "entheogen". trying to manipulate it into an "empathogen" is not a fruitless endeavor, but i feel thats not where it shines. low dose insufflated turns it into quite a different stuff.

Highly recommend; Sex, sex, SEX! Its so fantastic on 2C-E. Also suggest Nitrous, it'll rock your trip into another place and time.

I think at home in a comfortable place for the come up it 100% crucial.

sex was crazy good! over @over@over @ over...... You get the idea. And after everytime I got off I would have to dash to bathroom to puke. The rush was that over welming. kinda embarrassing though. but it was the same for her. We'de race to bathroom laughing our crazy minds off. We did this a few times.Need to get a script for one of those puking medicines. That would help I think? Anyone tried any meds. for puking?

^ Think somebody mentioned a low dose of dramamine or diphenhydramine was good for 2C-nausea. Never tried it myself (cos I plug me 2Cs which eliminates any nausea for me) but I know it was discussed recently and seemed to be effective for those that had tried it :)

Most of my dog's 2C-E experiences are at home in varied settings. Wife may be home, may not, visitor or may not. The most profound experiences come solo. Once my dog developed some familiarity with this one, he found going in public during periods when he "has it together" is entertaining and often enlightening.

My dog once thoroughly enjoyed a trip to Walgreens for TP, kleenex, and pistachios. Very social and happy this time. Other times my dog won't even go on the porch due to the "fear". 2C-E is as variable/malleable as any psychedelic my dog has sampled. My dog has also enjoyed eating out with his wife on 2C-E. Often my dog gets very hungry on 2C-E.

Nausea: Early in 2C-E experiments my dog would get nauseous without vomiting. This nausea as well as uncomfortable body load seems to be more mental than physical and rarely deals with this phenomena now. He has also noticed promethazine (phenergan) at 12.5mg eliminates nausea without blurring effects. 25mg of benadryl has similar anti-emetic properties when on PEAs for my dog.