Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Set and Setting

bachus

Bluelighter
Not in public?

This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-E thread in which to discuss set and setting considerations. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-E set and setting to this thread.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The general opinion on 2C-E is that it is unsuitable for use in a public setting and unsuited to a party environment.

Having titrated my dose (18mg) in a private setting a couple of times (very beautiful visually, delicious aurally, no ego loss, sexy) I decided to put it to the test in a public setting (a major psychedelic trance club event). It was delightful (the come-up was a little rough with some nausea and muscle tremors but it soon settled down). I was dancy, talkative, immersed in the beauty of the light and music, and quite happy to be surrounded by strangers looking weired and going nuts. This was consistent with my mindset. My psychonautic partner was in full agreement on how the trip went (except she escaped the body load on come-up. She had eaten only lightly a couple of hours before while I had had a pretty large meal)

I think an art gallery would be a fine place to see on this chem.

Has any BLer personally tested this in a club or other populous environment and wished they hadn't or are we just repeating hearsay and opinion?

B

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done it in public once and it was far from a disaster. But I think it depends on your personality. 2C-E doesn't bring as much euphoria and gregariousness as many other chems, and if you are naturally shy and quiet I think it is not going to help you out at all. 2C-E is emotionally and socially neutral; if you bring your own positive social mindset to the trip, you'll be fine, I'd say, in public or in private.

Me, I'm not the world's most social person, and I HATE crowded enviroments, but I can generally get by in public. I'm no agoraphobe. As a result, tripping in public on 2C-E was not my favorite thing, and left me a little anxious and drained (I was sweating pretty heavily at one point), but as I said, it was not a disaster by any means. I flirted the hell out of the cute coffee shop waitress at one point. =D

I wouldn't want to be in public for an extended period of time on 2C-E. It's way too introspective in a carnal way. ..I don't get a body load from 2C-E at all. It's very easy in that sense. 2C-I at 15mgs and 2C-D at 40mgs gave me a somewhat uncomfortable body load, and 20mgs of 2C-I's body load took alot away from the experience. Up to 16mgs of 2C-E has not made me uncomfortable at all.

I would think using 2c-e in public would involve the same issues as with other general purpose psychedelics such as LSD or shrooms. Its going to depend upon your dose, the particular public setting you are going to be in, and your personal feelings that you develop in that setting.

2ce in public mini trip report

(In a lucid dream) I have taken 2ce on 3 occasions. Twice indoors on my own with doses of about 12mg's (i hope) which i found to be pretty strong. I didn't feel up to going out in public.

I have also tried 2ce at the dose of 8.5mg, which i took in order to go to a local techno club night. I thought that 2ce might be good for something like this in smaller doses. I have a friend who has used 2ce in this way on several occasions so I had reason to believe that it might be worthwhile.

I was surprised at the strength of experience that could be gained at such a low dosage. Sometimes I would feel almost sober, other times I would disappear off on hypnotic mental tangents completely divorced from reality for unknown amounts of time.

I found that i could indeed enjoy myself in the club environment but it was definitely a more difficult an experience than going either sober or on E would have been. I seemed to be thinking too much for the environment i was in.

I managed to find some E and took 3 pills over the space of about 4 hours. This combined nicely with the 2ce and definitely allowed me to enjoy immersion in the music and environment more than just the 2ce on its own.

I found that the 2ce seemed to lessen the strength of the mdma experience. I definitely experienced a significant mdma high, but i seemed more aware of myself and better able to think than i normally would have been had i taken that quantity of E. I found myself wondering about whether the 2ce was partially blocking the uptake receptors that mdma was trying to bind to. The fact i was thinking about such a thing whilst UTI is typical of the difference between 2ce+mdma and just mdma.

The afterparty i ended up at was small but i had several enjoyable conversations at a higher level of intelligence than I’d have been able to make had i not taken the 2ce. I felt more mentally alert than I should have done.

I would repeat this experience, though i might take a little less 2ce next time. I would combine 2ce with mdma if i was going to an interesting night (psytrance, say) at a familiar club where i could feel secure.

The e's that where taken where of high quality but low strength. I would say that 3 of them where roughly equal to two normal strength pills. I was able to test this sans 2ce on another occasion. My tolerance is not particularly high.

I am having to rely on liquid measurement to measure out my 2ce since i don't have expensive scales. I have tried to calibrate my liquid at 1mg/ml but i cannot be sure how close i am. I think i could be out by as much as 30%, so what i thought to be 8.5mg's could be either 11mg or 6mg's. This is not ideal, but at least i can repeat / vary a given dosage reliably.

This has turned into a bit of a trip report but i meant it as an addition to the discussion about taking 2ce in public. Hope that’s ok.

I'm going to reinforce the notion that setting is extremely important with this subtance. My first attempt with it (16mg) was with a bunch of mates drinking and not trip conducive at all, and I was always scared that it might be overwhelming, and I barely tripped at all.

My second attempt (20mg) however 8o ! .... I had it all set up perfectly. I decided I would keep my eyes closed at the 2 hours mark and not open them till I felt the peak hitting at the 3 hour mark. I set it up so I had my Dieselboy "Dungeounmaster's Guide" cd on with my amp and speakers booming all around me in pure darkness with 8,000 glow in the dark stars in pure darkness. I opened my eye when Basic Op's "the hand" kicked in and the stars were literally flying all over the room at what seemed like 10,000 km/hour. It was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. I then closed my eyes and felt like I was moving at that same speed and had to go to the head to puke because of motion sickness I presume (never has happened before).

Crazy shite. :)

Just curious, how does 2CE lend itself towards things like.

- Going outside / hiking / walking?
- Social settings : house parties, clubs, raves?

While my interest in 2CE is more for diving into the deeper and more serious side of psychedelics and not so much for recreational purposes, one of my favorite things to do on psychedelics is to pack up my backpack and go hiking for a few hours in the outdoors. - Does 2CE lend itself to as such? are is it the kind of trip that leaves you layed out flat on your couch/bed? (I'm fine with this also and have had many fine trips in such a state :p)

I have minimal interest in taking 2CE for clubs/parties, as it seems there is a number of other 2C's which seem to lend itself more to that (ie: 2CI), -- but still curious to know either way.

small gatherings and the outdoors. Going outside on 2c-e is terrific

I've really, really enjoyed taking long walks while on 2CE. YMMV.

never do this at a party.... i am quite suceptable to paranoia and i was at a fookin awesome party in brighton and took some 2c-e about half way through the night ... 15mg from my own stash (weighed using the mg/ml of liquid method) and i have no idea what happened i was a train wreck.... couldnt talk properly or think properly .... had perversly self centered thoughts the entire time.... everything was about me.... i couldnt deal with all the strangers..... went totally nuts.... felt fine after i came down tho.... much better.... defintaly not a party drug i have done it twice previously to this party with groups of friends out in nature rather than in a crouded hot swetty house with rediculously loud gabba and strangers going on..... its much better out doors and with a few ppl cuz i can actually follow conversation plus the music tended to overwelm my brain.......

peace n love

you'd probably have had a better time if you knew how much you actually took.

Just to give you an idea, a recent batch that was supposed to be 500mg was actually 692mg when weighed... that's even with some of the powder sticking to the bag...

That's a pretty big difference in dose.

I found that 12mg of 2C-E was conducive to a more social and fun trip but I wouldn't take it unless I could sit down somewhere and vege out, if need be. No matter the dose, there are always moments of extreme intensity for me.

alpha-methyl said:
Would 2c-e be okay to go on at a local concert?

While 2c-e is incredible with music, it tends to cause some pretty bad nausea, so I wouldn't recommend it. Take it from me, northing is more embarrassing than puking your guts out in a public place.

Outdoors will be a very good place for 2C-E. Most of my indoor trips with 2C-E have been a bit cold/analytical, but my outdoor ones have had much mroe warmth. On 2C-E you will almost surely feel like on LSD where it seems like everyone can tell (social anxiety). 2C-E is unlike most other phenethylamines... I'd say it's somewhat tryptamine-like in mental effect, but more grounded. I'm not really sure how to describe it. 2C-E is one of the powerful ones. Even a low dose will take you on a trip. It's very, very mental.

2C-E is a much deeper and more serious than the other 2C-X class.

it has all the length and intensity of a good strong mushroom trip

Intensity? Yes, it can. Length? I'd say 2C-E is much longer, around twice as long as mushrooms at least. It definitely lingers on. Also, 2C-E's sheer intensity seems a bit variable with me. Sometimes I'll feel very grounded and in my head, and sometimes it send me way out there somewhere like a tryptamine might. In fact the most fully I've ever been to the void was with 2C-E.

actually i've always felt great security from paranoia on 2ce. i've taken 2ce and gone wandering downtown in my city, through public parks and such. i spent six hours on mother's day tripping in a park next to a museum, had some amazing experiences, and talked to plenty of people without feeling like any of them "knew".

i'd also like to mention that 2ce has given friends of mine visuals who have never experienced visuals off other hallucinogens.

Do you think it is a product which can be used in a rave party? Can it make you dance ?

rodi26 said:
Do you think it is a product which can be used in a rave party? Can it make you dance ?

I would strongly advise against taking it in a social setting of any type other than a small gathering of close tripping friends. 2C-E is serious stuff, very much unlike the other 2C-Xs. You would almost surely feel very uncomfortable and awkward and overwhelmed in a rave setting. Plus it's not particularly energetic... it's actually pretty calm physically (unless it makes you get The Fear, in which case it can seem to really elevate your heartrate (not sure if it actually does or not though)).

Xorkoth said:
I would strongly advise against taking it in a social setting of any type other than a small gathering of close tripping friends. 2C-E is serious stuff, very much unlike the other 2C-Xs. You would almost surely feel very uncomfortable and awkward and overwhelmed in a rave setting. Plus it's not particularly energetic... it's actually pretty calm physically (unless it makes you get The Fear, in which case it can seem to really elevate your heartrate (not sure if it actually does or not though)).

Thanks, exactly what I was thinking.

^^I have had a handful of amazing experiences with 2c-e at concerts, though never at a rave. 2 high dose trips at the warped tour (40mg+, absolute insanity:)), and several lower dose trips (15-25mg) for other concerts. Most of these trips were at a local venue where I know most of the staff personally so I dont have to be concerned with the bouncers or anything like that. I dont think I would be as comfortable on 2c-e at an unfamiliar venue though:\.