• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Dosage and Methods of Administration

Have you taken 2C-x series chemicals before? That's a bit on the high side for a first time assuming it is in fact 2C-E. It will burn if you snort it, so be prepared for that. I would say the best first time roa is going to be oral.

Snort it if you want a quick onset, and snorting it will increase the effects a substantial amount as well. I'd still say eat it.

Last edited:
id consume it orally, imo to me the 2ce experience orally is more profound, the visuals last alot longer and get more intense, its more safe/cleaner that way imo aswel. everytime i have snorted it i got a terrible headache worse than when i get when orally consumed and it never came close to the orally route in terms of mentally and visually, always felt more umcomfortable aswel.

sublingually works well aswel ime.

I would eat the whole thing orally. If you don't have an awesome scale it is hard to determine what to do with.

You can snort it... I would say snort 5 mg.

You can probably eat the whole 20mg, though. It'll be intense, and it'll last a while. 2ce never thrashed me too hard. I've eaten 16 and tripped pretty hard, but 20mg isn't really that bad. IT can be easily handled if you have plenty of experience with shrooms and acid. If you've ever had strong trips on those, and even strong k experiences, I would say that you should be alright. It is a little high. If I was to give someone a first time dose, it would probably be between 12 and 18. Some people like it strong their first time though. If you take 20, their are pretty good chances that you will have a good experience, especially if you enjoy psychedelics and have good experiences with acid and mushrooms.

I've had rather strange experiences with differing doses of 2C-E - I feel like higher doses are actually more forgiving for me. I've had rough experiences on 10-15mg but I've taken > 30mg without any amount of negativity. This goes for the bodyload too, the uncomfortable feeling on the come up is actually worse for me with lower doses.

Am I just an oddity? Or has anyone else experienced this with 2C-E? I've wondered about it for a while. Admittedly most (but not all) of my higher dose experiences were when I was tripping more frequently so tolerance may have played a part but the low dose experiences were during that time too so..

in my experience, the bodyload was the worst, when i've been indoors and not very active. the best 2c-e trip i had was about 25mg outdoors on a hill where you can watch all over the city i live in. of course some bodyload, but not annoying at all, even though i puked^^

for me it doesn't really correlate with dose...

That might be the factor, since almost all of my high dose 2C-E experiences were at events or festivals, whereas more of my lower doses were at home inside.

I do feel like the key to managing that uncomfortable feeling is being active, dancing, running, walking etc - once you do it gives you limitless energy :)

2c-e dosing advice?

Hello this actually is my first post here, i have taken a small dose of 2c-e before it was 10mg dissolved in 5ml of distilled water taken orally. I had some mental effects and slight breathing. I am wondering for my next dose if I should take 15mg orally or 10mg via plugging. Which would be stronger?

I take around 10 mg insufflated usually, and that kicks in pretty hard for me and usually fast, too. I find that its a perfect dose for me, which is equivalent to around 20 mg orally i've heard. Keep increasing your dose slowly though, its worth it in the end. Nothing worse than overdoing it- maybe just do 15 orally next time and see how ya feel.

i would go for 15mg orally or 20mg if your confident.

for me snorting doesnt work quite as well as oral need the same amount of substance as orally to get what i want and its still half ass ime, i have to do the same with other peas and some tryptamines. its different for everyone though youll have to try out other roa's to see how you react for yourself.

also from what i gather plugging 2ce can be pretty intense, i would start with 10mg that route. im pretty sure theres a 2ce dosages and methods of administration thread on the mian big and dandy 2ce thread, there will probably be more info there aswel if your interested.

Last edited:
^ that's weird, i always rail 2cx because it's a fast come-up like rez_runner says and best of all no nausea. isn't 12mg the threshold dose? 16-22 is supposed to be a nice heavy trip and beyond that it starts getting rugged

I heard from a friend that plugging it is pretty intense. He said within a few minutes the walls were melting around him, his dose was no more than 15mg

12 mg is not a threshold dose, especially if you're snorting it!

shulgin lists the dose for 2ce as 10-25 mg, but i believe a threshold dose would be even a bit lower like 6 or 8 mg.

i don't see the reason to snort or plug 2cx, as these ROA are more dangerous, and the drugs work well orally

i think 15 mg orally is a reasonable step up from 10 mg. i found my "sweet spot" to be ~18 mg
i tried 12 mg, then 15 mg, then maybe 20 mg...then less

^ that's weird, i always rail 2cx because it's a fast come-up like rez_runner says and best of all no nausea. isn't 12mg the threshold dose? 16-22 is supposed to be a nice heavy trip and beyond that it starts getting rugged

i agree, when i first tried snorting 2ci/2ce compounds i was really surprised at how gentle the experience was, same with 4-ho-met. the come ups are definitely quicker and the nausea isnt as near as bad as oral ime but i really dont have a problem with nausea most of the time. the duration for me is alot shorter insufflated aswel, which is actually really nice i can reduce the duration quite a bit if i dont have the full 12 hours for oral 2ce.

also i have felt effects from 2ce 2-3mg orally stuffs pretty potent ime, was cleaning a vile out and just licked a very very minuscule amount cleaning off my mini screw driver which i always do and never really feel much, but this one time i did feel something more pronounced a hour later trying to sleep catching cev's and a mild stimulation. ended up going to sleep easily and woke up feeling fine, was actually really happy to know the stuff was still very active after a couple years.

Last edited:
15mg oral would be a good go from there, not sure I'd recommend alternative ROAs until you're more experienced with the drug (unless you use them with other psychs already).
thujone said:
that's weird, i always rail 2cx because it's a fast come-up like rez_runner says and best of all no nausea.

I quit using intranasally due to face pain, I'd think plugging would have the same benefits without such a big negative (personally, I IV it when not in the mood for oral, but that's a bigger health risk of course). I find all ROAs to induce nausea, and the quicker acting ones to have a very unpleasant comeup, but overall are less body loadish once that part's over.

just a quick report, last night, i plugged 2C-E for the first time, since i now have a scale i'm comfortable weighing small doses with. (before i always dosed oral with liquid measuring or nasal bumps to the desired level)

i have to say, i'm rather pleased with this ROA, because even though i have eaten very close to dosing and was actually rather exhausted, there was not much of a bodyload and nausea (with oral 2C-E, i always get nauseaus for like 1-2 hours). i weighed out 10mg of 2C-E (re-weighed the dose several times because the scale is rather cheap and not fully accurate, and i have to get used to it). then i filled a 3ml syringe with lukewarm water, tossed the dose in there and shook it until it dissolved.
i plugged one third of the solution and waited. almost immediately i felt that awesome bodyrush i associate with snorted 2C-E but more gentle and clean (plus no disgusting taste). at this point i have to please myself a little bit if i'm alone, which is always awesome. there were not much psychedelic effects yet, but nice tactile enhancement, so rather a weak +.

after some time while listening to music and playing a game, i decided to plug another third. also, i vaped some more weed. then i layed down, got under a blanket in the dark and let my thoughts drift away (this is nice on 2C-E but my body always feels a little too stimulated to lie around very comfortably). at this point the visuals came out pretty good (especially the CEVs, very nice colorful fractals and things reminding me of landscapes). this surprised me, because initial dose was some time ago and i thought the peak might come immediately. well maybe the staggered dose was the factor)

after realising (T+2,5 hours probably) that i'm not yet ready to sleep, i got up again, vaped some more bud and browsed the web and chatted with a friend. after one hour, i felt pretty much back baseline (from snorted 2C-E i come down pretty quick too, but oral mostly gives me the common duration). i haven't plugged the whole 10mg, more like 6-7mg of it, and i'm amazed that it gave that much effects for that little bodyload. will repeat, probably in a better setting and 10mg in one go. 2C-E got interesting again :)

greets

Yes I tried vaping it in a vape pipe/glass dick/bulb pipe whatever you wanna call it and it just made me feel really sick. It was like the come-up nausea all over my body. I got visuals but the nasty feeling was not worth it. Would definitely not repeat.

scroll up a little bit (;

well i only had like 6mg of 2C-E plugged for this first trial, but the bodyload was very manageable, even though i had eaten shortly before and was rather tired. slight nausea when i layed down, but nothing like the same dose snorted. effects were good given the small dose.

if you want a full trip, i'd suggest 10mg, but maybe don't plug it all in one go. i will do that sometime in the next weeks, i'm curious how a full trip on plugged 2C-E would be. :)

edit (regarding oral admin):
when i dose oral, i need at least 20-25mg to get a proper trip but it takes way longer to build up and to come down. ime the bodyload with 2C-E is worst on the comeup, and settles down when the drug is completely absorbed, but with oral, it obviously lasts longer. also i often have to puke when dosing 2C-E orally, bust mostly it is relieving to do so. i cannot really compare it to the rectal admin, because i've yet to plug a good dose, but for me, the bodyload with snorting is worse than oral but lasts not as long.

(of course some bodyload is existent during the whole duration, but as i've said, on the come-up, it's the worst)

Last edited:
2ce is no doubt my favorite phenethylamine. ive had many experiences with it and found im one of the people not so sensitive to the oral dosage. my first dose was 20 mg, and ive gone up to like 36 mg, having had at least 5-7 trips on it. I tried doing a 25 mg trip the other day and it was one of my worst in that it was very boring, ive done 22-25 and its been very intense, very fun. i guess ill just have to try doses 30 mg and above. I know its not my 2ce because my 2ce was 99.98 pure.