View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2c-compounds and Brain Damage

The Hoff Bomb

Bluelighter
I was talking to my drug consulor the other day and i told her about my expirience with 2c-e. Honestly, I don't know how much credit to give this lady, she's cool but weird, Like I'll tell her "I LOVE ACID!!" and she'll tell me there isn't anything wrong with it except for... Then she'll go on with iceburg metaphors for manic depression and schitzophrenia. She told me that 2c-e was the same as ecstasy except for one little change in the molecule(but there names are nothing alike) and it damages your brain the same way ecstasy does. Is there anyone knowlagable on this subject that can inform me on this subject?

mdma_2d.gif

2ce_2d.gif

3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA)
2,5-dimethoxy-4-ethyl-phenethylamine (2C-E)

Um no.They don't even act on the brain in the same way and as you can see it is not "one little change in the molecule".MDMA isn't even proven to be all that damaging from what I understand.Tell your therapist she doesn't know what she's talking about.

haha yeah, she has the attention span of a fly. I guess I should have wrote her off as whacky when she told me that psychedelics are poisons.

nanobrain said:
thre's abrshmolutezely no pruf psykodelix cause drain bamage.
unless you consider methaphysical reprograming to be damaging, which from what I udnerstand would be rewiring your neural pathways.

Yeah, she has no idea what shes talking about. One little change in the molecule would be... hmmm... I don't know... MDA?!

She told me that 2c-e was the same as ecstasy except for one little change in the molecule(but there names are nothing alike) and it damages your brain the same way ecstasy does. Is there anyone knowlagable on this subject that can inform me on this subject?

BOLLOCKS. 2C-E is a 5HT2a receptor agonist, MDMA causes the serotonin reuptake mechanism to work in reverse and spew out serotonin into the synapse. The damage with MDMA occurs because the depleted serotonin neurones also take up dopamine as well as serotonin when the drug wears off and that's how the damage occurs (oxidation products of dopamine). That doesn't happen with 5HT2a agonists

Why is it that so many people, because they do something involved with medicine think they know about pharmacology? I wouldn't even know where to begin regarding psychotherapy or such things as diagnosing certain illnesses (shit I'm not even that good at something as simple as anatomy). Beyond the realms of pharmacology I'm just as likely to be correct as any other person with an interest in science (which is why I leave things like diagnosing my illnesses to doctors etc)

Last edited:
MDMA is also an agonist to HT receptors. It mimicks serotonin in this respect.

Ah, MDMA, exotic neurotransmitter that I will never take again (probably!).

MDMA is also an agonist to HT receptors. It mimicks serotonin in this respect.

Not to any significant degree. All it's actions are due to serotonin release & reuptake inhibition and dopamine reuptake inhibition

so much depends
upon a red wheelbarrow
and on how the
re-wiring is done

trip wisely, tripping is stronger than NLP, and more fun. can fuck you up though, obviously ;)

drugs_prozac_cartoon.png

2C-B is one of, if not number one, Shulgin's favorites. I realize people have varying physiology, but these old tripped out guys are still around and that thought alone comforts me. I'm sure there are compounds that can be damaging. But I'm not sure if there is anything out there about 2C-B and brain damage.

Peace,
PL

i think its all to do with responsible doses and moderation with these sorts of compounds, yes they are chemicals which havn't had much research done on them so obviously people have to proceed cautiously. The 2C-X family seems pretty safe when used at the right dose and there are many Older trippers out there who have been using these sort of compounds for a long amount of time with no ill effects. Obviously if youwere to use these sorts of drugs in and out every week im sure they would have some sort of side effects, but doesnt every drug :\ ....

in my experience, drug counselers are not reliable sources of information on drugs. ive never been to one myself but just as example, my friends drug counseler told him he should have died from opiate withdrawal and his opiate habbit wasn't even that ridiculously bad (it was something 120 mg of hydrocodone or an oxy 80 a day).

Pimp Lazy said:
2C-B is one of, if not number one, Shulgin's favorites. I realize people have varying physiology, but these old tripped out guys are still around and that thought alone comforts me. I'm sure there are compounds that can be damaging. But I'm not sure if there is anything out there about 2C-B and brain damage.

Peace,
PL

the fact that old people who took it are still around is meaningless, brain damage doesn't necessarily kill you or even make you noticeably retarded.

you should print the two imags from trip.more's post, and show her the structures. ask her why she told you that the structures were closely related, when clearly they are nothing alike.

Pathogen said:
you should print the two imags from trip.more's post, and show her the structures. ask her why she told you that the structures were closely related, when clearly they are nothing alike.

yeah, good idea. you should make an attempt to correct misinformation, especially when it is being given by someone is who is supposed to know what they're talking about.

what does it take to become a drug counseler anyway? why do they know so little about drugs? (note: no offense to anyone here who is a drug counseler, im sure there are some very good ones. its just the ones ive heard about never seem to have a clue what they're talking about, which is scary).

burn out said:
the fact that old people who took it are still around is meaningless, brain damage doesn't necessarily kill you or even make you noticeably retarded.

I don't see how this is at all meaningless, take into account that this person is a pharmacologist (most be intelligent) who has ingested a 100 or so different psychedelics/empatheogens and has been using frequently since the 1960's (I'm sure long term side effects would have revealed themselves by now) and has reported no ill effects.Gives me a bit of comfort knowing that others have grown with and been able to incorporate psychedelics into their successful lives.;)

trip.more said:
I don't see how this is at all meaningless, take into account that this person is a pharmacologist (most be intelligent) who has ingested a 100 or so different psychedelics/empatheogens and has been using frequently since the 1960's (I'm sure long term side effects would have revealed themselves by now) and has reported no ill effects.Gives me a bit of comfort knowing that others have grown with and been able to incorporate psychedelics into their successful lives.;)
Every genius, whether it be a chemist, an artist, a philosopher, etc thinks differently than the majority of the population. These chemicals may actually enhance this different thinking. This is just a theory.

A genius once said:
"All genius requires a bit of madness".....or something to that effect.
i think it may have been Einstein, but I'm not sure. I have a bad memory these days.

^ Yeah, I've heard a lot of people state their opinion that there is a thin line between genius & madness. Genius seems to require retaining all the normal cognative skills while at the same time having the ability to see the initial problem with the flexibility of perspective that comes with madness

Probably why so many geniuses have troubled personal lives (Newton & Einstein weren't exactly normal when it came to domestic arrangements!)

Haha she's a nut/

I had her class yesterday and she was talking about uppers and downers

When you mix uppers and downers it puts so much stress on the heart and its really dangerous. Do you know those party poppers were you pull on both ends and it rips apart and candy comes out? Thats what happens to your heart because its being pulled in both directions.