• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B as a party drug?

Yes a couple of years ago I was with a friend who found that out the hard way...

I'll just chime in to second (third?) the suggestions A) not to take 2C-B for the first time, especially if it's your first psychedelic experience of any kind, at a party; and B) to stick to oral (or rectal) administration. 2C-B can be a pretty good party drug, but for your first time, you really want to be in a safe, familiar, comforting, quiet place like your home or a close friend's home.

As for your first time dose... I would recommend something around 18-20mg. Personally, I like to take a lot more than that even for social trips, but I've taken 2Cs hundreds of times and know how those doses will affect me. 25mg is a relatively tame dose for me, but it's a pretty strong one for many people, and probably a bit much for a first timer.

Another thing to note with taking 2c-b at a party is that mixing it with alcohol produces a very weird, confusing and unenjoyable delerium.
Can confirm. A pretty close friend completely lost the plot to this unholy mixture, and was taken down by security guards moments after jumping at a fountain while trying to escape from the alien ships that haunted his nighysky.

Can confirm. A pretty close friend completely lost the plot to this unholy mixture, and was taken down by security guards moments after jumping at a fountain while trying to escape from the alien ships that haunted his nighysky.

Yeah it's really weird. I've done it a few times, and it usually ends with me waking up and thinking "hmmm... I had the strangest dream last night, I could swear I went out". Then getting phone calls/texts from friends and realising that yes, that did in fact happen.

I suppose I should count myself lucky then that alcohol before 2cb was not bad at all, I didn't notice any interaction at all. However, if you ever have enough that you consider redosing partway through your trip, please consider that it does not build tolerance quite as quickly/strongly as LSD. I took 30mg, and when I felt the trip tapering off, I took another 30mg expecting to simply extend my trip. Instead I got one of the most visual trips of my life... Something like 3x the intensity instead of just double. Due to a safe environment and plenty of experience though, it was a pleasant surprise, though I can imagine the intensity being overwhelming for a newbie.

Huh, strange, I find the combo of 2C-B and alcohol to be quite good, also with 2C-C and alcohol (that one is even better), but in both cases you have to keep in mind you'll get drunk faster than normal.

I suppose I should count myself lucky then that alcohol before 2cb was not bad at all, I didn't notice any interaction at all. However, if you ever have enough that you consider redosing partway through your trip, please consider that it does not build tolerance quite as quickly/strongly as LSD. I took 30mg, and when I felt the trip tapering off, I took another 30mg expecting to simply extend my trip. Instead I got one of the most visual trips of my life... Something like 3x the intensity instead of just double. Due to a safe environment and plenty of experience though, it was a pleasant surprise, though I can imagine the intensity being overwhelming for a newbie.

Now this is extremely interesting...

How drunk was he though?

I kind of doubt that the interaction between 2C-B and alcohol would be all that different from that between alcohol and other psychedelics. Rather, I could see the problem mostly coming down to the user misjudging the substance.

When people take LSD or shrooms, they usually know they're in for a potentially challenging psychedelic experience. But 2C-B? Most people who've heard about it probably assume it's more or less a slightly trippier version of MDMA, so they might just treat it as a stimulating/entactogenic "party drug" that they can combine with large amounts of booze, and end up getting way too drunk to navigate the headspace of a psychedelic experience.

Yeah, most likely his mistake. He took the 2C-B while already drunk (Don't know how drunk), and I also ignore the quantity involved. It was pre-weighted by the guy who sold it to him as " a dose of a chinese drug called 2C-B". My guess is it was a heavy dose.

State of being and setting are the concern. 2c-c could totally be a party drug, parts of my experience tonight (up at 5:00 am from redosing bumps) were incredibly social and extremely euphoric. I think it would be a better party drug than coke or Mdma, and not addictive and even healthy for ya I'd go as far as to say. It is really a nice pleasant stimulant, but has psychedelic properties that shouldn't be underestimated. Due to the stimulant effects which help keep a level, logical head while having intense visuals and a wild experience.... I think that a lot of phenethylamines would make for good party drugs and likely much less toxic than the common coke and Mdxx.

However, I had the experience of a lifetime tonight on 2c-c. I finally woke up to my faults and got to some root causes of some of my health problems. My chronic spine pain is essentially directly and indirectly a symptom of years of depression. There was a bad injury but yeah, I saw the truth. Was a long time coming. It was intense at times but never too much... I went into this with 5 days clean from a one week oxycodone relapse (still withdrawing like fucking crazy, having major depressive and morbid thoughts, a lot of physical symptoms but very very serious depression), hungover from getting drunk in the morning unable to deal with the regret of the relapse after being 3 weeks clean and doing great, I was dehydrated as hell and still am, and I had one hell of a night. It'd take a trip report to explain everything I went through, and I plan on writing one. I essentially reviewed my past, present and future. The computer screen had depth like I could reach in, the colours were magical, but I was still completely coherent in thought and able to type. I like to write so. It got really intense when I came face to face with my smack habit and didn't back down. I saw it for what it was, and who I was, and it wasn't pretty. It was vile and gruesome and that demon is a fucking snake but there is lots of hope for me. I was grinning pretty wildly most of the time, despite recognizing and accepting all of my misery and shortcoming and years of undeniable self-sabotage and escapism. I was happy to be free and have a much needed rejuvenation of spirit.

2c-c... good shit. Definitely good shit. Never tried 2c-b... it was the one time I didn't reagent test, and the one time that it was something much, much stronger by dose than 2c-b. Goes to show the importance of testing your chems as it was from a legit source. Wouldn't have wanted to be out at a party night that time, as I couldn't see the world around me the visuals were so intense and I ended up laying down and having a visionary experience. I still have to reagent test it to know what the fuck it was. Luckily I only took 10 milligrams but I should have done an allergy test. All of this is really really important and I have done this every time apart from that one time. All it takes is one mistake.

I totally want to party on 2c-c in the future... too bad 2c-b is hard to come by. I love my 2c-c though... that has always been my phenethylamine of choice, being strung out and all I need something at least a little more chill. I had a hell of a night, try it first before going to a party on it, reagent test, allergy test, measure the dose three times, take every precaution, don't drink but have some benzos on hand. You should be totally fine to party on this stuff. Too bad I can't compare it to 2c-b but I learned an extremely valuable lesson that day.

Man oh man I've been hard on myself lately. Hungover as fuck from morning binge drinking and in fucking satanic opiate withdrawal, mentally devastated by a relapse and exhibiting escapism. Well I sure couldn't escape shit tonight. I'm staying up for sunrise and smoking a joint and also plan on writing a trip report tomorrow (which is kinda why I'm writing this, so I remember more details) ... :!:\:):D=D

I personally think if planned right and with experience with the drug, one would have a grand old time and have really insightful and interesting conversations too. I certainly did converse intensively with myself tonight in intellectual discourse... my younger bro too though, best talk with him in a really long time and much needed for a solid and healthy brotherhood.

Oh, and stay the fuck hydrated!!! Seriously. Really really important and probably why it might not be a good idea to drink booze on it. Although, I was very noticeably dehydrated going into it from withdrawal and hangover. A few glasses of water unless you are dancing up a storm would likely be completely fine, and watch your body temperature too.

Last edited: