View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B as a party drug?

Nautical

Greenlighter
Planning on taking 2-CB at a party next week. I have 25mg and am wondering how much I should take. This would be my first psychedelic but I have done MDMA 4 times.

Asking for a friend.

Thanks.

My advice is to try 2C-B in a comfortable, controllable setting the first time, rather than at a party. If you had experience with psychedelics it would be a different story, but 2C-B is indeed a psychedelic, even if it tends to be euphoric and light. People have had bad trips on 2C-B, and being in an uncontrolled social situation is a prime cause of trip anxiety. 2C-B isn't like MDMA, where positive feelings and sociability are practically a given. It tends to be positive, but any psychedelic can go either direction. If you're at home with a friend or something, with no one coming over to interrupt, I would highly recommend trying 2C-B, it's great stuff. But for your very first psychedelic experience I do not recommend a party. You don't know how you'll react and if you react badly, the party atmosphere might push it from uncomfortable to horrifying.

As far as psychedelics go, 2C-B is one of the better socializing ones, and I would take it (and have taken it) at a party, but then I've tripped hundreds of times so I know how I will react to them.

Oh also, it's 2C-B, not 2-CB. ;)

Last edited:
I found these links which will help you. Take a small amount of the research chemical first, like a threashold dose as described below, to make sure you are not allergic to it at home with someone in case something happens, and then you can take the larger amount at a later date. Also test it to make sure it actually is the rc/drug 2c-b, and get an accurate scale or some way to measure it.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb/2cb_dose.shtml

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb/2cb.shtml

I also would not take this drug at a party or any psychedelic except for cannabis/hash at a party. Good luck, and stay safe.

Don't have your first trip at a party. Psychedelics are not like other drugs.

Bad idea to trip for the first time at a party, even if it's 2C-B. My advice is a strong, strong "don't".

Don't have your first trip at a party. Psychedelics are not like other drugs.
As stated by all above, your first trip should most definitely not be in a social gathering, maybe one or two trusted friends in a trusted environment. These substances can shift on you quick and being in a crowd of people while having substance induced anxiety will only make a trip horrific. Hopefully you'll take the advice and all will be well on your first trip:) safe travels!

Depends on the party, but my experiences (subjectively) have been very negative. I've done LSD at a minimal/dark techno rave once and it was completely jarring to all my senses. I had to sit in the car with my girlfriend for hours after that in the ghetto because the lights and energy was just way too much. I would not recommend it.

My mate and myself had our first trips in a club (LSD). Long story short he ended up having to be talked down for half of the night and I had to leave as a fight broke out.

There are too many variables in a party for a first time imho. Say you are tripping and the cops raid, a fight breaks out, etc, etc. You don't know how you are going to respond as you have no reference. I remember being out in Belfast with a mate, (same one from before and both of us had an e and a microdot), and we happened along a hijacked bus. As you can imagine cops and soldiers everywhere and he got it in to his head that the IRA were about and we were going to get shot. He wanted to take off running which certainly would have brought us onto the cops radar whole heap of trouble when all we had to do was walk on and mind our business.

What I am saying is - until you have an idea how you will react (and that can change even for experienced users), you are better trying it in a safe setting.

Safe psychedelic use means taking proper regard of the Drug, your mindset and where you take it. Get one of those wrong and you could be handing for a difficult if not traumatic time.

Last edited:
If you're having a private party with a few friends who'd be cool with you tripping and who'd be able to calm you down (maybe even feed you a benzo), you could probably try out ~15-20 mg.

If it's a "party" as in "rave" I would recommend familiarizing yourself with the psychedelic experience in a more comfortable setting. 2C-B - while generally fairly clear-headed and gentle - is still far more unpredictable than MDMA.

Also: Don't mix weed and psychedelics on your first few trips. Even if you respond well to weed normally, it becomes a very different beast while tripping. Trying to smooth out a difficult trip by smoking marijuana often ends up backfiring massively, potentiating rather than decreasing the emotional strain you're experiencing.

I had 2CB at a private get together and my nose hurt too much to enjoy it. Too drunk to continue this. Sorry.

Also: Don't mix weed and psychedelics on your first few trips. Even if you respond well to weed normally, it becomes a very different beast while tripping. Trying to smooth out a difficult trip by smoking marijuana often ends up backfiring massively, potentiating rather than decreasing the emotional strain you're experiencing.

+1 on that.

I had 2CB at a private get together and my nose hurt too much to enjoy it. Too drunk to continue this. Sorry.

I don't recommend snorting 2C-B or any 2Cs, it's the worst snorting pain ever, truly horrible, like getting drilled in the face with a hot jagged drill bit. Plus the trip is better if you eat it even though you need twice as much.

2C-B is by far my favorite drug to party on. IMO it takes the best parts of LSD and MDMA and warps them together into its own unique experience. LSD by itself can be a little weird or intense for partying. MDMA by itself is great of course, but it's missing that psychedelic sparkle, and of course you can't do it regularly. LSD+MDMA is perfect for a festival. 2C-B feels similar to a candyflip, in that it's psychedelic, euphoric and empathogenic, but doesn't have the same downsides as MDMA. Also, it's a 4-6h experience, which is the perfect duration for a night out.

I agree with others that it would be better to try it in a comfortable setting first if you've never done a psych before, but honestly, if there is one psychedelic that I would recommend for a first timer at a party is 100% 2C-B. As long as you are not the only person on drugs at this party, I say go for it. 25mg is a great dose. Eat it, don't snort!

I've not used or read very much about this particular drug but I would not do a psychedelic at a party your first time as the majority of people have said. It could ruin hallucinogens for you forever. Also I saw a post saying to make sure you aren't allergic, that's a GREAT idea, whenever I try a new drug I have a Benadryl nearby in case an allergic reaction, just make sure you can take Benadryl with it safely.

I know most people recommend a trip sitter but, I prefer first trying hallucinogens alone, might not be as smart for others. I do it so I don't have social anxiety. I also recommend a dark room if you want a more visual trip. My first psychedelic (not counting DXM as psychedelic, which by the way is good for beginners. It teaches you how to cope with being out your head. Shit I went to English 112 on a first plat trip, it was on the second to top floor so I felt like I was falling though the floor and I was insanely happy and nobody even noticed) was on a low dose of shrooms alone in a pitch black room, and it was pretty damn awesome. I got to watch the walls and calling change color and melt lol. Also put guns, knives, brass knuckles, etc under lock and key before tripping (or using most any drug)!!! I'm about to do a shit load of ketamine and i already put my home defense Mossberg riot shotty + my Smith & Wesson and hunting guns + brass knuckles and blades in a safe and gave the key to a trustworthy friend. All gun owners who occasionally indulge in recreational drugs should do the same! Theire's enough freaks committing mass murders, we don't need someone shot cause u see demons and shadow people. Responsible gun owners like myself (and yeah I own the notorious AR-15 ooooo so scary) cringe when we see these heinous acts of violence, and if there would use are firearms to take down the peice of shit and do everything possible to protect innocent lives. The only way I would turn a gun on another human being would be to protect myself, my family or another innocent person, safety is more important than anything when it comes to firearms and we hunters are not sadistic freaks, speaking personally if I'm going to kill an animal I want it to be quick, legal and most importantly humane + make sure to eat the meat or give it to someone who will. Not trying to get all political but I don't want anyone to think I'm a freak like that worthless sack of shit who massacred those innocent people in Vegas, I'm the opposite I would've put my own life on the line to save those poor people.

Again sorry bout the off topic rant. I'm just angry about what happened.

What kind of a party? Club/rave, or a house party?

If you're not experienced with 2cb/psychedelics, I would really reccomend against this.

I've taken 2cb at both raves and house parties, but I am very experienced with the chemical, and I've still found myself being quite jarred and overwhelmed. Imagine being introduced to people when you can't really make out their faces or understand what you're doing? Or drunk people turning up or shitty music being on? Or music you usually love melting? Maybe your friend bailing back to the hotel without saying, because they were so overwhelmed? All things that have happened to me.

That's not to in any way discredit 2c-b. I love clubbing on 2c-b. It's literally one of my favourite things. But you have to understand it. And IMO 25mg is too much. Expect pretty strong visuals at that dose. Most people take about 18-20mg there first time. I always take 22mg in a club. With 2c-b, every milligram counts.

I don't recommend snorting 2C-B or any 2Cs, it's the worst snorting pain ever, truly horrible, like getting drilled in the face with a hot jagged drill bit. Plus the trip is better if you eat it even though you need twice as much.

I had 2 CI at the same place and I dunno wot else, mdma powder from memory.

I enjoyed the night but yeah the nose but was too harsh. Ive bever iv any psychedelic but maybe would have been better than snorting it.

Ya snorting isnt great for party or really anything cause it just hurts too much, but definitely an experience to try!

I took 2c-b for partying at bars and such pretty often. Keep the dose low.

Don't try this for your first time at a party. It's not that 2C-B isn't suitable for parties compared to other psychedelics, on the contrary, but it's pretty different if you are already experienced with tripping and then carefully try it out in another setting like a party.

Jumping in right away, tripping at a party, demands that you give a sort of personal attention to your psychedelic experience (for example I can get emotionally sensitive and highly impressionable by aesthetics) which is very inconvenient and potentially alienating in unplanned ways to do at a party.

Get introduced to tripping in a safe and peaceful environment for your first times so that you can get acquainted with it for all it is, and not just for the specific purpose of partying.

The only real reason to go ahead with something like this IMO would be if you intentionally want to get in over your head in order to 'force' either an adventure or misadventure... but that is a reckless thing to do (college days for me). 2C-B is not necessarily *that* wild either, it does lend itself a bit better than other things for experimentation without the immediate risk of getting FUBARed.
It's just mostly likely to be difficult or inconvenient is my objection and in a way you waste an opportunity to give the experience the full attention. However if you're somewhat experienced with it and then proceed to learn how to wield it for different settings, like sex or amusement parks or deep bonding with a friend, or indeed at parties (perhaps at somewhat lower, museum dosages)... then it can make sense.

Snorting it is also something you could try and explore as a bonus option sometimes but definitely don't make it a first time or standard thing IMO. Oral and rectal administration are much better.

My general point is that it's not that the idea in itself is bad or not exciting, but that it can really suck to not learn to use these substances with the proper learning curve. I think it's a misconception that it could never be as adventurous as disregarding learning curves and diving in right away. Taking proper steps enables you better to explore boundaries and if you think that won't take you out of your comfort zone you're either underestimating psychedelics or not doing it right.

Last edited:
I had 2 CI at the same place and I dunno wot else, mdma powder from memory.

I enjoyed the night but yeah the nose but was too harsh. Ive bever iv any psychedelic but maybe would have been better than snorting it.

If you aren't opposed to plugging (putting it in your butt), that's the best ROA for 2C-B. There are some reports of people IVing 2C-Xs but generally it's described as being hard on the heart (and REALLY potent and strong) so I wouldn't do it personally. Honestly, I prefer oral or occasionally rectal dosing with this. Nasal is too harsh.

Another thing to note with taking 2c-b at a party is that mixing it with alcohol produces a very weird, confusing and unenjoyable delerium.