• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

29 Year Old, Never Tried Marijuana, Any Advice?

soapdropper

Bluelighter
Hello, I've been putting this off for a while now, but I would like to go to a dispensary today or tomorrow and possibly purchase something I could try. I have never tried marijuana, but I'm a big fan of anything that can get me in the mood to work on something. I like the draw and make art, and heard it is a very great drug if you are an artistic person. I heard there is many different strains for different uses and want to make sure I get one that suits what I like to do when I have free time.

I live in the northwest (Washington state) and there is many dispensaries near me, I've never been inside but might ask them about this as well, but I would like to heard anyone's advice on what I should try for my first time. I've heard from some friends I should try edibles, I live in an apartment complex, and must leave the premise if I want to smoke anything so I'd prefer to be able to do it inside my apartment(unless smoking is very preferred). If any of you enjoy doing marijuana and drawing pictures please let me know what you do, or what I should buy at my local dispensary. Thank you!

Yeah, take one (1) puff and put it down. Wait about five minutes and see if ya need or want another puff. Take it to the head if ya wanna but once in there it takes time to get back out. lol
Start low ya can always go up, right?
My normal practice anyway.
Best to ya and dont go watching reefer madness unless ya wanna trip or something. lol
Pece

If any of you enjoy doing marijuana and drawing pictures please let me know what you do, or what I should buy at my local dispensary.
More than likely ya will have to spend time with their pharmacist.
Explain this to them. They may be able to find the right chem profile for ya.
;)

Do not underestimate it, most strains in Amsterdam(so I assume also in the US) are ridiculously potent, start with a low dose, or ask for a milder strain, usually the clerks in such stores are well informed and can suggest brands for you, don't just start /w Lemon Haze, even if it does sound tasty(it also is very tasty :) )

You also should know that there are two different generic kinds of weed. Indica makes you sluggish, very relaxed in the body, i.e. "stoned", and Sativa has a more uplifting effect, that is mostly on the mind, i.e "high". There are hybrids of these 2 kinds as well, but I really advise you to stay away from strong Sativa in the beginning.

If you want optimal results you should actually vaporize, at no more than 200°C (190°C is actually the optimum for me) in order to not release THCV(at 220°C ca., iirc), which is often associated with the "sluggishness" of marihuana.

a disposable vape pen is probably the best way to get started these days. the effects kick in almost instantly and lasts 2-4h, and you can top up any time to extend it. it won't stink up the hall like smoke would, either.

edibles can take a while to kick in and once they do, the effects can last 8+ hours, so if you under/overshoot the dose it's hard to correct course.

Get a 10mg edible like a brownie and gummy bear. Eat half or what they recommend is 5mg and wait at least an hour. Or if you smoke then 1 puff will come on in full in about 5-10 minutes. For smoking you would want a lighter, papers or a pipe. It's ok if you don't smoke all the bud in the bowl in one hit and let it aside for later. Vaporizing is another method. You have oil vape pens or ground flower vaporizers. Oils, tinctures, concentrates, hash.

I'd recommend trying something like thai weed like below 10% thc content.

As others have pointed out start slow, you can always smoke more and with modern strains the first time can be quite a psychedelic experience.

Do not underestimate it, most strains in Amsterdam(so I assume also in the US) are ridiculously potent, start with a low dose, or ask for a milder strain, usually the clerks in such stores are well informed and can suggest brands for you, don't just start /w Lemon Haze, even if it does sound tasty(it also is very tasty :) )

You also should know that there are two different generic kinds of weed. Indica makes you sluggish, very relaxed in the body, i.e. "stoned", and Sativa has a more uplifting effect, that is mostly on the mind, i.e "high". There are hybrids of these 2 kinds as well, but I really advise you to stay away from strong Sativa in the beginning.

If you want optimal results you should actually vaporize, at no more than 200°C (190°C is actually the optimum for me) in order to not release THCV(at 220°C ca., iirc), which is often associated with the "sluggishness" of marihuana.
i have heard modern marijuana is so cross bred that at this point indica and sativa dont mean much

don't' vape pen for a first time and ffs no edibles :ROFLMAO:

as wise man above somewhere said...one toke on a pipe (or a couple on a spliff) and see what's what in 10 minutes

you may not even be able to really feel it first time, I've seen thatb happen quite often...noob snot knowing they're stoned...you gotta kinda learn how to flow with it so if it doesn't do much for ya 1st time...don;t write it off

a disposable vape pen is probably the best way to get started these days. the effects kick in almost instantly and lasts 2-4h, and you can top up any time to extend it. it won't stink up the hall like smoke would, either.

edibles can take a while to kick in and once they do, the effects can last 8+ hours, so if you under/overshoot the dose it's hard to correct course.
Yup, no flame and if you buy a battery that’s charged at the same time as you buy a cartridge you’re good to go. For someone who is absolutely new, def a vape pen, and try to get a cartridge that has a ratio of CBD:THC The CBD can make things a bit more calm. If a battery, get one that is auto-inhale activated. There is even a brand called Dosist that has a metered dose (2.5mg?)

If edibles, try something from a reputable company (you’ll ask your budtender) that has lab tested quality.

Edibles can take up tp 3 hours to kick in, depending on metabolism and stomach contents. Fast/water soluble edibles can take effect within 5-10 minutes. 5 mg, wait 3 hours and take more if needed. You might be lucky enough to be able to buy 1mg microdose mints.

Tom

Last edited:
i have heard modern marijuana is so cross bred that at this point indica and sativa dont mean much
Just like all modern dogs are Labradoodles at this point?

No, the breeders aren't idiots, this works with genetics mostly.
I've been to a lab (customer for my company) where they breed strains of other plants, and they don't just mix stuff together and see what happens, they even implant genetic markers as a sort of fingerprint, so that it's unmistakenly their creation. When it comes to plants we pretty much know what to do genetically. Google Plant Genetic Engineering, we implant/extract specific genes and make the plant exactly as we want it to be.
Haze gets stronger and stronger.

True but you do not want to consume a heavy leaning hybrid mor a potent indica if creativity is what you're looking for. However, if sleep is your goal then you are set! Good Luck!

don't' vape pen for a first time and ffs no edibles :ROFLMAO:

as wise man above somewhere said...one toke on a pipe (or a couple on a spliff) and see what's what in 10 minutes

you may not even be able to really feel it first time, I've seen thatb happen quite often...noob snot knowing they're stoned...you gotta kinda learn how to flow with it so if it doesn't do much for ya 1st time...don;t write it off
It was a much more recognised and appreciated phenomenon in the hippy era. People didn't get stoned first time. Because it goes over the head like a frisbie.

2nd time, you see it coming.

I ate about 1.5 grams clean hash my own first time.

I was under the illusion it wasn't having much effect.

My friend staying over said I was acting weird. Then he asked for a bit of the dope lol, I'd eaten it.

I was asked by the older peers, next time, how did the blow go?

I said- it didn't do anything. All I did was eat two boxes of apple pies and fall asleep.

He goes- Sounds to me like you got wrecked.

In hindsight, I was. I saw it coming the next time. I'd already been using MDMA and LSD for a year though before the "gateway" one lol.

True but you do not want to consume a heavy leaning hybrid mor a potent indica if creativity is what you're looking for. However, if sleep is your goal then you are set! Good Luck!
The only thing Indica makes me creative at is how to move as little as possible xD

Personally, I prefer indicas and I even would train in the gym high on them.

Op you’re in Washington state, you should be high already.

Yup, no flame and if you buy a battery that’s charged at the same time as you buy a cartridge you’re good to go. For someone who is absolutely new, def a vape pen, and try to get a cartridge that has a ratio of CBD:THC The CBD can make things a bit more calm. If a battery, get one that is auto-inhale activated. There is even a brand called Dosist that has a metered dose (2.5mg?)

have you tried any of the high CBD (low THC) legal products? I'm not sure what the appeal of it is, I don't notice CBD at all without a high %-age of THC.

have you tried any of the high CBD (low THC) legal products? I'm not sure what the appeal of it is, I don't notice CBD at all without a high %-age of THC.
When I could not buy yawn drops (15 mg/ml water soluble THC) I'd pick up exhale drops (7.5mg ml THC and 7.5 mg/ml CBD). Also given 1:1 skunk hazes a shot. At the government store I go to, there is a 95% CBD cartridge but I'm not interested in it.

The drops were very good @arthritis.

Tom

If you're taking anything with THC in any form (e.g. the compound that actually causes the "high"), start with a low dose. Then, work your way up. It's not possible to overdose, but it's definitely possible to have a bit more than enough. Also, since you're in an area with a legal market, check to see that there's lab results on whatever edible(s) you decide to take to see how much THC is in it in terms of milligrams primarily. Most people find that 5mg or sometimes less is a good starting dose, but lots of people (myself) also end up finding that they need a bit more to really feel much of anything. Some people don't even like the effects of any form of THC, but products with all or nearly all CBD work better for them. It really varies a lot.