View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25i-NBOMe - How does it compare to LSD?

Firth

Bluelighter
How would 25i-NBOMe compare to LSD? I am in possession of 1000 microgram HPBCD complexed blotters and intend to try them with my friends at some point over the next week. I tried LSD not long ago and enjoyed my experience. I guess the main appeal with NBOMe is the price when compared to LSD...

So, how may a 1000ug dose of this compare to a 200ug (alleged) dose of LSD? Are they very similar, or is there very noticeable differences?

it will numb your mouth, it will come on as strong but way faster, it will not last as long.

it will make you more squirmy and by virtue of that tension and physical body load, you will be less calm and less prone to relaxed resonant insight. the visuals may be stronger.

I use only 300mics, I use it because it hits faster and fades earlier than lsd. but when I use it I miss the view from the clouds. it is more - of the earth, while lsd is more of the gods. I like the numb mouth thing

Sorry to say, 25i does not come very close to the magic of LSD. Experienced in both, I can definitely say that if you get some decent acid, it feels so much better and cleaner than the synthetic stuff. I definitely enjoyed my 25i binge last summer, but after reuniting with Lucy, I can honestly say it's the real deal - it's the definitive psychedelic.

This is not to say, "Don't waste your time." 25i is definitely an awesome experience. I had an ego death at a high dose, one of my favorite trips. Enjoy, but don't expect it to be like LSD. I don't think they're really that similar.

Don't waste your time with 25i. Use LSD instead.

I am experienced with many psys in light to medium to somewhat strong does, including mushrooms, LSD, mescaline, miprocin, and 2C-B.

In my most honest assessment, LSD is like driving a convertible down a fresh paved road along cliffs overlooking the beach, whereas 25-i (or 25-C) is like riding in a runaway wheelbarrow down a hill.

The only thing alike about the two experiences is that they are very visual, and that 25I can sometimes feel pretty euphoric like good LSD. The visuals aren't similar, the headspace isn't similar, the body feel isn't similar, the safety range isn't similar (LSD can be taken at huuuuuge doses safely, while 25I-NBOMe can stick you in hospital at 2-3mg, which can just be a hit laid too strongly) - they really shouldn't be compared at all.

Don't compare the experience to LSD or you'll be hugely disappointed, look at it in its own light and enjoy it for what it is. Also dosing low is better than dosing high with this stuff when a lot of the blotter out there is dosed too strong and you could end up taking a potentially dangerous dose just trying to get a stronger than usual experience out of it. If you must dose high I'd recommend getting your hands on powder, a set of accurate scales, weighing up a large amount (i.e. 100mg) and then dividing that with liquid measurement (i.e. add it to 50ml water, that way every 0.25ml = 0.5mg, every 0.5ml = 1mg)

I still feel 25I NBOMe has more of a combined effect. I would not compare it to LSD alone, but I compare it to the strong combo of LSD and MDMA. Meant for a user with a fair amount of experience under their belt as a candyflip would be ill recommended to a first timer into the would of psychs.

The combo reflects a difference in safety range as well, heavy doses of LSD are safe (physically maybe not psychologically) , not so much with MDMA, and as anyone who has ever done it, knows doing a lot of MDMA can be dangerous and wind up being very uncomfortable rather then pleasurable. However because 25 I is a very powerful analogue of the base Phenel group 2C-I the danger in it is magnified quickly when titrating up in sequences of 1/1 or even 1/.5 amounts. .300 to .500 mics may be happy manageable trip, .800mics to 1mg may be awesome to overwhelming for some, going up beyond the 1mg range may be very dangerous.

a half a hit of LSD for a first timer may be happy and manageable. 1 hit may be awesome for a first time, 2 hits may be awesome to overwhelming for a first time.

3 hits of LSD would push a first timer mentally, but they would be OK and out of physical danger, unless they were a danger to themselves.

But as I said 25I is more like the combo / candy flip. If raises body temp, it can give a mental euphoria and it can generate a physical euphoria as well as defined visuals. so if you think about that, a half of hit of LSD and a half a hit of MDMA could already be awesome for some. the 1 to 1 combo may be awesome to overwhelming especially for the ill prepared. The most I ever did as a hard core raver was 4 hits of LSD and 2 hits of MDMA (2 pills gelcaps) and that was pretty powerful, strong enough to make me rethink my Raver days, and basically quit partying for a year or 2.

For me I never tasted a blotter of 25I, I got the powder long before the hammer of the law came down. This board helped me 'solve' it safely using Vodka and a proper scale it properly identify how much material I was sent from the vendor. I would never trust blotter of 25I especially now because it is a black market in the US..... not that it was 'safer' when it was a RC item. I had no desire to ever touch the blotter even when it was technically legal because of the many reports about it seeming to lay and dry unevenly on blotter paper.

Now we do of course have a huge big and dandy that can be accessed as well if you have further questions run a search.

Sorry to say, 25i does not come very close to the magic of LSD. Experienced in both, I can definitely say that if you get some decent acid, it feels so much better and cleaner than the synthetic stuff. I definitely enjoyed my 25i binge last summer, but after reuniting with Lucy, I can honestly say it's the real deal - it's the definitive psychedelic.

This is not to say, "Don't waste your time." 25i is definitely an awesome experience. I had an ego death at a high dose, one of my favorite trips. Enjoy, but don't expect it to be like LSD. I don't think they're really that similar.

LSD is "synthetic stuff". Just sayin'... ;)

Yes.... quite synthetic. It is a chemical match to a natural chemical found within Ergot of Rye, a fungus.
Technically Mescaline can be just as synthetic as LSD or it can come from a natural source like Peyote or San Pedro.

Some people think just because it is technically naturally found in nature it is more natural, less synthetic. Still made in a lab though, clandestine or legal.

Last edited:
Going for a single 1000 mcg blotter tonight, planning to chill and watch some Attenborough Planet Earth and listen to music. My experience with lsd was a 200mcg blotter (or claimed to be, reliable source)

I find nbome far less introspective than LSD which makes the trip easier to "digest " over the next x period of time, it comes up very fast if you sniff it (but you need a very precise scale to do so), i also find it has an MDMA feel to it, it made me very chatty, lovey dovey, happy and horny, but maybe that was mostly due to a good setting/company..... I also experienced no mood swings which i often experienced with LSD... also nbome has a stronger body load, but which i don't personally find dissagreable.

Body load doesn't particularly bother me, I've used amphetamines a few time which give a fair bit of body load for me but I'm just not phased by it. I might go for a walk while tripping if it's quiet/safe out at the time.... Lots of scum in my area.

we have some areas here
where burnt out people get behind you and yell terrible threats but do nothing physical
- some creatures need to scare others, then they have a good laugh. wtf

leaves me shaken and stirred

Dosing now. Estimated 1000 micrograms (one blotter). Will update, possibly after my trip. Notepad and pen are at the ready.

On a walk listening to some music, just feels like I've had a shit load of caffeine and sight/sounds is amplified. Lights are looking pretty.

Although 25I-nbome is a psychedelic like LSD, it is very different in its chemical structure and mechanism of action. If one were to take 25I expecting LSD, he or she would be dissapointed/surprised as would be true of the vice versa. In my experiences, LSD has encouraged introspection much more than 25I. I must say, however, that 25I is one of the most euphoric substances I have ever tried, and has a very strong body presence.

Disappointed. A 4 mile round walk revealed not much more really. My sight is MUCH more amplified now, mind, however;

This whole blotter didn't numb my tongue a great deal. The other day, I done an 'allergy test' with a small snipping off one, and as soon as it touched my tongue it burnt like a bitch and numbed it... Maybe I got a weak blotter... Walls are breathing, lights look pretty, that's it... And worst of all I'll be up for a while now because I'm full of energy. Now I'm tempted to have a line of speed since I'm off work this week and have the whole house to myself today (Sunday)...

Got that idea out of my head for now. Vasocontrictive drug + another vasoconstrictive drug = potential shitstorm I do believe. Let's think of HR here rather.

Last edited:
Walls still a bit wavey. Pretty much back to baseline.

Meh. 25i-NBOMe isn't that special really.