View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25-i nbome and 25c nbome allergic reactions

dosio

Greenlighter
I have endured in many psychedelics in my life since the past four and a half years. 2ce, dmt, lsd25, many strains of mushrooms, 5-meo-dmt, jwh analogs, ketamine, 2ci, bromo dragonfly, AM2201, methylone , buetylone , pentalone , mdma, and cocaine. The list could probably go on and on and there is probably some not to my knowledge that i have ingested, but nothing has compared to what I have came cross about a year and a half ago - 25-nbome and 25cnbome.

The two nbomes i had were both dosed together on the same blotter paper . They could range from 1100ug tabs to just 950ug . I have dosed on these blotters that were given to me by only one source which is my friend (J) . i started getting them at the beginning of last year. Anyways after trying it for the first time i loved it. It was spiritual and very very visual, probably the most intense visuals I have ever seen and very similar to mescaline in my opinion. Now here is the catch on everything I am about to explain to everyone reading this, I dosed on this every weekend and sometimes even weekdays very very hard. Taking just one of my doses would make it to where u couldn't recognize peoples faces, which I really liked, so after a year and a half of dosing on it my buddy (A) had one from a couple months after they were all gone, so I decide to dose one each and from my experiences with it i could handle atleast 8 so on didn’t seem like it would do too many wonders for me. The come up was the same as always, hard hitting and very speedy . As I enjoy the trip I am on I decide to go home with (A) . We are both coming down watching television and we decide to smoke a blunt of marijuana, not just any pot but actual medicinal grade marijuana.

Anyways, we start smoking and halfway through the blunt my throat closes up on me. It feels like my throat has a lump in the back of it which is really my uvula dangling on my tongue. As I sit there trying to swallow I couldn't do it, then not too much later I can’t breath through my nose at all. No air was going in or out my nose , I had to struggle to breathe through my mouth . As I start to freak out on the inside I tell my friend to take me home. I take some Benadryl and a shower and it still didn't go away.

Later that night I got a friend to take me to hospital for them to just say there's nothing wrong with me and my breathing is 100% fine and all vital signs are perfect. My heartbeat was fine, my blood pressure was fine, everything seemed OK to them but for me it was a different story . I didn't think too much of it because I just started a job at a catfish restaurant so I thought I could have been allergic to fish or a certain type of fish. I got an epinephrin shot and it went away automatically.

Sometime later after the hospital visit, I go to a rave and dose on 2ci and it happens again except way worse. I spent thousands of dollars in doctors and nothing could be found. I can’t find any information on what’s happening to me, I wake up scared and gasping for air every day and this has been going on for months and the crazy thing is it only happens when I start to smoke bud . Right as the onset happens and I start to peak my throat swells up so bad that I can talk or breath . Friends are worried as much as I am and are doing everything they can to help.

I’ve have been told I have hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (hppd) and all the signs are there. The sky doesn't look normal, I can’t look at fences or anything far distance without seeing visuals or something moving . I’m more worried about my breathing, as it has been months and i still can’t swallow or breath. I smoke marijuana daily and everytime i start having these spells. I’m afraid that i have destroyed my brain. I'm afraid to tell a doctor I’ve been doing these drugs . I told my allergist but he said he couldn't find anything information wise.

I almost died a few times from what it seems like after smoking before. I asked all the people that I dosed and they have no problems, even my friend that doses as much as i do is still doing fine . If anyone can help me please do, have been scared for my life for months. I lost my job because I thought I was allergic to fish but after not being around the restaurant for a few months now the problem is still here. It has taken a toll on my life, I feel week and my throat feels swollen every day when i wake up until i go back to bed.

I have dosed on real lsd25 plenty times afterwards and never had problems but it was real lsd25 and was dosed out the right way. As of two days ago i haven't smoked cigarettes or marijuana or any drug at all and i still can’t swallow sometimes or breath out my nose without using a vick's inhaler. Caffeine helps me and so does eating something but shortly afterwards it starts back again. I feel like i'm choking on my tongue half the time.

Can someone please inform me on what to do or who to go see because at this point i feel like giving up. I wake up everyday thinking it will eventually close up and ill choke to death. I’m also worried about my friends that still use research chemicals even though they have more knowledge than me on these chemicals. Like i said i ate 25-i and 25c almost every other day and had no problems until i dosed on one a few months later. I really think i could have developed a trichome allergy because of this because the marijuana sets it off. For everyones information i have been smoking marijuana since i was 14, im 21 years old now and still to this day i am having very terrible trouble swallowing and breathing all together after these problems first started.

If you wanna talk or have experienced something related to my problem please PM me post here so we can discuss all this. I am at this point just trying to find someone who has experienced similar problems after taking these two chemicals. Or even post here if you know something that might be able to help me. I’ve found some people who have posted similar issues to this online, but they weren’t quite the same and the issues always seemed to reverse itself after a while.

Thank you so much for reading this and I hope i get some real good feedback on this because I’m scared for my life. Please pm me so we can talk!

If this isn't the right forum to post this please move it to the correct one.

the allergy is probably to something in the marijuana smoke:

1. does the allergy only occur after 25-*-nbome?
2. does the allergy ever occur without marijuana?
3. does the allergy ever occur with marijuana on a day without any 25-*-nbome?

if #1. is true, it is a side effect of 25-*-nbome to make you sensitive to marijuana in a new way.
if #2. is true then it is a problem you are having with the nbome itself and you need to stop nbome for a few years (allergies change over time naturally)
if #3. is true you have become allergic to marijuana, and need to take a break from that for a few years.

Thank you for this information andi haven't touched nbomes in months and still have problems smoking weed I've taken lsd25 since then but no problems while on that substance but every tome I smoke marijuana now my throat still closes up on me it only happens right .when I peak on the weed . I do have hppd because all the signs are there I was thinking it was the disorder that was doing it to me

And yes I haven't touched marijuana either and it still occurs

Thank you for this information andi haven't touched nbomes in months and still have problems smoking weed I've taken lsd25 since then but no problems while on that substance but every tome I smoke marijuana now my throat still closes up on me it only happens right .when I peak on the weed . I do have hppd because all the signs are there I was thinking it was the disorder that was doing it to me

this would seem to mean that without nbomes weed is still a problem i.e. #3 you are allergic to weed now.
but your next comment indicates that you haven't touch weed and it is still happening - so when is it happening? - getting confused now.

Well I'm only two days clean from everything and I'm still having trouble swallowing kinda and slight problems breathing . And I don't know wats doing it I've been to allergists and got tested so I kno wat all im allergic to now. If it doesn't get better within a month of doin no drugs wat should I do ?

Right when i wake u it happens idk wat is causing it still it could be my receptors for all o know telling me they are working hard and fighting off all the stress the nbomes put me under.

I think it is a panic disorder or panic attack complex:

while waking up your state of mind jerks back to reality from deep sleep (unconsciousness) through the dream states - those dream states are a lot like being stoned.
you can't avoid it.
but you will get better over time.
you will begin to accept that life normally has some strong psychedelic moments
(particularly waking from deep sleep, but also emotional times)
and you will cease to be alarmed or to panic.

Nature will heal you.

I really hope so because at this point I'm always scared and scared of taking Amy type of medicine or natural vitamins . I still need to hear other peoples views on what goin on . I still haven't found anyone that has the same exact problem. Thank u for talking with me and helping me out this means a lot to me . Nobody should have to go through this . I've here many people say xannax will help but after taking it for so long to help cope it makes everything 1,000 times worse afternot using it . I'm gonna stay clean for ever now and hope within a few weeks to a month everything will be OK again . I can only hope

It's very likely to be psychologically rooted in some sort of anxiety rather than any sort of allergy. Allergies don't, in general, suddenly develop overnight, or with chronic exposure - they are immune system responses that are present from birth. People don't wake up one day and find that they are allergic to peanut butter, for instance.* If you've been smoking weed for more than a day or two, it's very unlikely to be a true allergy.

Stressful or scary experiences can leave emotional imprints though. That's probably what's happening here, because you had a bad reaction once, when you get exposed to cannabis your body 'remembers' the anxiety and puts you into panic mode. Common symptoms of panic attacks include... feeling like you're unable to breathe, and worrying you're going to die.

This sort of pattern/story is quite common, actually. Occasionally someone who smokes weed all the time will have a bad experience, and if it's stressful enough, then they find that every time they smoke weed afterwards, it gets worse. It's self reinforcing because the anxiety gets worse every time, in general.

The solution: If you have nothing wrong with you as verified by your doctor, just try to trust in one of the oldest circuits in your brain. Learn some breathing exercises and try to stay calm when it happens. Don't forget to cough if you need to. Perhaps try moderating your dose a bit - if you're used to taking big hits, take a few small puffs and wait.

Try taking a short (5-7 day) smoking break and see if it gets any better. If you find smoking weed makes it worse, stop smoking weed for a bit... Also, try switching to a vaporiser or a bong if you can - so you're not inhaling hot smoke (at least cool it down). It could be a response to inhaling hot gas. Or - another option - you could be getting sick.

* In some cases people can get away with one exposure to an allergen before they get reactions afterwards, in a process called sensitization.

Last edited:
not true at all about allergies being an issue from birth,
many allergies emerge and pass away.
my wife is currently allergic to nuts chicken, shell fish etc.
but we used to eat all those things together 20 years ago.
I used to be allergic to tobacco smoke, grass, dust animal dander etc.
not so any more.

I haven't touched marijuana or any substance other than benzos to help my anxiety . I smoke bongs all the time . Pipes vapes and blunts and papers mostly bongs and pipes bit I haven't smoked cigs or pot in a while and still can't swallow right . It still feels as if I'm swallowing my uvula . Its been a little more manageable to deal with since I haven't smoked or anything but hasn't gone away I'm giving it a another month without drugs . And I did try the whole taking small doses it effected the same as my regular high doses of marijuana . I no longer touch nbbomes or any other chems anymore. . I've been prescribed ssri's and nasal spray bit not sure of I want to take them from what I here ssri's will destroy serotonin receptors and after a while of not taking them u feel crazy and suicidal. Friend said low dose of benzos can help but also I'm afraid to start taking that because of my hppd. I've done some research and from what I have seem it gets worse once u stop taking benzos . I've been giving tips like such as taking magnesium to help with myproblem and my asthma bit not fully sure . I went n bought a epipen today just in case I have a terrible spell but that's only if I really really need it . I do see a change since I've stopped but its still quite visible . I've been thinking about vitamins or hollistic and natural healing oils to use .

And when I mean I'm giving it a few months that means I'm waiting to see if it gets better so I don't have to tell a psychologist all the crazy substances I've been abusing . That's the last thing I wanna do . I want this to heal so I can live life . But as of right now I still feel scared and just want to be able to swallow the right way again .

It sounds to me like you are getting some sort of allergic reaction to something you are exposed to on a regular basis, so probably in your home or clothes etc.. or something you eat super frequently and the other factors are making it worse. Smoking stuff is obviously taxing on your respiratory system and it can make you much more aware of sensitive body issues and also NBOMe compounds may modulate the immune system just like 2C-B and other 2C-X compounds can do apparently. This has been observed for years now (for example increased production of mucus) and it was recently confirmed that 2C-X compounds can activate the immune system in a certain way. So the drugs may have exacerbated your issues or may have even played a role in the sudden presentation of your allergy.

Though it's confusing that people who are supposed to know more about that shit aren't being helpful. Have you done a full panel scratch tests?

My ex-girlfriend has a very complex and unusual sensitivity to certain compounds that are in lots of foods. She was referred back and forth for years before getting effective help and people recognizing her problem. Although she got quite different symptoms.

Other than this help from this forum is likely to remain limited and you will probably need to go on a quest of sorts to figure it out..

Right now I wouldn't be looking for anything to take to change things. Give it all a rest, eat healthy and simple, get plenty of exercise and good sleep, remove stressors from your life and you may find that things get easier.

Well if it helps then why not right ? When I take a benzo I don't feel like I'm swallowing my uvula when I get ready for bed at night without it I'd be pulling my hair out from how aggravating it gets and my life routine is simple ,been that way for years I don't do anything out of the ordinary besides eat the foods i normally eat and smoke weed this all happened when I ingest 25-I nbome and 25c . And I know for a fact because I dosed again one time on Pandora which is suposeably 2ci derivative of 25-I and I literally almost died at the rave idk how I even made it to this point to be honest .but since that I haven't touched nbpmes or Amy chems other than lsd25 and I had no problems on the lsd25 . Last time I dosed on anything was a couple months ago and it was lsd25 . But yes I've had allergists test me I'm allergic to peanuts ,mold, all grass and trees . Basically the typical allergy stuff . I even had a emt I think that's what they r called stick a camera up my nose and down my throat hole and no sign of cancer,tumors,or anything
They can't seem why my throat is swelllin and why I'm freaking out so it has to be the nbome

Allergies can develop out of nowhere mostly to things you are exposed to frequently, you argued this yourself. You also said you feel like you get the allergic reaction feeling constantly, not only when you trip it seems. I also suggested why ingesting these type of substances may make matters worse.
That benzo's help could be a sign that there is a psychological component to this, or merely that benzo's contribute to a sense of physical comfort and security.

If you are right and NBOMe compounds are really the only things that are causing this, just stay the hell away from them. :)

I definitely am staying away from them have been for a while
I just want this to go away . Right now its happening I'm freaking out a little bit I go to the mirror and open my mouth and I can't even see my uvula its so swollen . I'm tired of this . I need to find seething to make it go away . Doesn't matter what it is I'm so close to just using my epipen or emitting myself . I am losing hope . I try so hard to make the best of this and ignore it but it finds its ways of messing with me . I really regret taking it in the first place . I shouldn't have dosed so often on it or even at all . Someone said my batch could have been contaminated but if it was my friends would most likely be having problems similar to mine but nobody is . I don't know what to believe or who to listen to at this point anymore there's really good information here from everybody but don't know wat to go with or how to handle this situation . I've pulled chunks of hair out because it gets on my nerves so bad .

how often were you taking it
how much were you taking
what did you like about it?