View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

20X Salvia first time advice

SuperChef

Greenlighter
I have been through a lot of crap recently so have decided to treat myself by trying Salvia for the first time (have wanted to for a long while.) So I've bought 1g of 20X Salvia extract. I have had experience with LSD and countless amazing experiences with mushrooms, for some reason I've never had a mind-blowing trip from LSD, never taken enough I guess, but mushrooms have always kept me happy. I was just wondering what kind of dosage you guys would recommend if I was going to plug it, and what I might use as a solvent? I've heard anywhere between 50-100mg but I'm looking for a really out of this world experience and I think that was mainly meant for if I was smoking it and I'm not sure whether or not that's a more efficient way to take it?
Cheers :)

You need a sober sitter experienced with salvia to watch you & keep you sat down, it can make you totally black out, it's not like LSD or mushrooms at all. Never heard of anybody plugging it, it's usually smoked.

Yeah I am going to have a trusted friend as a sober sitter, I've met a few people who have sworn by plugging it. Better absorption or something..

I will probably smoke it, was just considering plugging as with most things somehow it always ends up better up the ass haha!

Even if you decide not to, I would still be very interested if anyone has any info or experience with plugging salvia.

Prepare for Blast Off

If it's fortified leaf you have then I somehow doubt the best way would be plugging it - absorption would I suspect be an issue. Concentrated tincture might be a more successful way if administering rectally. For fortified leaf then the smoked method of delivery is probably the best bet, as previous posters have wisely suggested.

Best thing is just to keep an open mind. I had many years (over 30) of powerful experiences and nothing prepared me for Salvia 10x, (only about 50mg). I am thankfully a soft-head, which is good on the pocket and lungs.

It will, as you probably already know, be short - though it might as well be timeless as you will have no idea if it will last for eternity - and brutal in its savage tearing you away from the reality you were in just moments before. And the time from onset to full immersion into the other world will probably be only a tiny fraction of a second - so any thoughts of "holding on" get swept away like a whirlwind. That's if you get a breakthrough. I wouldn't advocate anything less. If you overdo it you will probably just suffer a bit extra shock. It will pass. As for PTSD - I have seen it mentioned and can see how it might happen. I think personally it has huge therapeutic potential.

I wouldn't have missed it for the world and indeed went on to longer experiences with the tincture. Maybe one of the nicest parts is afterwards when there's a long subtle deep afterglow which persists, and the knowledge that this must be the biggest and craziest "Jeez ...... What the Fuck Happened There" magic potion that has defied scheduling in many places in the world. At least that's so where I live =D

Salvia can't be plugged effectively, I don't think.

Stick to smoking it with a jet/torch lighter, and have a sober sitter :)

No one here is recommending tea or just chewing it, but I've heard mostly good things about that. I've heard almost exclusively bad things about smoking it.

Smoked salvia gets a bad rap. I think partly why is a lot of people expect it to have a powerful euphoric push to it (c.f. DMT) that just simply isn't there. People also do salvia extract in unmeasured or excessive dosages and in bad situations for a high-caliber psychedelic. On the other hand if you are mentally prepared and have a good set/setting it can be just as introspective and useful as anything else, if not moreso. If you smoke a bunch in your living room with a bunch of stoner friends watching you, you'll be a lot less satisfied than if you find somewhere comfortable like your room or somewhere outside, without too much strong stimulation, and a single person you trust nearby who remains quiet and motionless unless you're going to harm yourself, if you fall or something.

It does not help that people read reports and/or "bad trip" videos and stuff like that and just assume that they too will freak out. Having expectations that you will have a bad time is a surefire way to end up having a bad time!

Also, you can't really chew 20X extract - well, I suppose you could try, but it's a lot harder than chewing the leaves. The idea is to have the salvinorin absorb sublingually & through the cheek/gums (buccally), maybe you can try that. Making tea is ineffective unless you sip it slowly & hold it in your mouth - salvinorin A is not orally absorbed.

Last edited:
You need a sober sitter experienced with salvia to watch you & keep you sat down,.

this should be a number one rule of salvia labeled on the fucking package. especially if you are in a non safe place or any place with hard objects you could crash into.

i once ran into a street and then a hedge in someones lawn. i could have just have easily run off the dock into a canal i was seated by

this should be a number one rule of salvia labeled on the fucking package. especially if you are in a non safe place or any place with hard objects you could crash into.

i once ran into a street and then a hedge in someones lawn. i could have just have easily run off the dock into a canal i was seated by

Not only on salvia though..

I guess plugging it could work, chewing raw leaves gave me a mild effect. Extracts are made to be smoked though. The '20X' is often meaningless, it's not some standardized strength, one brand of '15X' had little effect, another '5X' knocked me out. Dosing salvia is hard, there can be a fine line between not getting much effect & blacking out, which is why you need a sitter, it only lasts for 5 minutes (smoked) but it can be much more powerful than lsd or mushrooms & it works in a totally different way.

It can be very introspective & be like a quick mental reset.

Don't do it, it's a trick!!

Seriously the worst substance on the planet.....I've never had such a terrible sensation as I did with salvia.....and I've never watched any of my friends do it more than once.....it's just not fun in any way shape or form.

But I guess if your doing it for some sort of "growth or spiritual purpose" have at it

Well I like to try everything at least once for myself, I am sort of doing it to clear my head and have a sort of refresh of the mind so to speak.

And supposedly with the plugging you mix the extract with a liquid and pop it up with a syringe. It isn't soluble in water but apparently saliva works.. :s

If you have never done Salvia before better do not start with an extract but with leaves. It can be totally overwhelming, bizarre and frightening.
A very interesting substance but you better don't anger the Herb-Goddess by not respecting it ;)

And afaik smoking is the only way to have a "breakthrough" experience. And even if it works rectally I would not like the sensation of a plugged liquid while the effects start working^

And afaik smoking is the only way to have a "breakthrough" experience. And even if it works rectally I would not like the sensation of a plugged liquid while the effects start working^

Yeah I suppose you are right. Might not be the best haha.
Don't worry I respect it plenty and don't frighten to easily! We will see anyway. I'll let you know whether I suffer a severe mental breakdown or come out of it a better person!

plugging definitely will not work at all unless you have teeth in your anus.

even pure salvinorin A will not plug at all.
it is a waxy crystalline solid., imagine how much you would absorb from a paraffin candle stuck up your bum.

you need a threshold amount in your blood within 90 seconds, at least 300 mics,
most people need 1000 mics of salvinorin A to "break through"
a gram of plain leaf has 2500 mics
a gram of 20x has 50000mics, enough for 50 trips smoked only, it's the only way to get the drug into your blood fast enough.

Daniel Siebert the salvia researcher has a nasty elixir - very expensive, not recommended.
Dr. Ott used DMSO and acetone as solvents for a disgusting elixir.

So.. I tried earlier, ended up going through 0.5g in a gravity bong and just feeling a bit stoned and fuzzy for 5 minutes... no breakthrough, no trippyness at all. Was using a normal lighter constantly held on the salvia, could this be why? Some anecdotal sources say it will only work with a higher temperature flame. Maybe try again tomorrow with blowtorch haha?

half a gram of plain leaf could do what you say
or bunk 20x
'you sure you have 20x?
you should be flummoxed if you had .5g of that.

You don't need special lighters. You do need to take big hits, 2 quickly, maybe from a small pipe or a bong & not have bunk shit, need to get as much smoke in you as you can in under 20 seconds. Less than 0.1g of a 5X extract was enough to wipe me out. I had other stuff that was labeled as 15X & it wasn't much stronger than plain leaf, not strong enough to get more than a fuzzy stoned feeling for 5 minutes.