• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013 MLB thread

my thoughts on Game 2 So Far: Dustin Pedroia is a fucking pimp, and oh man can Wacha pitch. he should have started in Game 1

Wacha's pretty impressive. Will hopefully be a Detroit series type game where they get Wacha out of the game and score on the bullpen.
Lackey's nearly matched him. Fucking Holliday.

DAMN PAPI!!

"what is your religion? voodoo."

being a die-hard Pittsburgh Pirates fan, I despise the Cardinals in every way, shape, and form...

weren't the Sox thinking about trading Papi in the off-season? that would've been foolish...

I know they put him on waivers a few years ago. It was when he wasn't hitting and looked cooked. 2010-11.
Anyone could have had him if they were willing to pay his remaining salary.
He did look pretty bad at that point but he got himself turned around in a big way, obviously.
I didn't hear/know about a potential trade last offseason, but I'm not sure.
Good thing they didn't. People of Boston probably would have burnt down Fenway.

WTF? Doesn't anyone else care about these games?
Sox bounce back from that ridiculous(but correct) call to end game 3 and get game 4 on a 3 run homer.
Really good series so far. Ending games on obscure rules kinda sucks but the rest of the series has been all you could ask for.
Tied 2-2, aces on the mound for game 5 and then back to Fenway for game 6 and possibly 7. Good shit. Fuckin love playoff baseball.

a crazy way to lose a game and a crazy way to win a game on back to back nights :)

st. louis looked like the better team in game 3. that obstruction call is a silly rule but it seems like they got it right by the book.

go sox!

alasdair

Jon Lester's almost flawless, again. Papi with more big hits. Sox take game 5 in clean fashion. Clean as in, no ridiculous rule violations or runners picked off.
One more win and we'll have the first World Series win at Fenway since 1918.

Everyone hates the Cards and Soxs, most uninteresting series since the last time they met. Ive been done with baseball for weeks now. I only want the Red Soxs to win because my hate for the Cards can only be rivaled by my hate for the Stankees.

Big market teams always get tons of hate. I get it. Large market equals large payroll, cocky fan base, etc. At least to degree.
I wouldn't really consider St Louis a large market but they're pretty easy to dislike because of the wholesome, Cardinal Way type bullshit they try to pass off as legit. Just another baseball team. Nothing special about their style of play or their fans.
I don't how you could perceive this series as uninteresting. Every game save for game one has been tight.
The 04 series was a dog because STL was way overmatched. This series has been the polar opposite, IMO.

damn talk about a big moment for a rookie pitcher, team needs to win on the road to force game 7, wacha would solidify that g status if he has one more shut down game in him.

Id rather see a 747 fly into the stadium during the 7th inning stretch to be honest but I guess I could side with the cardinals

Everyone hates the Cards and Soxs, most uninteresting series since the last time they met.
i get not being into the teams.

there are a lot of things you could say about this series but, if you think it's been uninteresting, i think you either don't know what that word means or you have not been watching at all...

alasdair

The most interesting thing about the series has been Wacha, and that's about it. I missed the game on Monday but besides that I've watched every game. I never said it wasnt competitive, it's just the opposite of compelling for a lot of people. It's chalk cs chalk man, so many people hate these two teams. I honestly was dreading this series ever since the league championship series began. The only team I could stand in either was the dodgers.

Ill watch Wacha pitch but I hope the Soxs win, my hate for the cards runs deep as a Royals fan.

I don't think it's as wide spread as hate for the sox, but St Louis has won so many times and the I-70 series between the Royals and Cardinals solidified hate for stl for my father-family and this it was passed down to me as well as most other hard core baseball fans in this area.

Maybe you just don't understand the hate because you are more or less a true fan of the game without preconceived notions of how you should feel about other teams? My sports affiliations are almost all passed down from my father...

Wacha collapse, still gotta give him props on an awesome post season.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention 3 royals got gold gloves yesterday. Fuck yeah!

^ :)
Oh yeah, forgot to mention 3 royals got gold gloves yesterday. Fuck yeah!
the al gold gloves were pretty much monopolised by the royals and the al east :)

redsox01.jpg

alasdair