• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-ethyl-3-phenyl-4(3H)-quinazolinone (Methaqualone Analogue)

It's definitely the freebase, i made it into the hydrochloride salt with ease and loaded 35mgs into a syringe with less than spectacular results. I prefered smoking it in it's original form, the taste was much more tolerable and became kind of enjoyable after a day or two. I would chase 75-125mgs off of foil for a pretty decent feeling sedation,

(this post isn't going to be constructed very eloquently or in chronological order for that matter, I will try to get some important points down....sleep deprivation and devil pervert powder).

The first use I ended up taking 75mgs orally and smoking another 50ish mgs over the next hour. The effects weren't very apparent while I was sitting around relaxing, but once I left my house I felt a pretty unique and pleasurable feeling similar to benzo's such as alprazolam or diazepam but much more encompassing and joyous than benzo's tend to be.

Tried 85mg yesterday. Wasn't expecting much, and didn't feel much. I just was cleaning up the amount I had previously measured for testing purposes. It had also been sitting in a solution of ethanol/lime juice for a while, so maybe not the best environment. Next time will try around 125mg or so oral.

Anybody else with experiences with this compound ? I, for one, did not find etaqualone to be shit. Maybe it's some vendors out there that sold crappy etaq but 325-350mg etaqualone = melting of all my worries in the world, euphoria similar to alcohol but much less dirty, it's true that it lasts pretty shortly (maybe 2h-2h30) but it quashes away my main problem in life : falling asleep. Once I am asleep, I stay asleep so I'm not too difficult.

Felt better than butalbital. I was scripted Placidyl in 2004-2005 (just 15 every 2 months, for nights before college exams that stressed me the fuck out) but the Canadian government removed it from the market in early 2006 and caused me to be a benzo addict indirectly...and it was amazing and it would turn my body and mind into jelly, happy smooth jelly. Etaqualone comes close to this, except it causes a kind of hangover the next day, kinda similar to alcohol if I'd take more 400mg, like, waking up like if you were still drunk after a HEAVY night drinking without the inherent sickness but the same clumsiness and walking into walls. Anyway, if this lasts longer than Etaqualone, requires a smaller dosage, I'll be really happy to know.

I think it depends on whether or not you like GABAergic depressants. It's not outwardly super euphoric for some people, it seems, even with authentic stuff.

I found etaqualone to be very similar to Methaqualone, not a disappointment at all, people simply were not using correct dosing; and when combined with diphenhydramine, practically indistinguishable to Mandrax in effect, thoug DoA was shorter.
I have heard from Canadian sources (this analogue is apparently commonly sold there) that this one is better but you are correct about PO milligramage - where 300mg of Methaqualone was the standard (250mg in Mandrax), it seems that 350/300 respectively are the dosages that give the most similar effect to Quaalude and Mandrax of any of the analogues and other related compounds available.

Last edited:
Maybe quaaludes are just not for everyone then. I'm not a benzo person, either.

There are over 200 US patents on the quinazolinone sedative/hypnotic. There are very simple ways to,say, double the potency. Could it be that the unsubstituted ones FEEL better? I have a paper on drug-tests in S.Africa 'A survey of reported synthesis of methaqualoneb and some positional & structural isomers'. 23,24,25 (where toluene sits). 2 methyl, 4-halogen makes it stronger. The more electron-withdrawing the P-substitution, OR the stronger EWG is at the O-substituent, the better the EDG at Para. Quite interesting. 7-Aminos were all the rage in the later 70s.

Club card, you may have hit the nail on the head - unsubstituted ones may well FEEL better indeed.
After all, the initiation of this discussion was based on the premise that X FELT better than Y.
I had no idea that there were so many US patents on what must be, looking at your figure, an overwhelming number of tiny alterations to the basic molecule!
All of course scheduled 2 under the US CSA?

When I had ethaqualone I got next to nothing for 60min at the very most in doses of 500mg-600mg.. Could this be due to my huge benzo tolerence, 4mg clonazepam day since 04?

Anybody else with experiences with this compound ? I, for one, did not find etaqualone to be shit. Maybe it's some vendors out there that sold crappy etaq but 325-350mg etaqualone = melting of all my worries in the world, euphoria similar to alcohol but much less dirty, it's true that it lasts pretty shortly (maybe 2h-2h30) but it quashes away my main problem in life : falling asleep. Once I am asleep, I stay asleep so I'm not too difficult.

Quality of etaqualone seems to vary widely from batch to batch and from one vendor to the next. Whiles prices are lower in the US the samples I obtained here (10g) were considerably less potent than similar quantities purchased in Canada even though aspect and sweet taste were similar (like that's any indication). I'm old enough to have obtained prescribed methaqualone back in the day and the best quality ETQ obtained from a highly reputable Canadian vendor -at nearly twice the cost of the other Canadian vendors- reminded me a lot of MTQ. 300mg got me into space cadet mode in the positive sense: a mellow not-a-care-in-the-world cushy feeling not unlike that when under Nembutal or Seconal but less inebriating. Different from benzos but similar to the elusive Placidyl or, to a lesser degree, chloral hydrate.

Felt better than butalbital.

To someone who has experienced short-acting barbs Butalbital is not worth filling the script unless you really have a migraine headache.

but the Canadian government removed it [Placidyl] from the market in early 2006

For once I don't think the government had anything to do with Placidyl vanishing, the US/Canada manufacturer pulled it from the market on its own accord because sales had dropped considerably. Ethchlorvynol (Placidyl) was a derivative of methanol, from which hypnotic molecules had been synthesized since the 19th century. While ethchlorvynol itself was developed in the 1950's it was a direct descendant of old-school drugs whose safety profile was even lower than that of the newer barbiturate class. By the dawn of the 21st century this was frowned upon by physicians and they didn't write enough scripts to sustain its profitability. That being said I have fond memories of it, the effects were like a combination of short-acting barbs and chloral hydrate... as was the hangover unfortunately. AFAIK it is still legal in the US and Canada but without any supply it would be useless to get a script as it couldn't be filled.

Anybody else with experiences with this compound ? I, for one, did not find etaqualone to be shit.

I had a dud shipment once, notified the vendor and he sent me the same amount (10g) from a different batch he had just received free of charge, and it was great. Maybe the stuff simply has a short shelf life.

Even though I had a benzo tolerence I dont get why the ethaqualone didn't hit me since everytime I do amobarbital or soma I feel amazing even with my tolerance.

I am thus skeptical in gettting involved further on but I would love to as I love downers, that is if everything was in place mainly quality.

I might have gotten bad quality I hope, though the supplier (Canadian) is pretty reliable!

I reiterate: having personally verified that the material I had was 99%+, I think etaqualone is just a waste of time. Maybe people cut it with methaqualone :p

Anymore TR's/experience/knowledge behind this compound? I found it while I was unpacking a few things, so degradation could also be a factor (Was in a Room Temp environment in an air tight amber vial for roughly ~2 years) So anything new dosage wise? As this thread has some pretty mixed results.Even though there were different ROA's talked about. 300mg's orally/~50ish IV'd./Then 75mg's orally with ~50mg's smoked afterwords. So... anyone done anymore research on this chemical/or if you have any insight in the of the degradation process of the Quinazolinone family. Any help would be appreciated!

2-nitro-4-methyl is the most potent analogue known. Unlike nitromethaqualone having the nitro in the para position (easy target), it's in the ortho position and the methyl is mainly there so the body can oxidise it.

There is only one (from my current analysis) that /should/ hold both the "magic" that we see in Methaqualone; so a full bodied high, very gabaergic, kind of like weak GHB (that euphoric, everything is worderful euphoria) and a high that has no real negative aspects (unlike MMQ). Plus it should be potent.

Etaqualone was close, really damn close to the magic but then there is the potency factor.

MMQ was great in the potency factor but never made it to the magic stage.

So, after trawling through texts, patents and user experiences (to gain a more rounded view - I've tried five quinazolinones myself), I found one tiny gap. This is where the magic would be retained and yet there would be higher potency than MQ itself (how much higher, I'm not sure but at least 2-3x as high).

That is 3-HO-Methaqualone:

qq3FESQ.jpg

Thoughts, criticisms?

BTW the compound I named is in the nitromethaqualone patent.

With the substitution of the quinazolinone system, only 1 positive effect on potency is known. The 2-methyl group, substituted with a 2-fluoromethyl group doubles the potency of ALL the analogues they tested it on.

Placed on the nitromethaqualone scaffold, I would expect potency to be as high as it goes; maybe 12.5mg/dose.

The problem is, this class of sedative is very dangerous, amazingly addictive and mixed with other sedative/hypnotics, is fatal.

^^^^^ I fucking hate when bluelighters come up with their own compounds theorizing and such *without ever answering the question to begin with*, there's no way to say it nicely ur a waste of space....

Its just like people speculating things like deaths with fentanyl when they've never tried it in the first place! The fentanyl compounds are *much* safer to deal with than with a lot of other much weaker opioids which are a lot more dangerous...and something people don't consider is that the lollipop is special made for children! Children are given fentanyl out of all the opioids out there because it has little to no respiratory depression to an equivalent dose (effect wise) of morphine or oxycodone.

Clubcard have you ever even fucking tried one of these qualude compounds or are you taking information from up your asshole & erowid & wherever else u read a bit and think ok, now I've got this drug taken care of, on to the next - skips to next erowid page!!??

I'm sorry for you pissing me off so bad!!!

Last edited: