• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-ethyl-3-phenyl-4(3H)-quinazolinone (Methaqualone Analogue)

KEEP IT CIVIL GENTLEMEN PLEASE. WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE CHEMISTRY.

Nitromethaqualone is mutagenic I am 99% sure. Not sure if substitutions containing nitro are safe, I may be wrong though.

C1=C2N=C(CF)N(C3=C(N(=O)=O)C=C(C)C=C3)C(=O)C2=CC=C1 is the most potent analogue quickly, the o-NO2 isn't reduced while the p-Me is a good metabolic handle. With regular lude analogues, a fluoromethyl was an order of magnitude stronger, bringing it down to benzo-level doses. Of course, synthesis is more complex BUT in the EU at least, I think it remains legal, but I don't know the laws governing such compounds. Don't be scared when the price-tag means it isn't CHEAP. I have a paper on metabolism but starting the licensing of the 2-nitro-4-mehyl analogue in an era when benzos replaced all other downers, they didn't bother.

The MMQ compound is NOT likely to be an antagonist....quite the opposite IMO. AGONIST activity at AMPArs

Look at methyl-methaqualone thing came out but caused a lot of people tremors and at higher doses seizures. Pretty sure methaqualone has some, but lower AMPAR agonist effects. Its unusual for a GABAa agonist (PAM) to cause seizure which MQ can at overdose levels, convulsions are a feature of MQ ods as well generally iirc. the formmuscimol which is atypical of these drugs and is complex in that its usually taken in the form of fly amanita, or fly agaric, or occasionally panther cap but that contains yet other, and highly potent toxins similar to acromelic acids, and with femtomolar affinity for their target excitatory amino acid receptor, kainate receptors in the spine i believe)

The MMQ compound is NOT likely to be an antagonist....quite the opposite IMO. AGONIST activity at AMPArs

Look at methyl-methaqualone thing came out but caused a lot of people tremors and at higher doses seizures. Pretty sure methaqualone has some, but lower AMPAR agonist effects. Its unusual for a GABAa agonist (PAM) to cause seizure which MQ can at overdose levels, convulsions are a feature of MQ ods as well generally iirc. the formmuscimol which is atypical of these drugs and is complex in that its usually taken in the form of fly amanita, or fly agaric, or occasionally panther cap but that contains yet other, and highly potent toxins similar to acromelic acids, and with femtomolar affinity for their target excitatory amino acid receptor, kainate receptors in the spine i believe)

For the barb lover-Not yet had MQ but soon i hope. Ethchlorvynol and 1-ethynylcyclohexan-1-ol are on my to do list when i haven't as many other projects begging stirplate time.
I suggest chlormethiazole, about the one still readily had barb site ligand. I'm prescribed it, comes as thick, tough walled gelcaps of a funky smelling and tasting freebaseusually, syrup exists but never had it. if synthing it from thiamine, don't bother trying to salt it, waste of time and effort, its notorious for lack of forming solid salts, ethanedisulfonate is the only pharm one or indeed salt iv'e heard of. Taste initially bad but it grows on one with use, to the extent when i take it as heminevrin capsules rather than just the liquid freebase.

I agree with OBLIVION (REAL, THE) that etaqualone, branded as named and dispensed in France, is actually OK and pretty similar to methaqualone.
Has anybody ever heard of a company in Canada which synthesises chemicals for the Research market? They are called Composynth, are very expensive, and I am pretty sure that the compound under discussion is offered there. Can anyone find out for sure? I think this post is fine by board rules; they are a licit research company and out there in public domain, so it ought to be fine to mention them.