• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

1st opiate use turned into binge. Worried about withdrawals

Ok I hate to be that guy, but FIRST, your dentist is fucking awesome.
SECOND, when are you gonna quit being such a little pussy your whole life, OP?

I'm not saying this to be mean, or hateful, but if you experience withdrawal after taking 36 milligrams of dilaudid....lol that's just about the funniest gotdamn thing I think I've ever heard, I would be LMAO if I wasn't so worried that there are more people in the world that stupid. Sorry, but it's probably silly people like this that give pain patients a bad reputation.

Science is proven, in order for withdrawal to occur from opiates you must take them for AT LEAST 21 consecutive days, and I imagine that even using the whole 36mg of dilaudid EVERY DAY FOR 3 weeks would only result in very minor withdrawal.

Now you may experience CRAVINGS, but craving and withdrawal are not even similar.

TLDR; if you're that worried about withdrawal, you should stay far, far, away form opiates, as well as any other habit forming drugs. People like me have to take pills to get out of bed, and when I hear some body saying that 2mg dilaudid gives them a "nice buzz/high" or any other stupid shit like that, it just reminds me that, thanks to all the moronic, ignorant citizens of the world, I've got to practically sell my soul to get the medicine I need to function.
ALL BECAUSE DOCTORS ARE SO DAMN JADED, because of all their stupid patients that get scripted a narcotic have to go and play scarface/walter white etc....and either come back crying "addiction, I'm addicted, doc help me!!"" like a fucking retard, or they don't even come back at all, because they were so goddamned stupid, ignorant, careless, whatever, doesn't even matter anymore because Lil' Johnny Robbins killed his self with pills, and now Dr. Zchivago won't even write for some measley fucking Norco!!

Come on, citizens of the world, you have the internet, use it, stop making careless mistakes, because it's really putting a hurtin on my goddamn bones.
END RANT/

My bad, sorry OP it's not your fault, you're young and healthy, and you should be free of any withdrawal symptoms. Just research anything you put in your body, before it's too late..you're good, but 2mg of fentanyl would kill you, just fyi.
Some people take 36+mg of dilaudid every day, imagine when they run out is all, ya know?

Dont worry....In my Early drug years i took poppy seed brew daily for longer periods than you took hydrocodone.... Yes i felt shitty afterwards but it's really not compareable to a proper withdrawal.

Also oxycodon daily for about a week.

And even heroin daily for a week and no withdrawals.

I got the first withdrawals to opis in my four years lasting tilidine addiction.

Be carefull with the benzos because benzo withdrawal is another beast.

But i like your attitude...that you dont want to take opioids/opiates again...That's a wise choice and I hope you stick to it.

These American doctors are crazy I never received more than a tramadol script for oral surgery and that was with a foreign dentist!

But don't expect any withdrawals really any depression or anxiety is as much psychosomatic as anything else. Maybe you have time to exercise vigoursly if you can psuh yourself to do it it will compensate for most of the symptoms through endorphin and endocannabinoid upregulation.

I know, I can't believe the Dr. prescribed Dillies for wisdom tooth extraction. All I got were those 5/500 mg hydros. Although he did give me 60 of them :)

Ok I hate to be that guy, but FIRST, your dentist is fucking awesome.
SECOND, when are you gonna quit being such a little pussy your whole life, OP?

I'm not saying this to be mean, or hateful, but if you experience withdrawal after taking 36 milligrams of dilaudid....lol that's just about the funniest gotdamn thing I think I've ever heard, I would be LMAO if I wasn't so worried that there are more people in the world that stupid. Sorry, but it's probably silly people like this that give pain patients a bad reputation.

Science is proven, in order for withdrawal to occur from opiates you must take them for AT LEAST 21 consecutive days, and I imagine that even using the whole 36mg of dilaudid EVERY DAY FOR 3 weeks would only result in very minor withdrawal.

Now you may experience CRAVINGS, but craving and withdrawal are not even similar.

TLDR; if you're that worried about withdrawal, you should stay far, far, away form opiates, as well as any other habit forming drugs. People like me have to take pills to get out of bed, and when I hear some body saying that 2mg dilaudid gives them a "nice buzz/high" or any other stupid shit like that, it just reminds me that, thanks to all the moronic, ignorant citizens of the world, I've got to practically sell my soul to get the medicine I need to function.
ALL BECAUSE DOCTORS ARE SO DAMN JADED, because of all their stupid patients that get scripted a narcotic have to go and play scarface/walter white etc....and either come back crying "addiction, I'm addicted, doc help me!!"" like a fucking retard, or they don't even come back at all, because they were so goddamned stupid, ignorant, careless, whatever, doesn't even matter anymore because Lil' Johnny Robbins killed his self with pills, and now Dr. Zchivago won't even write for some measley fucking Norco!!

Come on, citizens of the world, you have the internet, use it, stop making careless mistakes, because it's really putting a hurtin on my goddamn bones.
END RANT/

My bad, sorry OP it's not your fault, you're young and healthy, and you should be free of any withdrawal symptoms. Just research anything you put in your body, before it's too late..you're good, but 2mg of fentanyl would kill you, just fyi.
Some people take 36+mg of dilaudid every day, imagine when they run out is all, ya know?

Uhhm my opiate addiction right from the start was unprescribed, never even had an opiate script... So I'm not one of the ones who fucked it up for you... Right?

OP I'm sure you'll be fine, but unless you want opiates to make you its slave id strongly recommend you stay far far away. As in never use again away...

anxiety will turn a simple bug bite into cancer
you wont exp WD of any sorts been there done that
i also have anxiety issues

the bigger question is now that you got your first taste, will you continue to use?

^^^ indeed. It would be highly advised you don't continue though. You clearly have whatever it is that makes someone love opiates (a rare few seem not to for some reason), and it sounds like if you keep using them, you will become addicted at some point or another, and you're right, a strong opioid withdrawal is nothing short of torture. You're right to be a little afraid, it wont kill you of course, but it really can't be properly conveyed in words what it's like, you've either experienced it or you haven't. Much like high that you were after in the first place. So yeah, your life, your choices. But it sure sounds like you would have a problem if you kept doing them. A at least you've never shot up an opioid with a good rush, you wont have to deal with craving that part, or a needle fixation. All you gotta live with is knowing how good the high is. Still something that can be hard to stop yourself from wanting to experience again.

But trust me, if you keep going, in the long run it'll never be as good as it was when it was new to you, but you'll still be its bitch anyway.

Like I said, your life, just my advice based on my experiences as a long term IV heroin addict. I can't deny what there is to experience with opioids includes pleasure and peace still far beyond what you've experienced so far. But the price is too high, in the long run the pain it can bring in far more ways than just withdrawal just isn't worth it.