View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides 1D-LSD

Viraldrome

Bluelighter
Another new frankendrug made to avoid European laws. 150 mic blotters. I never tried the 1V, and probably won't. But anyway there is no info kicking around at all so I thought I would make a thread. Cut and paste from the manufacturer:

IUPAC(8β)-1-(1,2-dimethylcyclobutane-1-carbonyl)-N,N-diethyl-6-methyl-9,10-didehydroergoline-8-carboxamide hemi-L-tartrate
Other names1-(1,2-dimethylcyclobutane-1-carbonyl)-lysergic acid diethylamide hemi-L-tartrate

WHAT IS 1D-LSD?

1D-LSD (1-(1,2-dimethylcyclobutane-1-carbonyl)-lysergic acid diethylamide hemi-L-tartrate) is a psychedelic research chemical and lysergamide derivative with an ergoline backbone. 1D-LSD is a prodrug of LSD and an analogue of 1V-LSD. Since it is a prodrug, it shares many similar properties with LSD itself but also 1V-LSD, 1P-LSD, 1cP-LSD and 1B-LSD. However, 1D-LSD also has some distinguishing features including a faster onset and slightly shorter duration compared to its cousins.

1D-LSD contains a cyclobutanecarbonyl group bound to the indole nitrogen of the LSD backbone, this cyclobutane group is further substituted with two methyl groups to form a highly-strained pro-moiety. Due to the strained configuration of the 1,2-dimethylcyclobutane unit, 1D-LSD rapidly metabolises on ingestion providing a quick onset of action.

WHY 1D-LSD?

In a time where drug legislation in some countries is becoming a sign of oppression, 1D-LSD is a beacon of light and hope that continues to further propagate our mission to provide the LSD experience to those who seek it. The 2022 amendment to the German NpSG banned 1V-LSD and many other lysergamides. However, since 1D-LSD contains a dimethyl substituted cycloalkyl group, it is not covered by this new legislation.

There are a couple of trip reports on Reddit. The thing that sticks out to me about it being a little different than the others is the shorter duration of around 8 hours.
That's not a "shorter duration", that's a perfectly standard duration for an LSD trip.

When will people learn that any 1X-LSD compound is just a prodrug for the real thing?

That's not a "shorter duration", that's a perfectly standard duration for an LSD trip.

When will people learn that any 1X-LSD compound is just a prodrug for the real thing?

I don't know. It seems so simple. Even the guy who made 1V-LSD seems to think it has "shorter duration" despite being a prodrug according to everyone ever.

I don't know. It seems so simple. Even the guy who made 1V-LSD seems to think it has "shorter duration" despite being a prodrug according to everyone ever.
Different people, different metabolisms. Pharmacokinetic may change as well - maybe the large organic moiety helps it get to the brain quicker, but at the end of the day, it gets converted to LSD

I’m aware that they are pro drugs. Pro drugs don’t always have identical effects to the parent drug. A good example being 4 Aco DMT compared to Psilocin.
LSD is the psychedelic I have most experience with and 8 hours isn’t a standard duration for It. By 8 hours you’re certainly coming down but not at baseline like the report I read suggested. Regular LSD reaches baseline around 10-12 hours in, closer to 12 in my experience.
A lot of people notice slight differences in the LSD prodrugs effects and prefer some over others, this tells me they aren’t identical to LSD despite being pro drugs, though in my experience they are pretty close.

Ok that might have been little incoherent rambling, it doesn't mean some could not process it pretty fast anyway.

But I am persistently doubtful about those reports.

A good example being 4 Aco DMT compared to Psilocin
You really wanna talk about this? Beware, I am willing to devote a full workweek worth of hours on explaining why 4-AcO-DMT is NOT different than psilocin (as far as objective pharmacology is concerned). This is one of the few hills I am willing to die on

You really wanna talk about this? Beware, I am willing to devote a full workweek worth of hours on explaining why 4-AcO-DMT is NOT different than psilocin (as far as objective pharmacology is concerned). This is one of the few hills I am willing to die on
I expect a full dissertation. You have 40 hours to complete it, starting now.

I expect a full dissertation. You have 40 hours to complete it, starting now.
Well what I want to rebuke is the idea that 4-AcO-DMT possesses unique effects of its own, different than those of psilocin/psilocybin, that are independent of its prodrug-activity and its pharmacokinetics, in other words, that it not just a way of getting psilocin to the brain, but is actually an "active" drug. This is a very common belief among us "tryptamine enjoyers" ;). However I do think it's false for a number of reasons, the most notable being that simply of the placebo. When you eat mushrooms, you are quite literally consuming an organic, fleshy substance that grew out of the ground (or more likely a shoebox under some dudes bed), where as when you take 4-AcO, you are taking a white powder that you got from the internet, produced in China. Therefore, its fully reasonable to assert that the common claim of "4-AcO has more synthetic visuals" is merely a placebo only from the synthetic appearance of the drug, and conversely, the "organic" visuals of psilocybin being only from its natural appearance. I don't actually think that any slight chance to the drug's structure could significantly alter the visual profile of the drug, especially considering how nebulous and vague "synthetic" and "organic" visuals are as a concept. If you don't believe me, then consider how funny of a coincidence it is, that the only psychedelic that has a "nature-like feel" constantly attributed to it, is psilocybin, which just happens to be present in a "natural" form (that is, the mushroom). The psychedelic experience obviously leaves us extremely suggestible, so to think that one couldn't have very different experiences based merely on pre-existing beliefs, is naïve. Similar experiments of self-suggestion influencing a trip (and with only a single compound, LSD) were carried out by Leary.

As for as actual metabolism goes, the acetyl group is also known to get rapidly cleaved off in the body, and it's unlikely that there even is a lot of 4-AcO-DMT left in the body after, say, 30 minutes of ingestion, rather, it's all converted to psilocin. There's also no change of the effect profile anywhere during the trip, which is what we see with drugs, where both the pro-drug and the active metabolite have different effects (like dextromethorphan and its breakdown product, dextrorphan, which are both active, but in different ways). The 5-HT2A receptor is also probably too tight to accommodate such a large group as the acetyl group (whereas we know that the hydroxyl group of psilocin is a near-perfect match for it.) Rant over.

8 hours isn't standard - more like 10 to 12 hours is standard
As far as the metabolism of literally every single human being goes, that's perfectly within standard deviation. The difference between an 8 hour trip and 10 hour trip on LSD is proportionally the same as a 4 hour trip and a 5 hour trip on mushrooms, yet no one would claim that even a mushroom trip of 3.5 hours or 6 hours is of unusual length.

@HOOH how would you explain the trip that happens instantaneously after IVing 4 aco DMT before it has a chance to be converted to 4 ho DMT. Wouldn’t this imply that 4 aco DMT would be active on its own?

@HOOH how would you explain the trip that happens instantaneously after IVing 4 aco DMT before it has a chance to be converted to 4 ho DMT. Wouldn’t this imply that 4 aco DMT would be active on its own?
no, since the conversion from AcO to OH is extremely rapid, as is evident by heroin, which immediately converts to morphine (diamorphine has technically no activity on its own). also, *even if* the conversion to psilocin would take time, this would indeed mean that 4-aco-dmt would be active on its own, it still wouldnt mean that the typical 4-aco-dmt experience (oral ROA) would be caused by 4-aco (as in that case, the conversion would have enough time to happen).
oh great - you know how to multiply by 2

tell me what else you know

:unsure:
you know you can quote or atleast tag me if you want a reply, i dont have notifications on for every thread i have ever posted in. and i would hope you'd reserve the snarky comments for another time, as me having to point out simple mathematics doesnt confer me being simple, but you needing that simplicity

8 hours isn't standard - more like 10 to 12 hours is standard
no, since the conversion from AcO to OH is extremely rapid, as is evident by heroin, which immediately converts to morphine (diamorphine has technically no activity on its own). also, *even if* the conversion to psilocin would take time, this would indeed mean that 4-aco-dmt would be active on its own, it still wouldnt mean that the typical 4-aco-dmt experience (oral ROA) would be caused by 4-aco (as in that case, the conversion would have enough time to happen).

you know you can quote or atleast tag me if you want a reply, i dont have notifications on for every thread i have ever posted in. and i would hope you'd reserve the snarky comments for another time, as me having to point out simple mathematics doesnt confer me being simple, but you needing that simplicity
The standard probably varies between individuals I'm sure we can arrive at a general consensus with extensive research however forbidding such compounds is not the way to approach this kind of weird science do I feel like a guinea pig taking this? Idk if I want to last few RC lysergic blotters had me wigging out of my wits really been hesitant on getting more but I should probably point the finger at my bottom of the barrel set and setting lol so to speak barrel in my mouth nope only because I don't own guns bahah I see this was designed with the sole intention of working around the ban on 1V in Europe? Anyways I would try this my preferred source has it plus I know how rampant it is now on clearnet like shopping in the mall for this stuff basically lol

Using a basic math equation basic sense of humor?