• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1980's Microdot

Was DOM actually popular in the '80s? I was not aware of this....

Obviously the identity of microdots from decades ago is completely unsolvable now, but every story I ever heard from older trippers made it sound like most mescaline microdots were likely just LSD. I've been told by several of them that they couldn't distinguish them from any other LSD trip, and that includes one person who tried 100% guaranteed DOM in the '60s during the STP pill incident and lamented not being able to get the same trip out of LSD for decades to come, so that seems pretty significant.

To my knowledge, microdots often used higher dosages than blotters and such. Maybe that's why it was so strong?

Was DOM actually popular in the '80s? I was not aware of this....

Obviously the identity of microdots from decades ago is completely unsolvable now, but every story I ever heard from older trippers made it sound like most mescaline microdots were likely just LSD. I've been told by several of them that they couldn't distinguish them from any other LSD trip, and that includes one person who tried 100% guaranteed DOM in the '60s during the STP pill incident and lamented not being able to get the same trip out of LSD for decades to come, so that seems pretty significant.

To my knowledge, microdots often used higher dosages than blotters and such. Maybe that's why it was so strong?

I think you are correct. I'd never heard of DOM until a few years ago and I don't think it was common in the UK. When I started tripping you basically had a choice between acid and mushrooms. At least you knew what you were getting, but there were still issues over how much you actually got on a blotter (or microdot).

One thing I do remember about the microdots is that when you crushed them in your mouth there was a clear metallic taste. I guess the method of administration also led to a quicker absorption hence the faster come up and perhaps a higher concentration of LSD in the bloodstream?

This topic comes up every so often and I have to say I still scratch my head. Me being very interested in psychedelics by the time I hit 14 and researched morning glory seeds and things like that I knew that the "mesc" in the little pill was not mescaline. But most people really thought they had mescaline in a pill form. Where I scratch my head is some of those microdot doses were different from blotter acid. None lasted more than 6-8 hours. 2 of them were a little different than a blotter. None of them do I suspect was a DOx drug as they didn't last long. I never came across those DOx drugs and I think I had a good in on what was going on. But whatever they were some of them were an excellent psychedelic.

I would love each and every dose I ever did tested. I still think LSD was in those little barrels. Purple mesc, pink mesc, all over in the late 70's and early 80's.

Greetings all.

Back in the early 80's my friends and I did ALOT of microdot. Problem is we were told this was mescaline but I've read a bunch of stuff saying that it couldn't have been that. They were called strawberry (red) or yellow (sunshine). Most were asprin shaped but tiny about 2 or 3 mm. some were about the same size but were more barrel shaped. The high was very intense, speeding, colors, trails, laughing until our faces hurt etc. Smoking pot was usually a must to take the "edge" off. We also drank beer with it but it seemed like a waste of beer since you could drink large amounts without much effect.

We didn't have the internet to get info on it and so since the "dealer" was a very close friend of mine, she said mescaline, I believed her, but I see now this couldn't have been the case.

So, LSD or mescaline, it was awsome even though at 57yrs. old, I don't think I would do it now. After all these years I still wonder about the contents of these tiny pills that would last 8 to 12hrs+

Any input would be nice.
I found this question because I was searching "what was in the drug they called Microdots, Beaners, scleeners ". In the 80s, it was known as Mescaline by everyone I knew. They were barrel shaped, like a small piece of colored pencil lead, only a little fatter. There were varieties people called double domes or purple microdots, among others. I knew back then it wasn't really mescaline, because I had learned about Peyote and its psychoactive ingredient Mescaline and how big of a pill one would have to take if it really were mescaline. I assumed it was LSD. It seemed that mescaline sounded better to people than LSD in that the name LSD was a little jarring to people. In school, they played us the movie " Go ask Alice" it seems every year. Most people, when they heard LSD, thought of people jumping off roofs because they thought they could fly ( like in the movie) or people losing their minds in a perpetual trip you could never escape from. LSD had a bad reputation back then and marketing it as Mescaline perhaps sidestepped that. This us just a guees obviously... I may add that I live in Michigan and calling Microdots mescaline back in the day may have been a regional thing. I just know that that is what everyone called it. As time went on in the 80s, these tiny Microdots started to become larger. Knowing, or at least thinking, it was LSD, I was always suspicious, as a small Microdot was a sufficient size to carry a dose of LSD..
We had LSD back then. It was called blotter. It came on sheets of perforated paper with a design printed on it. Space Invaders is one that I can recall.

Yeah...there were purple and orange microdot found commonly back in the 80s. They were everywhere, and blotter was everywhere. And it was almost always good. But the lore was, as was stated above, that they were "Mescaline", which I do not believe based on factors mentioned by others in this thread. The one thing that seemed strange to me is that some parts of the experience did seem somewhat different from LSD, though mostly similar. I recall noticing that the visual aspects appeared different, and tried even then not to attribute it to a placebo effect because I always assumed, even back then, that they were not mescaline. But they were common and they sure worked. I do not think I ever had duds or weak ones, generally speaking. The quality of the blotter back then in my parts was also totally insane, and I saw hundreds of sheets back then, knew lots of people, and it was the consensus at the time. Finding duds, (especially from say 1980 to 1987 or 88) or "lesser" LSD was much harder than finding insanely good LSD. It was so good you always had to be very careful when you found new quantity (or even any new tabs) because underestimating it and having it be more potent than you expected was very common at the time, for sure.

I had some orange micro dots in around 2003 that the person selling them said were mescaline but obviously wasn't.

My first microdot was pink 1972 absolutely brilliant from the UK ...they came in a variety of colours at the time 1972 -1980....brilliant acid ...have to mention the windowpane as well .

I remember hearing about microdot acid being around in my neck of the woods in the mid 90s. They had a reputation for being stronger than the blotter tabs, but I never tried them. There were also frequently rumours of this or that batch being "laced with strychnine/rat poison" and speedy or edgy as a result, which was surely just superstitious explanation for idiosyncratic trips, rather than fact.

But I do wonder if there really were LSD variants or even different chems (DOM etc) floating around at the time as "acid". Probably not but I fancy the idea.

I remember hearing about microdot acid being around in my neck of the woods in the mid 90s. They had a reputation for being stronger than the blotter tabs, but I never tried them. There were also frequently rumours of this or that batch being "laced with strychnine/rat poison" and speedy or edgy as a result, which was surely just superstitious explanation for idiosyncratic trips, rather than fact.

But I do wonder if there really were LSD variants or even different chems (DOM etc) floating around at the time as "acid". Probably not but I fancy the idea.
I feel like the microdot of the 70's and 80's was definitely "edgier".

There was legendary acid around in the very early 70's like Orange Sunshine and White Lightning. This was followed a bit later by Clear Window Pane and red and green Window Pane. The clear Pane was tiny and nice and clean. The red and green were bigger and seemed "edgier". The red was a good dose and the green mediocre.

Then, there was no acid available for a while and then microdot hit and was around for years. The dot varied, but was generally a workingman's dose. One hit was a decent trip but nothing to write home to mom about. It also seemed speedier and I noticed that people's faces would flush and get red.

One was a decent trip without too much edginess, etc., but the side effects manifested once you took two or more. Two or three hits of dot always seemed to make me feel pretty tight for the first couple/few hours.

Years later, some of the blotter I got at Dead shows seemed to be dosed similarly (a little less than the good dot, maybe). However, it varied in the side effects. Generally, it was cleaner than dot and a lot of it was smooth sailing taking two hits.

I do know that there are no Lysergic compounds which could contaminate a blotter which have any effects at the dose possible to fit in a blotter (or dot).
I also know that CBD is basically devoid of psychoactive effects, but it can dramatically change THC's effect.

I remember those pills from the 80s in Vancouver. As a 14 year old we would walk down a shady part of Granville St and they would sell them to us - WE WERE KIDS! Fak! Anyway, despite today's ethics, that happened. It was a wild ride for a 14 yr old.
Getting back on track - they were very small, like the chart showed, less than 2 millimetres, but they were very potent, like "talk to God" potent. We quickly developed tolerance and were doing double hits and more every chance we got. Ever gone to Science class on acid? It's pretty fucked up. I haven't done LSD since then due to a crazy bad trip, but I'm interested in Micro-dosing these days., but that's for another thread.