16mg clonazepam a day...

yeah i got the same lesson from weed and mushrooms, being on meds is bad. i wish i had listened to that lesson (this was before benzos) but i didnt and went on benzos anyways like a retard. like i said before, if you want to trip i suggest doing it now because once you get down to the lower doses of clonazepam and you start experiencing a host of withdrawal symptoms, you might not feel up to it.

^No, its not... thanks. Its sad that it took a year for you to feel better, and for the record, I've only been on them for about 2 years, maybe one year at high doses, i started out on just 30mg temazepam.... sigh, if i could turn back time.

^This is how I started my first benzo: temazepam, and that description fits perfectly, only difference is i was using oxycodone (which i dont anymore, but I have to take suboxone, since I dont think I can handle decreasing both of these drugs at the same time, and KP currently takes priority)

I'd like to address the ways that it SEEMS (at least) benzos affect my life currently:

-Panic. I'm so scared that I'm taking a dose this high, I'm always wondering what its doing to me, I dont FEEL it too much, I'm afraid to even smoke weed lately, one of the few things that does usually help me, because I'll start thinking too much. On the other hand, I also get panicky REDUCING my dose cuz I wonder what going down on 16mg might do to me... (not to mention the fear of more panic)

-Urinary crap. I dont know if this is even truly related, I always feel like I have to go pee, but this is also just a sign of anxiety, which I've had lots of lately. It would scare the fuck out of me if it was actually CAUSED by the klonopin (i.e. if benzos actually fuck up your urinary tract directly)

-I feel like... even though everything "breaks through" to me, I am living with my head in the clouds. Im not as motivated as I was, I'm harder to excite (almost nothing excites me lately...) I sometimes feel callous and dissociated (even though, every here and there I'll have an INTENSE flood of emotions that will make me feel alive again, and make me cry usually).

Even when I started taking these insane doses, EVEN when they had more of a direct effect on me, and MIND YOU I'VE TAKEN 32MG/DAY FOR WEEKS SOMETIMES. I dont know what the fuck I was thinking, it was just due to my tolerance.... now my actual question is this:

Lets say I am actively decreasing my dose and all that shit, I have already started as I mentioned before, lets say that this takes a while, I will say that my goal is to be happy without these fucking meds by this time next new year's..

The fact that I have to continue taking them, will another year fuck me further, even if i am decreasing? I'm thinking, fuck it, I may try some crazy fast detox and if something goes wrong have my gf inject me with midazolam or something.... I'm running out of options.

Is there anything I can switch to, maybe like, half and half? Just as an example, what if i took 8mg of klonopin and instead of 8mg of more klonopin at night, I took 6mg xanax or maybe something with a long half life (the problem is... it prolly cant be valium cuz its not potent enough), this way, maybe I would risk less problems? Any ideas from people that know benzos would be very helpful!

Happy new year's, you can probably guess what my resolution is gonna be

PS: I do have GAD if that matters, or at least I'm diagnosed with it and have convinced myself I have it

Yay for reviving an old thread, but.. dude, you need therapy.

yeah its funny how when you're on benzos you end up worrying so much about what the benzo is doing to you that the idea of taking the benzo to help anxiety becomes absurd. worrying about benzos can become a major SOURCE of anxiety.

this is so very true..

but wow 20mg therapeutic?? i'm on 2mg a day and i get anxious thinking about that dose..

i started taking it daily about a year ago (started at 0.5) and for 6 months now 2mg/daily.. I tried to reduce my dosage but with little luck since i get stressed a lot during work and uni and fall back very quickly, hell even my current dose doesn't make me feel comfortable

but I have a couple of weeks vacation coming up (3 weeks to be specific)..

would it be possible to go cold turkey and kill this demon in 3 weeks? or at least during a fast taper?

my parents kinda know about this stuff (dad was on it too) so they might create an environment for me.. but I'd like to know if it's even possible, or if someone succeeded during that time frame (the idea would be that i'd cut off my supply after that time so that theres no way for me to get back on it)

I use Buspirone for anxiety @ 60mg/day in three doses (there's also extended release versions available for one dose/day) and it works wonders. It takes a few days to work, and roughly 14 days for it to eliminate anxiety consistently, but it's an awesome non-benzoid drug.

that's a LOT

No, that wasnt a typo. I am taking a seriously heavy dose of klonopin (i seem to have a pretty massive tolerance, i take 4 x 2mg pills in the morning and at night, and at this point I need to take this dose) and at times ive even exceeded this. I know the "max therapeutic dose" is 20mg, but im fucking worried, it really just hit me today.... I know im gonna have to go through some fucked up shit to get off but i will do this SLOWLLYYYYYYYY as fuck. This is RX, not off the street, so supply usually isnt a problem, and except for some unforeseen circumstances, I wouldn't be left without my kpins.

Does this carry any additional danger? Serious responses only plz.... I am well aware of just how high my tolerance is, oh and... I am diagnosed with GAD and get panic attacks, sometimes even WITH the klonopin.

Im afraid that one day I might just fucking die out of nowhere or something along those lines.

Seriously fucking worried... anyone here ever take that much regularly? Less than 3-4 pills (usually 4) has almost no effect on me, and no matter what the dose, i dont get high off them anymore. And only did maybe the first week....thanks. 8)

klonopin is long acting....

talk to your doc about alternatives... are you taking this for anti-seizure or ???

it'd be a LONG taper to get off regardless.