• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

15mg of methadone to suboxone. Nervous. Need advice please.

Good morning everyone. So as I stated above I took my last dose of 14 mg of methadone Friday at 5:30 am. By Saturday evening/ early Sunday morning around 2:30a.m I stated to feel pretty bad. Goose bumps hot and cold and about a hour later the stomach issues started. I fought it till about 7:30 a.m Sunday. 50 hrs and only the last five were really bad and those were nothing compared to what I was expecting. I took a 1/4 of the subutex felt a little better about 40 mins later, no PW’s thank you lord!! Then about a hour later took another 2 mg. Today i plan to just take 4 mgs at once. I did also get some 1:1 CBD tincture ( Ringos gift ) at the dispensary and I really feel like that helped me a lot. So far this has been a very positive experience and I was really nervous about it. Every one that took time to leave advice me for me made this all so much easier for me just knowing that you were all out there. Thank you all for helping me through this.
That's what I'm currently doing. I'm scared too. I'm down to 30 mg methadone from 120mg. I'm sick after 24 hours even on clonidine. But I do have some lyrica to help get me to 50 hours. I'm going to keep going down on methadone until it's not doing shit for me then do the switch. So did the subutex make your withdrawal go away? On scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being feeling great. How did u feel?

Hello! I am hoping that someone can be of help to me and give me some advice. I am currently on 15mgs of Methadone. I have been on methadone for 9 years and I need to get my life back. I started on the methadone clinic due to a oxy addiction. I have no desire at all to use. I have a new Dr. That is going to help me through the transition from methadone to suboxone. He has prescribed me clonidine and Clonazepam ODT. I’m very nervous about this transition. He advised me to wait 48 hours before taking the first dose of suboxone and told me to take a half at first just Incase I take it too soon and go into precipitated withdrawals. And then if I’m okay with that to take the other half. I’m ready to do this but I am nervous. I am concerned about how bad the withdrawal may be, I know it’s different for everyone. I also apologize in advance because I’m sure this question has been asked. I’m new to this forum and wasn’t sure where to post this question. If anyone could give me some advice, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you
Hi there. I have been on buprenorphine a decade or over and prior to that over a decade on methadone.
I was told no methadone or opiates for 48hours after last methadone dose so i done as they asked, i was toldi would definetly not go into withdrawal but within 15 to 20 minutes of taking my first bupe dose i was infact experiencing withdrawal HOWEVER it was only mild to moderate withdrawal and only lasted between 24 to 48 hours. I went from 60ml methadone to 12 or 14mg buprenorphine i believe.
It wasnt that bad honestly.
And like you say everyones different.

Plus the clonazepam will ease it. Or you just wont remember it lol. I know its hard i have GAD but try not to worry because thats not gonna change anything except make you feel nervous. You will be all good mate.
Good luck.

Good luck.

Edit- oh the first dose i got would not have been 12/14mg as they titrated me.

Last edited:
it works if injected so it prevents injection. thats the reason its added.
Wait i thought its to block other opiates? And also makes it so you cant i.v them as you will go into bad wd.

Unless i have been informed wrong.
They told me i couldnt get high on heroin on a high dose of bupe but boy i showed them... :(

Edit-sorry i misread as usual.

Suboxone yeah?
I have took my 26mg a day bupe then injected another 26mg bupe in one day a few times. Never does anything, i just have a bit of a needle fixation i guess.
But yeah im talking about subutex not suboxone i injected.

Yeah subutex is just buprenorphine and suboxone is bupe with naltexone in it,right?

Wait i thought its to block other opiates? And also makes it so you cant i.v them as you will go into bad wd.

Unless i have been informed wrong.buepe
They told me i couldnt get high on heroin on a high dose of bupe but boy i showed them... :(

The narcan is there to prevent misuse by injection or snorting.. as there is no oral narcan. it does not work orally. So the buepe which is absorbed orally or through the mouth in strips works, but given together iv or nasally the narcan will make it through and close the receptor due to affinity.

for sure you can shoot subs.. just not with narcan.

Suboxone has a high affinity for the opiode receptors and is agonist, partial agonist and antagonist. methadone is a high affinity triple agonist. Their affinity to our opiate receptors is how these work against other opiates.

Last edited:
I did the methadone to sub switch via a fent patch bridge. It was painless, plus the fent had me high as a kite for a day or two (cant recall exactly. now). On day 3 I think, I took off the fent patch and popped a sub strip :)

I did the methadone to sub switch via a fent patch bridge. It was painless, plus the fent had me high as a kite for a day or two (cant recall exactly. now). On day 3 I think, I took off the fent patch and popped a sub strip :)
How did that work the fent is an opiate no ? Shouldn’t the sub have thrown you into pwd ? Or did you wait a while before takin your sub ?

That's what I'm currently doing. I'm scared too. I'm down to 30 mg methadone from 120mg. I'm sick after 24 hours even on clonidine. But I do have some lyrica to help get me to 50 hours. I'm going to keep going down on methadone until it's not doing shit for me then do the switch. So did the subutex make your withdrawal go away? On scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being feeling great. How did u feel?
I was down to 14 mg when I made the switch. My dr gave me clonidine and Dissolvable Klonopin. The clonidine gave me awful headaches so I didn’t really take that. I took the first dose of subutex felt pretty good, by the time I had taken the whole half I felt great. I was scared to death on how bad the withdrawal was going to be. I think it had to do with how low of a dose of methadone I was on. Which made it not as bad. It was such a easy withdrawal. It really was. If I had to rate the withdrawal it was a 5 and then after I took the first dose of sub I felt like a 8. I’m still working through the sleep issues. I’ve had those for a long time.This was the best thing I could have done. I am free of the liquid handcuffs I’ve been shackled to for years now. Friday makes one week I’m officially off the clinic I know your scared cause I was a nervous wreck. When your ready to start your transition make sure you have everything you need, all your meds, plenty of water so you don’t dehydrate and if you don’t smoke weed ( I do) it would not be a bad idea to get a tincture of cbd oil. I recommend ringos gift. That melted my anxiety so much. I also was coming down 1 mg a week. For a few months.I started at 5 weekly and once I got down to 30mg I had to slow down my taper, cause I was feeling shitty off just losing 1 mg a week. For me.. it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. I was scared to death of precipitated withdrawal so I waited as long as I could. Never got them. Thank god. I never got teary eyes or yawns. I got some restless legs and at the last hour I started to get stomach cramps and that’s when I decided I would try that first piece and pray for no withdrawal and I did fine. Listen to the advice from everyone. There all great people. Not sure I could have actually went through it without them!! You will do amazing. I wish you the best of luck and if you need to talk, I will be here- stay safe

I was down to 14 mg when I made the switch. My dr gave me clonidine and Dissolvable Klonopin. The clonidine gave me awful headaches so I didn’t really take that. I took the first dose of subutex felt pretty good, by the time I had taken the whole half I felt great. I was scared to death on how bad the withdrawal was going to be. I think it had to do with how low of a dose of methadone I was on. Which made it not as bad. It was such a easy withdrawal. It really was. If I had to rate the withdrawal it was a 5 and then after I took the first dose of sub I felt like a 8. I’m still working through the sleep issues. I’ve had those for a long time.This was the best thing I could have done. I am free of the liquid handcuffs I’ve been shackled to for years now. Friday makes one week I’m officially off the clinic I know your scared cause I was a nervous wreck. When your ready to start your transition make sure you have everything you need, all your meds, plenty of water so you don’t dehydrate and if you don’t smoke weed ( I do) it would not be a bad idea to get a tincture of cbd oil. I recommend ringos gift. That melted my anxiety so much. I also was coming down 1 mg a week. For a few months.I started at 5 weekly and once I got down to 30mg I had to slow down my taper, cause I was feeling shitty off just losing 1 mg a week. For me.. it was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. I was scared to death of precipitated withdrawal so I waited as long as I could. Never got them. Thank god. I never got teary eyes or yawns. I got some restless legs and at the last hour I started to get stomach cramps and that’s when I decided I would try that first piece and pray for no withdrawal and I did fine. Listen to the advice from everyone. There all great people. Not sure I could have actually went through it without them!! You will do amazing. I wish you the best of luck and if you need to talk, I will be here- stay safe
I also wanted to let you know I only took a
i also wanted to let you know I started by taking small doses, first it took half of a half to make sure if I went into PW it wouldn’t be so bad, I waited about 45 mins to a hour and when that didn’t make me sick and started to settle my stomach a bit, I took the next half. After another 45 mins it was over. I am still trying to find the right dose, I am noticing a lot of body aches ( not withdrawal, just achy bones and muscles) I think that has to do with being on methadone 10 plus years and it’s working it’s way out of my bones. I take 600mg of ibuprofen and that takes it away.

The narcan is there to prevent misuse by injection or snorting.. as there is no oral narcan. it does not work orally. So the buepe which is absorbed orally or through the mouth in strips works, but given together iv or nasally the narcan will make it through and close the receptor due to affinity.

for sure you can shoot subs.. just not with narcan.

Suboxone has a high affinity for the opiode receptors and is agonist, partial agonist and antagonist. methadone is a high affinity triple agonist. Their affinity to our opiate receptors is how these work against other opiates.
Wait you cant snort suboxone strips either ? I personally have done that a bunch of times….from what I know and have seen people do the naloxone in suboxone is a scare tactic, I wonder if it’s even really in the strips….

Wait you cant snort suboxone strips either ? I personally have done that a bunch of times….from what I know and have seen people do the naloxone in suboxone is a scare tactic, I wonder if it’s even really in the strips….
It’s pretty we’ll know how abusable suboxone is, I mean it’s all over the internet and I bet this forum already

Sorry just realised you have already transitioned DOH!
No problem. Thank you for responding. I hope that all the comments that everyone has left will help someone else, who is in this process and scared. I hope they see it can be done and their are people out there that will try to help you. Thank you again. And have a awesome day😊

I hope this isn’t a double post, I responded to you earlier but I do not see it there. So as for my withdrawals I was on 14mg of methadone. My last dose was at 5:30a.m Friday. Somehow I only had stomach cramps. No other withdrawal symptoms really. I had a little restless legs but I would bend them up and it went away. As crazy as this sounds this was actually the best withdrawal/transition ever. At my absolute worst I felt like a 5 and when I took my first small dose and waited to make sure I didn’t go into PWs I felt decent and after I took the other half knowing I was pretty much safe from the PWs I felt awesome. I have very bad anxiety and I was really scared to do this all and I’m very thankful I did. Everyone here in this group is great and they will help you when you feel alone. They showed me that and I’m so grateful. I wish you the best and if you need to talk- I’m here😊

Why would you snort them?