• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

14, smoking for 9 months straight?

I smoke about a G in 3 days. I'm not a heavy smoker. I smoke just about .20-.25 G a day just to get a little buzz for a few hours. Nothing intense. I'm smart about it and have planned it out and thought ahead. But right now, I'm going to enjoy myself. And if weed impairs my learning at school, I will immediately drop it to secure my future.

This is very mature and you should be commended for putting your studies higher on the priority list than getting high.

BTW: It's always cool to smoke once in a while on summer breaks for example, as marijuana's effects on short term memory are not permanent. Once you stop using, your memory is back to the way it was.

When I was a sober (0-13) I acted like I was immature and would be able to turn ANYTHING into a joke for my amusement

Lots of that probably wasn't being sober so much as just being young. Nothing wrong with that, we've all been there, but smoking pot probably isn't what matured you so much as just getting older.

I can make and keep friends now, and dont have as much social anxiety and feel calmer and more prone to anger (very bad anger issues)

Smoking pot makes you more prone to being angry? That's really the only reason I'd suggest cutting back. You gotta learn how to deal with anger sober first, because trying to do so while high won't get you very far if it exacerbates it.

Lots of that probably wasn't being sober so much as just being young. Nothing wrong with that, we've all been there, but smoking pot probably isn't what matured you so much as just getting older.

Smoking pot makes you more prone to being angry? That's really the only reason I'd suggest cutting back. You gotta learn how to deal with anger sober first, because trying to do so while high won't get you very far if it exacerbates it.

I'm sorry, I thought prone meant less likely. I mean to say when I smoke I'm in more of a good mood than I already was before. I'm not saying weed is the only thing helping my anger, I do a lot of other things to help as well. I'm not an angry person or anything, but I'm easily agitated. And when I do smoke I'm more patient and more likely to just shrug something off if someone disrespects me.

I would argue that at his age his brain is still developing and being in a drug haze on a daily basis isn't doing him any good.

This is my stance essentially. That and from a psychological perspective it can also hinder emotional development. Personally, I wouldn't advise someone of 14 smoking cannabis in any amount.

If smoking cannabis helps you feel calmer, less prone to feeling angry and is helping you keep/make friends. You should look at why you were feeling anxious, angry and couldn't make/keep friends. An solve the root cause of the problem. Not use cannabis as a crutch, to help you feel a state of normality. At 14 you're emotionally developing and using a substance to make you feel a certain way hinders that development. Instead of dealing with your problems, you're masking them behind drug use, which will only get worse with age and lead to a dependency on using cannabis to feel as I said, a state of normality.

It seems that rather than advice, you want people to justify your usage and tell you its ok. Quite frankly it isn't.

Way too young to be smoking daily. Keep in mind that working memory (short-term memory) is impacted while high, and while I don't know too much about adolescent development, it seems like you need functional working memory to store things to your hard drive (long-term memory). Not regularly transferring information from your working to long-term memory stores during such a critical part of the brain's development into an adult brain seems like it would result in stunted cognition in later years, but I'm no expert. You can also be fucking up your developing endocannabinoid system by repeatedly introducing exogenous cannabinoids (from smoked cannabis).

I started smoking at 17, almost immediately daily, and I still felt that that was too young. I think the ideal way to go about smoking recreationally is to finish high school and go to a decent university, and once you're in your upper division of undergraduate studies, experiment with it. Then, once you have career and an apartment of your own, you can smoke all day after work if you so desire. I've talked with many people who didn't touch weed until after/late in college, and they had less problems to deal with and more time to study, and this ultimately led to a better life.

It seems that rather than advice, you want people to justify your usage and tell you its ok. Quite frankly it isn't.

I know it's not. But I feel as I am responsible enough to do so. If it distracts my ability to concentrate in school then I will drop smoking weed, its not a priority. I could care less if I smoke or not but I see the benefits of it so why not?

You're too young to be smoking at all never mind daily, IMO. Your brain is still developing, flooding it with THC constantly may adversely affect this development in ways you may not notice until you're older and think 'why on earth did I smoke all that weed when I was barely a teenager'.

At least cut back your use to just sessions now and again if not giving up completely. Personally I wouldn't wanted to have smoked weed any earlier than 16 and certainly not daily or heavy/frequent use until 18+. As many have said and I myself have experienced, heavy cannabis use can eventually lead to worsened social anxiety, especially when used at younger ages, and it can be a real pain to deal with.

I have to echo the majority here.. You're much too young to be smoking, let alone daily. There's a great deal of research on the effect of cannabis on the brain of young adults, I recommend you check out the google scholar section and do some research on the topic if you don't believe the majority of us.

That being said, if it's something you absolutely must do then i'd say to at least try and limit your use and cut back from dosing daily. It's just not worth it at such a young age.

Stay safe,

Mac