• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

130mg of DOC alongside high doses of other psychedelics

Wow, I read of your story back when it happened, it was used on here by some as a reason to never take DOXs... I find it to be a cautionary tale on the need to be careful with DOXs and drugs in general. In any case it has highlighted that quite nicely, I think. I'm glad you're doing well, you clearly know you're lucky to have made it. Your attitude is amazing, rock on dude. :)

I'm fairly certain TheBlackPirate=SteamboatBillJr. Profile similarities, namely 20s movies and formatting, but also the 'unintentional' misquoting and fear mongering associated with DOxs.

All that aside, I was also asparagussing with DOC last summer and kept up daily with your story. It's great to know that your situation didn't turn out as disastrously as it could have. Keep healing, and enjoying life.

I'm fairly certain TheBlackPirate=SteamboatBillJr. Profile similarities, namely 20s movies and formatting, but also the 'unintentional' misquoting and fear mongering associated with DOxs.

All that aside, I was also asparagussing with DOC last summer and kept up daily with your story. It's great to know that your situation didn't turn out as disastrously as it could have. Keep healing, and enjoying life.

I appreciate your attempts at ad hominem. I am a different person. I did get into the silent movie era from SteamboatBillJr. My favorites are actually earlier than the 1920s. America was different earlier than those days.

Also, since you mentioned, here's a good Charlie Chaplin movie from 1917 if you're a fan.

The Cure
[video=youtube_share;xKzACBoKLhg]http://youtu.be/xKzACBoKLhg[/video]

Regarding the DOX chemicals, those chemicals exhibit increased dangers. The classical psychedelics are safer. The medical journals mentioning toxicity from DOX chemicals, the medical journals mentioning fatalities from DOX chemicals, and the forum member reporting hospitalizations from DOX chemicals are reall. I advocate people using the safer psychedelics. The only thing keeping psychedelics illegal is the horror stories (originally from the government, source 1 and source 2 ) about LSD. Psychedelic overdoses resulting in multi day hospitalizations involving death/near death only fuel the governments prohibition of psychedelic medicines. Accurate information mitigates this. My goal is protecting the reputation of valuable psychedelic medicines while keeping people safe.

Last edited:
Yeah. Society was really zooming along in those short years betwixt the late teens and early twenties. Yuppers. If it clops like a horse, neighs like a horse, you don't look for zebras. Furthermore, you're being the first one to make the connection that government is a bunch of lying asshats; astounding. On the tertiary level: noticing that watered-down, man-enhanced versions of psychedelic derivatives being more dangerous than their natural, safer origins - groundbreaking. I'm surprised that no one else has picked up on this. Have you considered writing a thesis (that's a compendium of previously unthought revelations, epiphanies or discoveries (I didn't need a hyperlink, but thanks for your banter))? Maybe David Nichols could use a research partner.

This thread was supposed to be a follow-up thread (I'm guessing). You proffered nothing. You've regurgitated information (read: extreme fear) that SteamingHotTurdJr attempted, multiple times, to spew onto the forum in every place that he could insert his overzealous opinion. Forgot to mention the redundant repetitive reiterization of the aforementioned fear.

Now that I've completely derailed this thread, would you like some chocolate pretzels?

^ So you are better off not knowing DOC acts as a vasoconstrictor and might even kill? There are no fearmongering in SteamboatBlackPirateJr's writinga atleast in this thread. If you don't want to get informed why don't you just stay out of harm reduction sites and use your drugs without knowing what they do to you?

Be safe and have sum <3 (Or 3-Meow-pcp) (^_^)

It's worth mentioning both deaths and other hospitalizations occurred from DOC. Recently another user reported severe vasoconstriction resulting in an extended hospitalization from an estimated dose of 4mg of the substance.

This suggests DOX chemicals could demonstrate the same unpredictability as other hyper-selective 5HT2 agonist including the NBOMe chemicals. This hypothesis was previously mentioned in the The safety (or lack therof) of DOX chemicals discussion thread. With the other hyper-selective 5HT2 agonist 25I-NBOMe what happens is some people take the drug and survive unharmed. Other people die from normal doses. The determining variable differentiating these groups is something we haven't really defined well.

This I say with certainty, every life has an intrinsic value and all psychedelic users should stay safe.

This is straight up fear mongering...
He he uses an example of someone eyeballing a 4mg dose as "evidence" that normal recreational doses of DOC cause hospital visits and therefore are as dangerous as the NBOMe series.
That eyeballed 4mg dose might very well have 8mg or even more [YOU CANNOT EYEBALL A 4MG DOSE WITH ANY CERTAINTY]
Show us examples of of where 1-3 mg (the dosage listed in PIHKAL) of DOC has killed and I'll change my tune.

Last edited:
^ So you are better off not knowing DOC acts as a vasoconstrictor and might even kill? There are no fearmongering in SteamboatBlackPirateJr's writinga atleast in this thread. If you don't want to get informed why don't you just stay out of harm reduction sites and use your drugs without knowing what they do to you?
Be safe and have sum <3 (Or 3-Meow-pcp) (^_^)

FYI
99% of psychedelics are vasoconstrictors at recreational doses (5h2A mediates vasoconstriction/vasodilation as well as being responsible for psychedelic action)
And can kill and the right dosages ( most drugs even LSD have an LD50
What makes a drug dangerous is if it causes serious problems at the recreational dose which most DOX drugs do not.

I read it just as a warning about measuring your dose with anything else than a scale accurate enough for the job. I guess I have some kind of automatic salt grain adding implant as I can't read that as fearmongering. It doesn't affect me as I wouldn't mess up with measuring doses by eyeballing.

+-0,5mg accurate scales are cheap as hell but still some people don't use those or better scales for some reasons (which I do not understand) and as tolerance doesn't happen fast (if all) for vasoconstricting properties but people start using higher doses it is good to point out the risks which are even obvious to some but not for all.

No need to get your butt hurt (unless thats what you want of course) <3

Not everyone knows as much as you (two) know. Especially when they have just started their journey into a world of mind altering substances.

I'd rather have someone invest into a good scale although some might get their butt hurt as they are offended from thinking that if someome eyeballed his dose and nearly lost his feet it would automatically apply to them too.

Why get offended by something that doesn't apply to you but might save someone's ass (or in this case, their feet)?

Love to you <3 ^_^ <3

Because demonizing drugs just because they aren't your cup of tea actually flies in the face of harm reduction because it's based on fear and not the truth.
Harm reduction comes from being totally honest about what drugs really do and don't do.

I read it just as a warning about measuring your dose with anything else than a scale accurate enough for the job. I guess I have some kind of automatic salt grain adding implant as I can't read that as fearmongering. It doesn't affect me as I wouldn't mess up with measuring doses by eyeballing.

+-0,5mg accurate scales are cheap as hell but still some people don't use those or better scales for some reasons (which I do not understand) and as tolerance doesn't happen fast (if all) for vasoconstricting properties but people start using higher doses it is good to point out the risks which are even obvious to some but not for all.

No need to get your butt hurt (unless thats what you want of course) <3

Not everyone knows as much as you (two) know. Especially when they have just started their journey into a world of mind altering substances.

I'd rather have someone invest into a good scale although some might get their butt hurt as they are offended from thinking that if someome eyeballed his dose and nearly lost his feet it would automatically apply to them too.

Why get offended by something that doesn't apply to you but might save someone's ass (or in this case, their feet)?

Love to you <3 ^_^ <3
I don't think TheBlackPirate has said anything particularly out of line in this particular thread. Rather his history across multiple threads of bringing up this particular topic (ie. the so-called "hypothesis" put forward by himself and steamboatbill that DOX chemicals share a similar risk profile as NBOMe chemicals, or more specifically that they share the NBOMes' propensity for unpredictable and sometimes lethal effects even at regular recreational dosages.)

This assertion has been put forward now on multiple occasions, and not once been substantiated. Furthermore, on each occasion that it has been put forward, it has recieved a plethora of rebuttals--some based in case evidence, some based in description of the differing pharmacologic and pharmacokinetic properties of the compounds which result in different toxicity profiles, and some based solely on emotional appeals and personal attacks, regrettably.

I don't consider this claim to be legitimately founded, however the purpose of this board is to facilitate healthy discussion of the risks of drug use, and so the claim certainly falls within the bounds of reasonable discussion. The *problem*, as it has manifested historically, is that those individuals backing this claim have steadfastly refused to engage the rebuttals, but instead resort to repeatedly restating and resummarizing their original claim across multiple divergent threads and repeatedly in the same threads--usually after enough time/posts have passed that the previously issued rebuttals aren't immediately visible to anyone reading their claim.

Additionally, they have demonstrated a willingness to make use of misleading tactics to bolster the apparent strength of their claim, like misrepresenting facts of a user's reported overdose, as represented above, or using multiquote to respond only to the segments of a rebutting post that contain character references or general statements, while ignoring those portions of rebutting posts which refute parts of their original claim or require additional evidence from them.

In other words, while this forum supports healthy discussion of possible risks of drug use and *especially* of methods available to reduce those risks, there is a pattern here of participation in bad faith--that is, an attempt to sway the general "trend" of discourse on the subject matter of DOX by repeatedly voicing concerns, without actually substantively moving that discourse further along.
-----
Now, all of this aside, I'm seeing that we're moving quickly into the realm of character assassination in the last few posts of this thread. Although I understand and agree with your frustrations, let's please try to keep things civil and, above all all, focused on facts. TheBlackPirate *does* have the right to voice his concerns, and moreover his statements in this thread were--with the exception of the claim that DOX share NBOMe's unpredictable low dose toxicity--not unreasonable. Moreover I think it's important that we keep this forum culture elevated such that others don't feel uncomfortable about coming forward with their own experiences or conclusions if they differ from the "mainstream" interpretation.

---
And btw Artimisia, +/-0.5mg scales are certainly not cheaply had. Scales that read to 1 milligram with an accuracy in the area of +/- 2 to 4 milligrams are readily available for ~$20 but can range significantly in accuracy between units even after calibration. Knowing how finicky even expensive laboratory scales are, I wouldn't trust even their displayed weight when measuring a dose of a potent chemical like a DOX. The only appropriate method to measure these potent chemicals is volumetric dilution of a larger measured quantity of material for metered dispensing.

Last edited:
I know this kind of delves into dosing/weighing (most specifically my method with DOC); my technique is to weigh the bag, write it down. Re-zero the scale. Tear a rolling paper to line the weigh pan, write down its weight. Weigh out 5-6 doses, or whatever, again noting weights. Remove paper and chemical (don't touch the glue, it'll shimmy the paper and cause some to fall off, but that's necessarily a bad thing...). Rezero. Weigh the bag, do the maths to confirm material used. Just to be sure, reweigh the paper and chem. Place into chemical-specific jar (prelabeled). Add a ratio, usually 2 mg (DOC) : 1 ml 95 % EtOH. Shake vigorously. Let it set to go into solution, maybe a day or so for security. Dropper it out onto watercolor blotter paper with a 1 ml pipette with .25ml gradations. I find my personal sweet spot to be around 2.5 -3 mgs.

InterestingFACT said:
"hypothesis" put forward by himself and steamboatbill that DOX chemicals share a similar risk profile as NBOMe chemicals, or more specifically that they share the NBOMes' propensity for unpredictable and sometimes lethal effects even at regular recreational dosages.

This assertion has been put forward now on multiple occasions, and not once been substantiated.

Really? This hypothesis was sustained as recently as earlier in this exact thread.

tryp2fun (Page 1 of this thread) said:
In the paper they suggest that differences in individual metabolism may underlie the selective toxicity of NBOMe's, since CYP-450s and glucuronosyl transferases show a great deal of polymorphism. That could be applicable to DOX compounds as well.
http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/763...ychedelics?p=13590336&viewfull=1#post13590336

In either situation the small army of accounts talking down the dangers of DOX chemicals and PCP analogues doesn't make those chemicals less dangerous. In general the small army of accounts attacking the people advocating caution doesn't make the cautious people wrong too.

I say this with confidence. If people heed my compassionate peaceful warning, act with caution, and choose the safer classic psychedelics such as LSD and mushrooms they won't get hurt. The result of acting with caution in this situation is experiencing the beauty of classic psychedelics while staying healthy and safe.

On the other hand if people take marching orders from those talking down the risks of DOX chemicals the result is different. Things could tank badly. DOX chemicals caused fatalities in the past. If people ignore the risks of DOX chemicals the inevitable consequence is continued multi day "bad-acid" trips and accidental overdoses resulting in fatalities being reported in the news.

Are you aware that LSD has caused hospital visits causing severe vasoconstriction as well so why don't you just throw acid onto the forbidden psychedelic list too?

https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_death.shtml

The problem here is that if you take too much of anything it'll cause you problems... Even acid, even most Tryptamines, even water.
So the problem here is the people who are stupid enough to use these drugs irresponsibly and not the drugs themselves which is very different than something like NBOMe series where people have died despite using them responsibly and at very normal doses.
I will say this again, where have the DOX series killed at recommended dosages?
I'm calling you out Black pirate, please show at least a few examples where absolute and definite life threatening situations arose from taking DOX at dosages listed in pihkal without other drug interactions.
This would be definitive proof of the inherit danger of the DOX series.

tbqh I didn't read all the above but 130mg of DOC could legitimately kill. supposed trip report writer is a liar and a dicksizer. /thread

You should know that there are pictures of the results...

But here's a TL;DR: OP had a tolerance for psychedelics to begin with, dosed some mescaline analogs the day before he started dosing DOC. At the first day of his DOC dosing he started with 8mg, redosing until he totaled 32mg. At that point there was a massive tolerance to psychedelics, so on the second day he had to take a lot more to even feel anything (72mg of DOC and 200mg of 2C-C), but getting enough vasoconstriction to cause gangrene. Apparently he was on Etizolam the entire time, so the uninhibited dosing doesn't seem so weird to me. The real moral of the story here is that you shouldn't be doing too much benzos/benzo-alikes.

Last edited:
Alexander Shulgin mentions in PiHKAL a couple did MDA sized lines of DOC and both died. I feel it is very likely that he would have too if he had actually taken 130mg of

1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-chlorophenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

DOC.

Alexander Shulgin mentions in PiHKAL a couple did MDA sized lines of DOC and both died. I feel it is very likely that he would have too if he had actually taken 130mg of

1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-chlorophenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

DOC.
Do you think it's possible for that couple to survive snorting a fat line of DOC if they had taken an extremeley large dose of Etizolam like the person in question claimed to ?
I think it's at least feasible.

Also, the person in question dosed the 103mg over the span of 2 days.

Are you aware that LSD has caused hospital visits causing severe vasoconstriction as well so why don't you just throw acid onto the forbidden psychedelic list too?

https://erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_death.shtml

The above link doesn't provide any evidence of LSD causing vasconstriction resulting in hospitalization. Let me quote from the link.

Erowid said:
In his 2001 book "Illegal Drugs: A Compete Guide to Their History, Chemistry, Use and Abuse", Dr Paul Gahlinger states "LSD is not toxic in the biological sense.". A 2008 review of the scientific literature titled "The Pharmacology of Lysergic Acid Diethylamide: A Review", by Passie et al. gives the number of pharmacological fatalities from LSD as zero: "There have been no documented human deaths from an LSD overdose."

The Erowid article also goes on and describes a incident in which people snorted lines of LSD (presumably hundreds of normal does). All people survived and were quickly released from the hospital unharmed in the next days.

Klock JC, Boerner U, Becker CE. "Coma, Hyperthermia, and Bleeding Associated with Massive LSD Overdose, A Report of Eight Cases". Clin Toxicol 1975;8(2):191-203.

More details are available in this free full text description from a medical journal.

where have the DOX series killed at recommended dosages?

I am uncertain as most of the reports of fatalities didn't indicate the dosage consumed. I can't say the exact dosage DOX chemicals become harmful. I am confident they lack the safety LSD had demonstrated in the past.

~130mg probably could result in fatality without medical intervention in some people yet in another situation an eyeballed dose of ~4mg created vasconstriction requiring hospitalization. Reports give the impression DOC has the same unpredictability as 25X-NBOMe. Doses tolerated in some groups could create fatalities in others. Why this unpredictability exists remains a mystery.

Last edited: