⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film 127 Hours

rate this film:

• Total voters

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
127_hours_poster_02.jpg

127 Hours is the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston's remarkable adventure to save himself after a fallen boulder crashes on his arm and traps him in an isolated canyon in Utah. Over the next five days Ralston examines his life and survives the elements to finally discover he has the courage and the wherewithal to extricate himself by any means necessary, scale a 65 foot wall and hike over eight miles before he is finally rescued. Throughout his journey, Ralston recalls friends, lovers, family, and the two hikers he met before his accident. Will they be the last two people he ever had the chance to meet?

Danny Boyle has rarely let me down and I think this movie is going to be amazing. James Franco has always been an actor I love seeing in movies. He has a lot of range and I can't wait to see how he is in this. Definitely a must-see this year.

127 Hours trailer

At this point, if Danny Boyle directed a movie about magic frogs starring the Olsen twins with a special appearance by Justin Bieber, I would probably go see it. Won't be missing this one.

saw the trailer, thought the premise weak but then again i liked phonebooth. it's great to go to the cinema and see convention stretched and actually kept on the edge of my seat throughout instead of falling asleep or having some imax everything-blows-up-in-this-one bullshit nail me back in my seat and make me wish i could just fall asleep!

I watched this last night. It was very entertaining, with some exciting editing, awesome cinematography, and a superb performance by James Franco.

5 Stars

1: I will be so happy when this finally gets a wide release.
2: Did I really spell film fiiml in the title of this thread? What the fuck?

I really enjoyed this movie. Couple too many split screen montages maybe, but that's just being picky.

4/5

"There is no force more powerful than the will to live" is the tagline on the movie poster.

Pretty sure the force of gravity is much greater.

Absolutely fantastic film!

9.5 / 10

Can't recommend this one enough! Mind-blowing, gut-wrenching true story, very good acting, good filming, and a true and happy(-ish) ending.

Stay the fuck out of slot canyons! Or at least... tell your friends & family before you go ;)

Excellent movie. One particularly brutal scene which made me wince. Would watch again A+++++

I thought the movie was good. Franco does a good job considering he pretty much has to carry the entire movie.

I'm not sold on it being Oscar worthy though...

Excellent movie. One particularly brutal scene which made me wince. Would watch again A+++++

Oh man, brutal indeed. The filmmakers did an excellent job at conveying the pain and severity of Arons predicament.

Go watch now!! :D

"There is no force more powerful than the will to live" is the tagline on the movie poster.

OMG laughter. Can we go see this together so you can crack jokes the whole time? :D

Absolutely fantastic film!

9.5 / 10

Can't recommend this one enough! Mind-blowing, gut-wrenching true story, very good acting, good filming, and a true and happy(-ish) ending.

Stay the fuck out of slot canyons! Or at least... tell your friends & family before you go ;)

I enjoyed it a fair bit, but i don't think it is really up above 8/10 personally i would give it an 8. maybe 8.5 even that is pushing it for me.

Still, worth checking out for sure.

Last edited:
beautiful film. made me feel sick to my stomach. i can't fault it.

I just finished watching this since it happened to be on HBO.

I found it to be very inspirational. Maybe it's the state of mind that I'm in right now that I happen to be looking for inspiration, but this movie made me feel like a piece of shit. I'm kind of in the afterglow of the trips that he was experiencing from sleep deprivation, which makes me want to take some steps towards improving myself.

Then you may have missed the point a little. The force of gravity was holding that rock down on his arm, but his will to live was more powerful and was how he found a way to overcome the situation he found himself in.