11th Issue Heroin Discussion v. So I warmed the piss up in my mouth

Would you rather be...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I sure wish i could try some #4 but sadly it will never be here on the west coast. I asked my dude for some and he basically laughed at me. Stupid tar.

Painful? Wtf?

Yeah we just picked up a few bags, "poison" with a skull and crossbones. I think they're fucking with us, knowing that we'll do the dope no matter what the bag says.

EDIT: Oh, and we paid our guy back for the front, too. So, now we're square.

See, I don't like taking fronts, but I like knowing that I can take fronts if need be. I make it a rule not to have more bags fronted to me than I can afford, and I only take fronts when I know that I can come through the next time with that money and more money to afford more bags.

I've never had a problem paying back my dealer, ever, and I feel like it puts me at somewhat of an advantage. He won't front to many people, and so where others might be sick and without money and unable to get bags, we can go pick up half a bundle at any time. And he never bitches about getting his money back. In fact, he's never once brought up the money that we owe him. He just knows that we'll remember to pay him, and we do, we always do.

Last edited:
I never liked taking fronts either, but I used to buy 4 and 5 buns at a time (and yes they were for me not resale) so I never really had to ask for fronts, I'd negotiate a free bundle after buying 5, plus each bundle being hooked up to 14 bags. I don't know why Kadijah said that 13/14 bag bundles are NY and more north, but here in jersey as long as you got your own connect you usually get hooked up.

My guy was always good with fronts as well though. Sometimes I just straight up didn't have it. supporting a large dope habit for me and my girl together was tough (and thank god I make good money) - Fronts are a bad thing though, you get caught up getting fronted by the wrong guy and your ass is grass. I've seen some bad things happen.

Yeah a lot of users frown upon it, taking fronts, and I certainly wouldn't advise it... but I know me, I trust my judgement, and I know how much I can have fronted to me without getting myself in over my head.

It's not something that I would ask for or do with just any dealer though, either. I mean, this guy is almost a friend of ours, really. So the relationship that we have with him is more friendly and lax than with our other dealers.

Yeah we just picked up a few bags, "poison" with a skull and crossbones. I think they're fucking with us, knowing that we'll do the dope no matter what the bag says.
Lol that shit is probably so true.... They probably get a laugh out of it when they're stamping the bags. I know I would. "Let's think of a name so bad it will be makin them junkies paranoid... But shit they'll still do em'."

Tar is #3, powder is #4.

I had pure tar once, I couldn't even break it with a spoon because it hadn't even been cut yet. Not kidding it was a fcking ROCK. I have one guy out here that does tar, but I don't think most people on the east coast even know what tar looks like.

i thought tar is #4, just not as refined

Yup, tar is #4. I think someone recently posted the numbering system when people were arguing over it in another thread.

Edit: Here's the post about it:
No, it's a outdated numbering system the DEA used to label the different types of heroin in Vietnam in the 1970's. They are:

#1-morphine base or hydrochloride- It's not really heroin yet, but it had a market in asia, and drug manufacturers like the triads or the french connection prefered to buy the less bulky morphine as opposed to opium. Still sometimes shows up in afghanistan.
#2-Heroin base- when the morphine is converted into heroin it's freebased at the end of the cook.It's usually brown. This is the kind of heroin most common in Afghanistan. Usually smoked or mixed with an acid and injected
#3-Heroin hydrochloride cut with caffeine or barbiturates- In 1920's China someone started sell red tonic pills with heroin, caffeine, quinine, strychnine and aspirin. Later they marketed these tonic pill as 'anti-opium pills' which were traditionally made out of opium ashes, which still has a lot of morphine left.Naturally the addict would stop taking opium, and take heroin instead. Someone put it into an opium pipe and found you could smoke these pills, then it spread like a wild fire.Over time the formula changed to 50% caffeine, 49% heroin, 1% strychnine. Also sometimes it's made with (pheno)barbital instead of caffeine and strychnine. It turned out that heroin forms what's called a eutectic mixture(lower melting point, like water and salt) with caffeine or barbital meaning it wouldn't burn up and it vaporized more easily.Either brown, red, or grey, it less pure than number #4 but not by much, cut's notwithstanding. Usually smoked, but can be snorted or injected. Not very common now, but was once popular in the SE Asia.
#4-heroin hydrochloride- The heroin base is dissolved, decolorized with activated carbon and is turned into the hydrochloride salt using ether, ethanol, and hydrochloric acid. This is the most common type of heroin in Burma and Colombia, though Mexico and Afghanistan also make small amounts.It can be snorted or injected.

Techically black tar is also #4, it's just not purified as much if at all. It can be smoked or injected, and it can be cut into a snortable powder.
Your friend must be getting some bunk shit. Believe it or not, tar can be stronger then some powder. Uncut tar's often 70%-high 80% pure, plus the impurities are active. I've heard of some who tried both, and while they liked the powder, they didn't feel it was really that much different or stronger.

Last edited:
Yup, tar is #4. I think someone recently posted the numbering system when people were arguing over it in another thread.

Edit: Here's the post about it:

That post is almost right. #3 isn't hcl and to be honest I'm not completely sold on 1 or 2 either but who give a fuck about them two.

According to the billboard in the subway dope in NYC was 6% purity in the 1960s and is 60%+ pure today. LOL
That's probably why a lot of old heads have no idea that you can snort heroin. They all automatically think needles if you mention dope. That's why I let my parents believe that is the only drug I've never tried because I don't want to have to explain that I don't shoot up. If it were really that weak I'd assume you'd have to shoot up (and a lot of it too) otherwise it wouldn't really do anything.

Tar is #3, powder is #4.

I had pure tar once, I couldn't even break it with a spoon because it hadn't even been cut yet. Not kidding it was a fucking ROCK. I have one guy out here that does tar, but I don't think most people on the east coast even know what tar looks like.

Definitely not. Tar is still #4 just less refined. Go look it up. #3 is pretty much non-existent in the US/ north america.

and yeah I'm one of those people. I'm from the east coast and I've never seen tar with my own eyes (nor do I want to). I mean, I would recognize it if I saw some from pictures and shit, but there's none around here.

i can get all the powder i want but i want some tar...

i just want to try it and see how the high is..ive never smoked anyhting and nodded and i think it would be fun

and ill say it here too

put on ABC and watch 'happy endings'

I've tried smoking opana a couple times. It's interesting to smoke something and nod, and it's cool how it hits you really quick (almost instantly) but it makes the ole lungs feel like shit, wears off really quickly, and have to use more. Heh, that and it makes me feel like such a crone smoking a pill.

That post is almost right. #3 isn't hcl and to be honest I'm not completely sold on 1 or 2 either but who give a fuck about them two.

Yea I didn't realize they said #3 was HCL, I just noticed they said it was mixed with caffeine which is correct, but its base not HCL. I'm not sure how #2 is made, but it's heroin base for sure. As for #1, I'm with you on not giving a fuck about that.

Haven't popped in this thread for ages. Haven't used dope in about 3 wks. Dude has been off & in jail. Also, I was arrested 3 wks ago while picking up-terrifying! Finally getting 8 bags tomorrow morning. I cannot wait! I have been using oxy, dillies (got some more today), and suboxone or subutex when need be. It has been rough. I think I am slowly (or, quickly it seems) getting out of the dope game. For me it's just too much of a hassle-w/o a car, reliable middlemen (no direct connections to the source), and I just hate the detox... which is seemingly inevitable. Esp with unreliable middlemen. Sucks cuz there is NOTHING that compares to heroin. Nothing.

Bedtime -sooner I sleep the sooner I get to feel that beautiful rush. Mmmmmm... heaven. (hell)

#3 is heroin base, #4 is hcl. its like the difference between crack and coke, crack being equivalent to the #3 heroin. you can smoke crack, but if you want to shoot it, you have to add the vitamin c, vinegar, what have you.

also, i think i have seen tar. this kid at my old work got some from another mexican at my work, and it was just like a black rock with maybe a little speckles of brown. but it was just hard black rock. i didn't do any cuz i was like wtf is that? but the kid shot it and said it was good, pretty real good. so i think i have seen tar once in the chi.

and i thought i had seen that doc chink but i clicked the link and i don't think i have, i will check it out, thanks.

what up, i'm new to NASADD.

21, female, live in delaware. cop my shit in north philly and kensington. switch it up between the needle and sniffin. don't really know what the point of this little intro is, but i've been lurkin for awhile and just wanted to say hey to my fellow dope fiends.

hope yall are doin good, noddin out, stayin out of trouble and most of all stayin safe and healthy! i had a run in with the police tonight in clifton heights (philly area-ish) and dude was cool, the girl cop was a complete bitch (don't know why they usually are) but i was shittin myself the entire time i was getting patted down. thank god for padded bras or i'd be in a holding cell withdrawing right now!

Definitely not. Tar is still #4 just less refined. Go look it up. #3 is pretty much non-existent in the US/ north america.

and yeah I'm one of those people. I'm from the east coast and I've never seen tar with my own eyes (nor do I want to). I mean, I would recognize it if I saw some from pictures and shit, but there's none around here.

yeah thats what i always thought tommy

you need to double check them facts

Well I can tell you for sure that post is incorrect. #4 heroin is hydrochloric salt. Tar is NOT a salt. Do you guys even know how heroin processing works? That post does have some correct info but some of it is incorrect as well.

While yes you may consider tar to be heroin #4 it actually is closer to #3 since 3 is still base form, 4 is broken down by acids and purified to (what should be) white powder. #4 heroin is a powder. Now while you guys say #3 is non existent in north america that is false. As a matter of fact there is a lot of manufacturing from #3 to #4 is done in america. It's the other steps that are done else where (taking the opium and processing into morphine, then cleansing, then morphine to heroin base) - most of the final processing takes place right here believe it or not. Now while I'm sure some does come across the border already processed and ready for packaging in powder form, there is a lot that comes over as #2 still needing to get to #3 & #4.

And that post that tommy posted said the #3 is basically #4 cut with barbs/caffeine.

***EDIT***
By the way, before anyone says that tar is cut with an acid to process it I know this. It's Acetic anhydride- not the same acids to turn it to a powder. If you have ever had pure tar heroin you would know it is NOT water soluble without heat - #4 is water soluble in all instances. I have crushed up pure tar rocks and it sat at the bottom of a spoon with water on top just like sand. This is because it has not been cut with the acids to make it #4. Some tar is #4, and it's melted down powder into a tar and cut with other things like what tommy said, but most often this isn't the case. Pure tar is heroin base (#3)

Last edited:
have yall seen this doc?

Afghanistan the heroin connection
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpvCc5Xh9Kw&feature=related

im only 10 mins into it but its funny to see how people get hooked on heroin on the otherside of the world and its the same reasons we got over here

I'm only four minutes into it, but I'm already confused... I was under the impression that heroin in other parts of the world, in europe particularly, could not be snorted. I mean, it can be snorted, but I've always thought that it would be incredibly ineffective because it's not #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.