• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

11:11 eleven eleven & reccuring numbers...

Im with Drugpert on most of this...what you look for is what you find, but there are numbers that give me a sense of balance.. example, 2002, 145 (1+4=5). Im kind of a symmetrical person and have always favored numbers that are even or add up.

rewiiired said:
. Altered states certainly can make us see connections that we don't see in our normal mode of awareness, but that certainly doesn't mean that those connections are any less valid or useful.

But just because you believe something doesn't make it so. Our perception is quite capable of tricking us into false beliefs. There is no correlation between certainty and reality.

Okay, agreed. What about usefulness and reality? What yardstick would you recommend to measure/determine reality?

Consensual reality must be measured through consensual processes that minimize the subjectivenes of individual perception. That is what science is about.

That doesn't mean that information garned through altered states, introspection, etc. are useless or invalid. BUT, in order to make a meaningful statement about that information it needs to be anchored within a more objective framework.

Think about this: what if I tell you that I've been seeing the number 53 all around me lately. I believe it is related to my significance as the harbinger of the 53rd Aquarian Age (or whatever). This is information that I have accumulated by introspection, intuition, etc. Plus, my own observations of the physical world which as I pointed out before can be flawed. However, if MANY people observe the same thing in relation to me the aggregation of our perceptions tends to remove the extreme variability and potential inaccuracy of my individual perception.

Synchronicity is a meaningful coincidence. This is not a statement about objective, consensual reality necessarily. This is a statement about the match between what is perceived to be objective reality and an inner state that is nonconsensual. It means nothing to anyone other than yourself. If other observers attempt to find this same link most likely they will not.

If meditation on these meaningful coincidences leads to personal growth, comfort in the face of anxiety, etc. then this is valuable but that does not make it "true" or "real" per se.

As for connections noted in altered states, I agree that one of the advantages of being able to switch between multiple modes of consciousness is the wide disparity of types of information and causal connections we can observe. However, just because we perceive something does not make it so. If there truly is a causal connection between two variables in the world whether we notice it or not in our sober state initially, we should be able to confirm it once the observation has been made in an altered state. However, much of the "connections" observed in holotropic states of consciousness are not a part of consensual reality. Anyone who has taken acid should be able to see that, something that seems so mind blowing and significant while in that state is often not really very significant in actuality.

i heard that it was something to do with taking a lot of DXM, i had it happen to me, i got it in a thread in DC, but i read about it in the DXMzine

i see the number 38 fairly often. also, (usually when I'm half asleep), i can see what time it is before looking at the clock. So then I look at the cloack, and I'm always right. If I have it in my mind that I want to do it, it's much harder to do, but if the thought just occurs to me, it always works. I've never done it with anything other than digital clocks. Maybe I'm just in tune with my body clock or something.

A bunch of people with their head in the clouds...

Did it not occur to you, punktuality, that you didn't start seeing 11:11 until your girlfriend pointed it out to you? You started seeing the number so much because you were unconsciously, and consciously aware of the number. So whenever the number occured, you naturally just noticed it. I'm the same way for the time 12:34, 10:01 and the numbers 18, and 188. I see those numbers constantly because those numbers have signifigance for me, so I naturally notice those numbers whenever they are in my line of sight. Its not like those numbers started magically appearing in reality more, its just that you started noticing it more. If you payed attention to every possible combination of 3 and 4 digit numbers, you would probably see alot of reoccurring numbers, probably almost the same amount as 11:11.

To see what I mean, just make a mental note of the time you stopped reading this reply I did. You will probably end up noticing that number alot too. Its not mysticism at work here, its just your brain.

Thankyou!

-Rune

Hmm let's see..
Rewiireds' post landed at 11:55, he currently has 1155 posts.
*Venus*, the following poster, has 1944 posts.
JerryBlunted, 1466.
Redeemer posted at 2:55 with his 44th post.
Hehe..

*BUMPITY BUMP*

I'm another person who see's 11:11 on a very consistent basis...

Amazed! I never look at the clock at 11:10 or 11:12 - it is always 11:11.

This has been happening for years and years, well before I started experimenting with drugs.

Nobody bought this time to my attention. It's just something I started noticing... often on a daily basis. Sometimes, but less often, I'll notice 12:34 after 11:11. That doesn't surprise me so much though.

It's not like I notice 4:44 or 5:55 as much. There's definitely something about 11:11 ;).

I don't think about it too much, often I just shake my head in disbelief that I caught the clock at 11:11 once more. As I said, AMAZED!

punktuality said:
It happens far to often to becoincidencee...
if all you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.

try choosing a different number (e.g. 23 or combinations of 2 and 3) and see what happens.

alasdair

^ The thing with myself though, is I never chose 11:11. I never actively think about it... yet virtually everyday... wella... it shows up.

I don't personally believe it to have a significant meaning, because I don't consider myself to be a significant being of existence.

It is, however, very odd...

Doppelganger said:
^ The thing with myself though, is I never chose 11:11. I never actively think about it... yet virtually everyday... wella... it shows up.
it's on your radar - you're probably seeking it out whether you realise it or not. try a different number. see what happens.

also, in most of these cases the numbers tend to be pretty low - if you choose "16550" you'll see it a lot less for obvious reasons.

alasdair

alasdairm said:
it's on your radar - you're probably seeking it out whether you realise it or not. try a different number. see what happens.

also, in most of these cases the numbers tend to be pretty low - if you choose "16550" you'll see it a lot less for obvious reasons.

alasdair

Unlike the original poster, I don't see this number everywhere. It's only on digital clocks. I simply don't look at the clock often enough for it to be justified for the basis I see this time...

It's like my brain is subconsciously programmed to look at the clock at 11:11.

One of my ex boyfriends used to be able to program his brain to wake him/ us up at any given time. I'd say "yeah, wake me at 7:00".. and without the use of any alarm clock, 95% of the time, he was exceptionally accurate :).

This thread has just officially set the all time record for Most Posts In One Thread For Which LOVELIFE Could Not, For The Life Of Him, Decipher Whether Or Not The Respective Posters Were Being Facetious.

Oh.

My.

God!

Did anyone else realize that the last word of the first sentence of this post just happnes to be the only English word that contains each of the five vowels exactly once, and in alphabetical order?!

Praise Jesus!