• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

11:11 eleven eleven & reccuring numbers...

killarava2day said:
This is a classic symptom of psychotic/schizoid behaviour, like in that A Beautiful Mind movie.

From experience, I have to agree with killa.

The whole worker/guide/etc type of task involvement on planet earth is how my psychotic episode began.

I started seeing 23s everywhere after I made a comment that I figured I'd be dead by 23 (of course, I'm currently 25 and still alive -- biologically-speaking, anyway -- but I still half-figure I'll kick off at 2323 military time on the 23rd day of the month on 23rd street or something and be buried in the 23rd lot, etc). I saw the number everywhere. My friend, rather big on Discordia at the time, eventually laughed and pointed out how 23 (as 2 + 3) was part of the `Law of Fives'. I read up on what RA Wilson and Burroughs had to say about the number, and it became sort of a running joke, but I was always only half-joking.

Then another friend of mine -- a fellow bluelighter, and a girl I presently live with -- she was mocking me one day and said that it was all bullshit and coincidence. She said it was just that I was looking for the number, that if she were to believe she'd see 444 everywhere, she'd start seeing it. And then she did... she saw the number everywhere, and she stopped laughing.

And for the record, I do think it's true that it's basically one's mind looking for the number, at least I usually like to think so. But damn it, I still get into those periods where I see 23s everywhere and I have to freak out and try and just laugh it off. When this comes along with more startling and meaningful coincidences, however -- such as with Burroughs `Captain Clark'-23 synchronicities -- you begin to wonder...

I've also got into periods where the 23 has been replaced by `8' and references to infinities and mobius strips, as well as 11:11, at which I always cried out `picket fences'. Whatever the cause, `tis kinda freaky.

^^ don't you remember the great thread we did about this a few months ago? 2/3 is also my twin's birthday.

Anyways, i have numbers that follow me around like the number three. I have three brothers, 3 loves, 3 pregnancies and all my addresses and phone numbers always add up to three.

My son's birthday is on the 3rd, my other son's birthday is on the 12th (1+2=3), and my other son is on the 21st (again, 2+1=3). My birthday is on the 30th and my husbands is 6 (multiple) days after mine on the 6th (multiple).

anyways, we had a fun thread about this awhile ago right here:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82868

and ha! the date and time of this post add up to 3.

Last edited:
^ that edit time and date in that above post adds up to 33...okay. i'm stopping.
i call them signs to follow though. there are rarely coincidences in this life.

^
lol......
i think you can find patterns in ANYTHING....i mean have you guys read the bible code?
it's basically a bunch of religious figures: mostly rabbis that went through the Bible and found patterns that "predicted" many different assainations and disasters and stufff......but is it real? I don't know how it could be but they found soooo many in the bible its kinda weird...

oh and i make wishes on 11:11 or any other numbers that appear repeated...and for some reason it seems as though those wishes come true more then the wishes i make on my birthday or well or whatever lol
but once u make the wish you can't look at a clock until the numbers have left........;)

numerolgy has been studied and used for thousands of years... and eleven happens to be a very important number.

I rarely pay attention to what time it is but i always find myself looking at a clock when it is 3:14 as in the first three digits of the number pi.

Im Delayed said:
numerolgy has been studied and used for thousands of years... and eleven happens to be a very important number.

Big deal. Tons of things were studied and supported for thousands of years, and were proved wrong in an instant. Examples: Roman, Greek and Norse mythologies; the Greek concept that fish fell from the sky (they concluded that because they saw that fish appeared in ponds when there were no fish there before); the concept that the shape of a person's head dictates their personality; and so many other concepts.

If there's one thing that you should realize, its that past experiences do not dictate future events. Just because something is studied and supported for a long time, does not at all conclude that it is correct.

i wasnt even taking a stance i was just making a comment so settle down.

mathematics is the language of the universe. There is numbers in everything from a tree to the language we speak to the building you live in.

23 2 3s 33...

dude

PEOPLE WITH MENTAL DISORDERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE WITH MAGICAL SUPERPOWERS.. THEY'RE JUST SO NICE AND RESPECTFUL OF US STUPID-ASSES, THAT THEY DON'T USE THOSE SUPERPOWERS.. SO RETENTION OF SUPERPOWERS CAUSES ONE TO GO INTO STRESS..

THIS IS WHY.

DAMMIT

nevermind..

not true at all. although i do believe there's more reality to the world of a schizophrenic than we give them credit for..

they don't need to be doped up.. we just need to accept that they are experiencing something.. they're brain is definately having a reaction to something in the environment..

Im Delayed said:
i wasnt even taking a stance i was just making a comment so settle down.

mathematics is the language of the universe. There is numbers in everything from a tree to the language we speak to the building you live in.

Yeah, math is the language of the universe, just as communication is, and images are, and music is. But our mathematical expressions are nothing more than that: expressions. They are numbers, but we gave names to those numbers. The symbol 1 is just a symbol we made up to represent a single object, just as 2 is a representation of two single objects in conjunction.

And there is no 'settling down' when it comes to the realm of ideas. Any criticism can be thrown, any comment made, any idea presented. Because this is a thinking forum. Just because someone is saying something, does not mean he is angry, or agitated because of it. This is the internet.. don't assume people's temperment's in a post, judge solely based on substance, because that's the only medium the internet allows for. UNLESS I TYPE IN CAPITALS BECAUSE THAT MAKES ME COOL AND ANGRY. HAR HAR HAR HAR.

the Greek concept that fish fell from the sky (they concluded that because they saw that fish appeared in ponds when there were no fish there before)
That's interesting. But there are actually documented accounts of fishies and other weird things raining down from the sky, just for the record.

As a sidenote.

you can willingly participate in a little furtive numerology without fully committing to the belief that it really does contain a mystical codified significance.

that's what titania and i do; eleven is a constantly recurring theme in our lives, but it's not really serious - just a prolonged observation that the more you look for trees the deeper into the forest you get ;)

What you choose to attribute meaning to will ultimately become meaningful. Look at how the first poster says he notices elevens everywhere, then how many other posters notice how other numbers seem to "follow" them. That's a hell of a lot of hidden numerological messages, many of which are different numbers and come in different forms through man made or natural sources. Do you really think the most likely explanation is that you are some sort of cosmic messenger or that you have fallen into the Twilight Zone or something?

As for Nash from "A Beautiful Mind" you can't say he wasn't doing poorly until they drugged him up, he had major problems which caused his wife to consent to his institutionalization. In real life he seemed crazier than the movie (he would flee to Europe and assume a false identity, get lost hitch hiking, etc.). Nonetheless, the treatments of the 1950s were much worse than the inadequate treatments of the 21st century, I have no disagreement there.

I don't disbelieve matters of a spiritual nature out of hand, but some stuff is just SOOOO subject to Ockham's Razor and about every other device of logic or reason that it seems almost painful that so many people still buy into it.

i don't go a way according to a number. i don't move into houses specifically for what the numbers add up to or ask that my phone #'s be the same way. i didn't pick my dates of birth.
to me it reaffirms that i am on the right track when i notice it. it's something consistant in my life, through my life.

I will usually know its gonna happen right b4 I see double numbers. I will feel a kind of "Oh, something profound has been realised" and then look at the nearest set of numbers (be it clock, credit, posts, countdown, time passing on a music cd, temperature even) will be doubles or something significant/relevant.
Of course I can always test myself and decide to look for noveltys sake, but I don't get the same results.

Its weird and tireing....and that's on top of a general drug induced paranoia that I sometimes deal with.
DEEP BREATH, everythings okay. :)
whateva u do, don't panic. Is this paranoia drug induced or drug accelerated? you may ask..

Last edited:
Void said:
He would look at newspapers and government secret messages would stand out.

It's amazing what you'll see when you're open to the BROAD range of possible meanings & implications that words & sentences may carry.

The HiVe MiND said:
It's amazing what you'll see when you're open to the BROAD range of possible meanings & implications that words & sentences may carry.

It's also quite amazing what you can see when you are suffering from extreme paranoia and ideas of reference, whether drug induced or otherwise. How many of you people have taken acid, seen something bizarrely coincidental and thought it had some great cosmic significance only to wake the next day realizing how fucking stupid it was?

Still, if these sightings give you hope, pleasure, or help shore you up against the insecurity of the world I'm all for it....

It's also quite amazing what you can see when you are suffering from extreme paranoia and ideas of reference, whether drug induced or otherwise. How many of you people have taken acid, seen something bizarrely coincidental and thought it had some great cosmic significance only to wake the next day realizing how fucking stupid it was?

Still, if these sightings give you hope, pleasure, or help shore you up against the insecurity of the world I'm all for it....
So one state of consciousness has precedence over another? Look, some of this synchronicity stuff may indeed be bullshit, but if this is your argument that it's bullshit, it's a pretty weak one. No offense. Altered states certainly can make us see connections that we don't see in our normal mode of awareness, but that certainly doesn't mean that those connections are any less valid or useful.