• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

#1 weed strain in your neck of the woods?

Fucking purple kush. Purple kush everywhere! It's making me sick.

What did I grow up smoking? AK47 and M39. Back when they first showed on the scene. Recently got some AK47, and I was pleasantly surprised at its potency vs. the California Orange I've been smoking.

That's cool as fuck that someone mentioned Deathstar - that shit was originally bred in the OH....................Anybody ever get to smoke some Dumpster?? If you're from the Midwest, there's a good chance it may have made it's way to you at some point - although I personally haven't seen any since around 2004 or so. It was a crucial, originally bred OH strain as well - it was supposedly a 4 way cross between Afghani, Skunk #1, Northern Lights, and Blueberry - at least that's what I was told by a VERY reliable source.

Deathstar (already being heavily partial to Sour D) is my FAVORITE fucking strain, such a euphoric, heavy high. Strains reeks too! I know all about that Dumpster too homie. O-HIGH-O Boyz

My main weed man usually has different strains every time (Colorado medicinal bud). Last he had Venom OG, that shit was fire and great for analgesia and anxiety.

But the hottest strain around would probably have to be Blue Dream, and 99% of the time it really is Blue Dream. It gets old though, fast...

Last edited:
Probably 8/10 times I buy pot it's purple kush or grandaddy purple. Lately though my main dealers been getting silver haze.

cheese and hazeee haze is by far stronger i think its an sativa but it gives me a body high and gets me fucked no matter how high my tolerance is this kila stinking haze its mad lol

Brabantse Witte, or in English Brabant White is my favourite, but that has more to do with flavour than with potency. It's pretty strong bud, but there are stronger strains. The flavour though is indescribable, absolutely divine. It's a strain that is local to the Netherlands region, don't know if you can find it abroad, but if you ever run into it I highly recommend trying it out

i live in colorado so take your pick. i like strains with grape, petrolium, and sours the most(not all in the same strains normally). it really interesting getting into the genetics because then you really know what youre smoking. its all about finding that awesome male plant and then experimenting with your favorite phenos of female plants. then you can start weeding out or increasing certain properties of the plant. thats how gems are found. stablizing by backcrossing is cool if you really want to get a clone only plant to seed but its still possible for certain genetics to cross over. god i love it all. im not a breeder or anything but i like to know what im growing and what to expect. its possible to have seeds all come from the same pollenated mother and when you grow them have 5 distinctly different plants due to phenotypes. thats why you hear things like 'chem #4'. ive worked with an inbred (chem #4 x chem #4) x (chem #4 xchem #4). boss hogg it was called because it ate nutes like no other to handle its gargantuan chem dog buds. what i really want to get my hands on is some of the original grape stomper. that'd be a gift from above

smoke weed everyday

EDIT: didnt want to double post. if i had to say i would say tga's timewreck and plushberry, dj short's flo, and colorado's own golden goat are all pretty popular right now throughout the state.

EDIT EDIT: animal cookies has made its way out here. so has an original platinum cookies cutting. i got to try a little ghost train platinum og (ghost train haze x (platinum cookies x some unknown to me og)). it was super awesome. some platinum cookies hybrids have been circling about but the ONE dude in all of colorado who has the original cutting wont give it away or even sell it(i can understand why)

Last edited:
i live in colorado so take your pick. i like strains with grape, petrolium, and sours the most(not all in the same strains normally). it really interesting getting into the genetics because then you really know what youre smoking. its all about finding that awesome male plant and then experimenting with your favorite phenos of female plants. then you can start weeding out or increasing certain properties of the plant. thats how gems are found. stablizing by backcrossing is cool if you really want to get a clone only plant to seed but its still possible for certain genetics to cross over. god i love it all. im not a breeder or anything but i like to know what im growing and what to expect. its possible to have seeds all come from the same pollenated mother and when you grow them have 5 distinctly different plants due to phenotypes. thats why you hear things like 'chem #4'. ive worked with an inbred (chem #4 x chem #4) x (chem #4 xchem #4). boss hogg it was called because it ate nutes like no other to handle its gargantuan chem dog buds. what i really want to get my hands on is some of the original grape stomper. that'd be a gift from above

smoke weed everyday

EDIT: didnt want to double post. if i had to say i would say tga's timewreck and plushberry, dj short's flo, and colorado's own golden goat are all pretty popular right now throughout the state.

EDIT EDIT: animal cookies has made its way out here. so has an original platinum cookies cutting. i got to try a little ghost train platinum og (ghost train haze x (platinum cookies x some unknown to me og)). it was super awesome. some platinum cookies hybrids have been circling about but the ONE dude in all of colorado who has the original cutting wont give it away or even sell it(i can understand why)
There are so many strains right now in CO, I'm not going to attempt start naming them, but I agree with everything you said here.

Chem #4 is the same strain that has been in my profile picture (Avatar) for several years now on Bluelight. It's a personal favorite of mine, especially when I was growing.

So crazy that a few of you guys brought up Deathstar. I'm from Ohio and I know one the original breeders.

He got popped in the early 2000s and did a few years in prison, got out, and now runs the glass shop in ohio known as "the deathstar nation"

His shop is absolutely fire and he only supports heady american artists which is so different compared to all the other shops in ohio pushing their shitty ass china glass for ridiculous mark up. All my glass that I've posted in the social thread in the past couple months has been from him.

If you're in the area you can see some of the glass here at www.instagram.com/the_deathstar_nation

Mr Meow I also see you brought up the Dumpster. That shit is a fucking Ohio staple and is still READILY available around these parts. A grower buddy here actually recently got a cut of DJ short blueberry x dumpster and it's really looking fire. It's got the oldschool dumpster funk smell and hopefully the blueberry will bring some better terps to the table. Dumpster was always fire but I was never really diggin the terp profile on it seemed kinda eh.

I'm truley shocked you guys are bringing up these genetics lol

Last edited:
I wasn't bullshitting about that blueberry dumpster either for all you midwest goons, here's how she looks in flower I had to block out my homies IG name for respect since he's an illegal grower here in Ohio but look how greasy this mother fucker looks...

6U7jlaQ.png

And of course the same homie has got that death star =D I had to block his instagram name out again but here's how she looks in flowers for those of you that don't know

ZKGozQ1.png

Last edited:
I wasn't bullshitting about that blueberry dumpster either for all you midwest goons, here's how she looks in flower I had to block out my homies IG name for respect since he's an illegal grower here in Ohio but look how greasy this mother fucker looks...

6U7jlaQ.png

And of course the same homie has got that death star =D I had to block his instagram name out again but here's how she looks in flowers for those of you that don't know

ZKGozQ1.png

Whats the growers name?

Went to chicago. Og kush everywhere. I dont smoke but everybody i ran into who had some had og and it was all almost the same dark green skunky kinda piney popcorn buds. Fat sacks too.

The strains are always changing around here and I never know what they actually are.

The guy I get it from calls all of it "Kush"
It's very aggravating

Living in UK atm..

Lately there's been a lot of super silver around here. I guess during summers they run out of all the good stuff, since all the dealers I know try to sell you this shite and claim its something else. Honestly everyone claims its dank etc, but I hate this strain, as with any sort of tolerance (and I mean even the tiniest tolerance) you won't feel a thing. + I'm not a huge fan of the after effects. Just not an enjoyable strain at all, don't know how its won so many awards... I've had it laying around my place for a while now and I don't want to smoke it even during withdrawal lol strange..

If I had to choose out of the stuff that's SOMETIMES available if I'm lucky I'd say Alaskan Thunder Fuck, OG Kush, Pandoras Box, Blueberry Cheesecake/Blue dream (although I'm not sure if I've properly tried blue dream yet).